Profile for James C > Reviews

Content by James C

James C

2x 5 LED 360° T10 Bulb Indicator Xenon Sidelight White Perfect To Replace Standard 501 W5W T10 168 194 Bulbs
Offered by accecity

5.0 out of 5 stars great replacement for factory bulbs, 16 Dec 2013
I used these as replacement dash lights when I was upgrading the dials on my roadster they have an awesome pure while look and it look seconds to fit. I'm getting more when I replace the bulbs in the center console.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and great quality, 28 Aug 2013
If your like me you've probably found 0.3 to be a pain to find while out shopping as most office places wont stock them and the big chain hobby stores don't even know what I'm asking for. In fact the only store that I know stocks them is a good 10 miles away so when I ran out I just ordered them online I was worried they would come damaged but my sets were fine.

Sharkoon 2-in-1 Kit 30cm Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps Case Modding Accessories -White

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, 28 Aug 2013
its a very simple kit consisting of 2 white cathodes, a 4 pin molex connector, a power block and a switch it does exactly what it says on the packet.

Pro's
. switch is connected via spade clips so its easy to customize or delete depending on how you want it fitted.
. very bright
. Velcro is nice
. Molex connection has both an input and output so you don't loose a connection. good news if you own a low spec or a modular PSU and want to use as few leads as possible.

Con's
. Glue on the velcro failed a few times. I put it down to how I've got mine above my CPU in the case so heat from the CPU and graphics card over a few days made it soft and prone to failure. Simple fix was to just super glue the velcro back onto the cathode.
. The cables from the cathode are quite short so if you own a medium to large sized case (I own a Corsair C70) you will find that your limited in placement. Originally I wanted one along the top and one along the bottom that was not even close to possible with the cables fitted.

Corsair Professional Series AX 760 Watt ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Unit
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars great PSU, 23 July 2013
an amazing PSU, almost silent, all black cables to help with the looks of the look inside. One nice touch is how you get 2 sets of cables for your graphics card a set of 2 8 pin cables that can become 2 8/6 pin plugs at the end these are great for SLI/Cross fire set ups as it keeps every thing neat and a set of traditional 8 pin to 8/6 pin if your using a single card and would rather have 2 cables.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 19 Aug 2012
While the box and the item description don't list this this cooler will fit 1155 boards using the 1156 parts and settings. newer boxes list 1155 but the one Amazon sent me must have been from an older run.

The main worry I had from this was if it were going to fit my mobo an Asus Sabertooth Z77 its got that heat shield/thermal armour that covers 90% of the board and an assist fan right below the CPU socket. The good news is that it clears all of it by around 10mm so plenty of clearance and the cables are nice and long so it can wrap around all the corners to tuck away nicely. A smaller worry was if it were going to fit inside my case. It's a standard ATX but its over 10 years old and a bit on the thin side so I could not really go for anything with fans bigger then 120mm ( a cooler with 140mm would have been poking out of the side of the case.)

Down side if you want to run both fans in a push pull fashion buy ram with small or no heat spreader. I've got the Corsair Vengeance and I have no hope in hell of using all 4 slots if I want to use this type of ram given the rather over kill spreaders on each module. Luckily I just have 2 sticks so I don't have any issue and it will easily clear the memory slot dust covers that come with the Sabertooth.

As for performance I had an Intel stock cooler before so really anything would have been a step up but I can safely say both noise and temps are down. the MechWarrior Online Beta could get my 3770K just above the 60 mark but with this cooler it wont even get past 45. So with that in mind it gives me a fair good chunk of room for some overclocking.

You do get a few extras such as some noise reduction cables that knock the fan speed down as well as a 1-into-2 splitter cable if you only have 1 CPU fan socket. you Also get a cool case badge and a rather useful thin screwdriver.
All in all this is an awesome cooler if you have to keep an eye on how much room you have in you case.

Akasa AK-FN057 Apache 12cm Fan
Akasa AK-FN057 Apache 12cm Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars best bang for buck I've seen, 17 Aug 2012
At the time of buying I had just finished building what was a beast from new internals but with old fans and an old case. The machine works very well but the 2 120mm case fans were brutally load they could even drown out my old Xbox360. So I needed a new set and I'm not one for glowing led's so I was looking to get a set of Noctua but I seen the price and I got to thinking could I get a product with that reputation and spec without the price and I went for these.

They are super quite I cant actually hear them untill I put them on full power and the cable is protected with a nice braided casing.

downside. if you dont like the camo colours that could be a downside but I dig it.

G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra 3 3/4 Inch Action Figure Wave 2 - Jungle Viper
G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra 3 3/4 Inch Action Figure Wave 2 - Jungle Viper
Offered by M&E Store-USA

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun toy for collectors and kids, 5 July 2012
this figure is a bit harder to find in the UK given the low popularity of Joes here but I'd say this is worth the mark up. It's packed with a nice set of kit and one of the coolest guns I've seen. Its just annoying the stock photos for this guy don't really show off how cool he can look with the camo folded over him.

Downsides? Well the armour/camo parts are bulky and really he can only hold the gun one way if you want to stand him up so really theirs only a few good ways to display him. Also if your buying this for a kid expect him to loose a good chunk of the parts within a week. If he's into Joes I'd say go with another fig for now unless you know he wont loose them.

The parts are all a soft flexible plastic so I don't see any part of this guy braking unless put under way more stress then what's normal.

Educational value.... none and I'm fine with that.

Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, Intel Z77 Express, ATX, PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, Quad GPU AMD CrossfireX, Supports HDMI 1.4a)

5.0 out of 5 stars review from a noobie builder, 5 July 2012
Cant say that the system I'm building around it is up and running yet given I'm still missing a few parts but from what experience I do have with it its a good board.

very easy to install
comes with a ton of extras that I didnt think I'd get like 4 Sata cables
Led error lights are useful if you forget to plug something in correctly
the shielding makes it very easy to handle and makes it rather tidy looking.
Easy to update and reset the bio's (and this is from some one who tends to stay away from that sorta thing.
Supports SLI and Crossfire
all in all a very tidy board

Con's
does not support fire wire. Not a big thing these days given its on the way out but if you have a camera that uses it be warned.

All in all well worth the price I paid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2012 2:11 PM GMT

Armoured Core V (Xbox 360)
Armoured Core V (Xbox 360)
Offered by GameExplorers

4.0 out of 5 stars Armoured Core V, 5 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Have you played any AC game before or anything from the mech warrior line well this might be fun for you but this is not something for people who do not know what their getting into unless they have done their research.

In many ways this is a great AC game however it falls a little flat in other places,

Pro's
Gun system is very gun and allows for many play styles
lots of parts to pick from
painting system is a set up
multiplayer is much improved over 4

Con's
The Plot is weak even after playing every mission you don't really know what the overall story was because the story telling itself is rather lacking you dont even really get to know any of the 10 characters you hear over your radio and the only ones you do really get to know are often cannon fodder the next mission.
graphics are rather poor they use a fair chunk of filters to cover up the simple models.
With such heavy focus on multiplayer you would think their would be a wide range of missions and finding players would be easy... not quite. other players come in the form of Merc's and the map choices are limited. Also for a player who's not in a clan you wont make much progress outside of the single player missions and difficulty does ramp up quite fast.
the UI is horrid its just so bad I almost give up some times because I will spend longer playing around in menus getting ready then actually fighting. And its also rather unuser friendly.

Is it worth the price... I guess if you like giant robots and have other AC games but if you just want an action game or just want to fight robots wait for Mechwarrior Online or Hawken