Profile for S. K. Das > Reviews

S. K. Das (UK)

Lowepro Laptop Backpack Factor - Black
Lowepro Laptop Backpack Factor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one I have, 6 Sep 2011
This is a very good bag for carrying laptop safely. Mine withstand terrible Scottish weather for two years, extreme snowfall in Sweden for almost one year, travelled half of the world, and still look like new. The bag is very convenient to use and carry.

Manfrotto MN-458HL Carry Strap for MDeVe, 190/055WNB + PRO & 458B Tripods
Manfrotto MN-458HL Carry Strap for MDeVe, 190/055WNB + PRO & 458B Tripods

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't serve the purpose, 13 May 2011
I bought this strap for my Manfroto 190XPROB. I wanted to carry the tripod on my shoulder but the fancy strap was too short and only allows to carry on hand. So it didn't serve my purpose.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 1:53 PM GMT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars mine is faulty, 2 Dec 2010
I bought the item in May 2010. The hard drive started giving me trouble after few months and in October 2010 it was completely broken. It used to disconnect abruptly since I started using it but I underestimated the problem. So after few months it completely stopped communicating with (any) computer. I managed to recover the data after a disk check but the connection problem remains. I think the product was faulty from the beginning and I dont complain for this (because this can happen). I am rather disappointed with the Lacie technical service, which is operated by a bunch of BPO guys, who has no technical knowledge. For last one month I am in touch with them and they still couldn't decide how to arrange a fix (I have the warranty).

Manfrotto 334B Automatic Monopod
Manfrotto 334B Automatic Monopod

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 2 Dec 2010
Easy to use; absolute necessary when you cant/dont want to carry a tripod and you have a heavy DSLR. However, you have to buy a head separately for the optimum use.

Kenko DG Auto Extension Tube Set for the Nikon AF Mount
Kenko DG Auto Extension Tube Set for the Nikon AF Mount
Offered by CameraKing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool for macro photography, 2 Dec 2010
The extension tubes are easy to use and very effective. I use the tubes with my sigma 180 mm 1:1 macro and get very good results. The quality of image doesn't suffer at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2013 5:27 PM GMT

Hama 32In1 Reader & 3-Way Hub Usb2.0
Hama 32In1 Reader & 3-Way Hub Usb2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 28 Jun 2010
I don't like to transfer photos directly from the camera for various reason. A card reader is the safest way to transfer the photos. It is cheap, small and very effective.

Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital Circular Polarizing Filter
Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital Circular Polarizing Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for everyday photography, 28 Jun 2010
I use this filter for everyday photography. It makes noticeable difference in photographs; however, I noticed a negligible difference between the expensive digital and cheaper non-digital version. I normally use a digital polariser instead a UV filter all the time. When photographing under very low light (hand held) I take off the polariser.

Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 28 Jun 2010
This filter is good for everyday protection of the lens front element from scratch dust etc. Although, having it will not make any noticeable difference in photograph, I noticed a negligible difference between the expensive digital and cheaper non-digital version. I normally use a digital polariser instead a UV filter all the time. When photographing under low light I take off the polariser and put the UV filter on.

LaCie Rikiki 640GB USB 2.0 Hard Disk - Black
LaCie Rikiki 640GB USB 2.0 Hard Disk - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for backup, 13 Jun 2010
This portable external hard disk is very useful for both Laptop and desktop computer. I bought it to backup mainly my raw images. It is small with only one usb cable (unlike previous models that had two of them)and fast. After proper unplugging (first from computer and them from usb) I always hear the sound the stopping of the moving part inside but I dont think it is a problem.