Profile for A. B. > Reviews

Content by A. B.

A. B. (Dorset United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Toshiba SD1015KB DVD Player (New for 2013)
Toshiba SD1015KB DVD Player (New for 2013)
Offered by Southern Electric
Price: 34.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget player, 27 July 2014
This is a great budget DVD player, you really can't go wrong for 25.00. It's dead easy to set up, though you need to buy a scart lead if you haven't got a spare one. It's kightweight and compact and looks nice and it doesn't make any 'squeaky' sounds as some cheap players do.
I followed the simple steps described by Gary's review to make it multi-region so I can play my US DVDs.
Am well pleased with this player and put it in the lounge rather than my bedroom as initially planned.

Pack of 9 Reusable Stay Fresh Plastic Can Caps in assorted colours
Pack of 9 Reusable Stay Fresh Plastic Can Caps in assorted colours
Offered by CaraselleDirect
Price: 1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014
Very useful and cheap way to keep catfood cans or other cans closed and stop content from drying out.

Aloe Vera Gel 98% Tube 113ml
Aloe Vera Gel 98% Tube 113ml
Offered by OTCFORYOU
Price: 3.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for dry skin, 2 July 2014
I received this free when I bought Jason sun cream. I have never used aloe vera before but I am converted and am now using it every morning underneath my usual moisturiser. It gives my skin a nice, supple but soft feel, much better than any moisturizer I ever used. I was surprised how much better my skin looked after I applied it.
And it's not expensive as you only need very little.

JASON Natural Cosmetics Sunbrellas Natural Sun Care Kid's Block, SPF 45, 4 oz Tubes
Offered by High Street
Price: 8.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sun protection, 2 July 2014
I would have liked to give this a good review as I am all for non-chemical cosmetics but unfortunately this sun cream is disappointing. I used to use Nivea Factor 30 and it offered significantly longer sun protection than the Jason one even though it's supposed to be factor 45. I ended up with a sun burn and I won't be using it again.
Also, it's thick and greasy, like putting Sudo cream on your face, and it clogs the pores. Don't uses it in your face if you are prone to black heads!

The Witches Of Eastwick [1987] [DVD]
The Witches Of Eastwick [1987] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 3.41

5.0 out of 5 stars 1980th classic, 28 Jun 2014
I love this 1980th movie which is very funny and turning slightly sinister at the end. I actually preferred the movie to the book.

The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)
The Earl's Inconvenient Wife (Marriage by Scandal Book 1)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish novel, 28 Jun 2014
This book reminded me of a Barbara Cartland novel; not my cup of tea at all but luckily it was a free download!

Legend of the Guardians [DVD] [2010]
Legend of the Guardians [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Emilie de Ravin
Price: 3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 28 Jun 2014
I bought this because it was cheap on Amazon. I kind of expected a cheerful kids movie but found this one a bit disappointing and gave it to a friend.

Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Wives and Daughters (Repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Francesca Annis
Price: 3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great period drama, 28 Jun 2014
A lovely adaption of the book, really enjoyed watching it. If you love period dramas like Cranford, you'll like this one too.

The Haunted Hotel
The Haunted Hotel
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best novel, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Haunted Hotel (Kindle Edition)
I read the whole novel but got a bit bored a couple of times, The plot was somewhat predictable. Nowhere near as good as the Woman in White

Valemont [DVD]
Valemont [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Balfour (24
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 3.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Valemont [DVD] (DVD)
It's watchable but definitely one of these series that tried to jump on the Twilight bandwagon without being that great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7