Profile for A. B. > Reviews

Content by A. B.

A. B. (Dorset United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Valemont [DVD]
Valemont [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Balfour (24
Offered by hunting_for_a_bargain

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Valemont [DVD] (DVD)
It's watchable but definitely one of these series that tried to jump on the Twilight bandwagon without being that great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy and faulty, 28 Jun. 2014
I sent it back after one day, it didn't draw any moisture and was so noisy I could hear it in the next room with the doors closed.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but it doesn't recover shape after a few weeks of use, 28 Jun. 2014
It's a nice matrass topper that didn't stink too much of formaldehyde when it arrived, I could use it in the bedroom after letting it air for 3 days.
It adds some softness to my firm matrass but after 2 weeks I had dents where I lie that won't come up again , even though I am not heavy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone heavier than 10 stone!

Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Love in a Cold Climate - The Complete Series [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful acting!, 28 Jun. 2014
I love all the Nancy Mitford novels but this dvd set doesn't live up to the books. Never seem more stilted and artificial acting, it made me cringe all the way through!

Jason Pure natural Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion (227g (8oz), No Parabens)
Jason Pure natural Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion (227g (8oz), No Parabens)
Offered by Aroma

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lotion but cheaper elsewhere, 28 Jun. 2014
This is one of the few non-chemical lotions that doesn't stink of engine oil.
It moisturises well and has a nice cocoa butter smell. The other lotions from Jason all smell horrible, that's probably why this one is more expensive on here. However, I buy it for £3.00 less at my local health food shop!

Happy Beds Signature 2000 King Pocket Sprung Organic Mattress, 5 ft, Platinum
Happy Beds Signature 2000 King Pocket Sprung Organic Mattress, 5 ft, Platinum
Offered by Happy Beds

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mattress if you want a firm one, 14 April 2014
I bought this mattress about a month ago and am very happy with it. It is a very good quality matress for a very reasonable price (it's about £22.00 cheaper buying it directly from the Happy beds website!).
It is definitely quite firm and after the first night my shouldres ached a bit as I was used to a very soft mattress. But I got used to it very quickly and I sleep very well on it, I have no back or hip pains like I get on too soft matresses.
It's also quite deep, you may need extra deep sheets, particularly if you add a memory foam topper for a bit of extra softness.
One last thing, the mattress is very heavy, getting it upstairs is not a one person job!

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, 24 Jan. 2014
This is a quirky movie about several adults who find themselves retiring at a shabby retirement hotel in India. It's not laugh out loud humour but tells the stories of the various characters trying to adapt to their new circumstances in gently amusing and sometimes touching ways.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [DVD] [1989]
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Chevy Chase
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 24 Jan. 2014
Great Xmas movie from the late 80th to watch with the family. Much better than most of the newer films you can watch on the TV xmas channels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful spot light, 24 Jan. 2014
This light is very lightweight and I use it to find my horse in a dark field. It's not as bright as other spot lights I had before but it's sufficient and reaches about 200 yards down the field. Hopefully it will last longer than one winter, that seems to be the general average of previous, slightly cheaper lights I've had.

Tayberry Navy Blue Unisex Marian Australian Style Full Length Waterproof Coat - Size Large (41 - 43 inch chest)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great raincoat, 24 Jan. 2014
I have only just bought this coat and really like it though cannot yet say of it will remain waterproof long-term. It's well made and seems robust and has all the bit you'd expect: hood, shoulder cape that doesn't flap and leg straps to stop the bottom from flapping around your legs.
It is quite long and would suit a tall person and still cover down to mid-calf. It is quite warm so it probably would be too warm in the warmer weather.
I used to have a similar Jack Murphy raincaot but I prefer this one as it fans out more at the back so I can ride my horse wearing it. However, it is a bit more narrow around the shoulders than the J.M. one and a bit heavier; if you are a tall, brought shouldered man you might want to order a size XL one (I'm 5'10, slim, female and ordered a seize L = 16)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9