Profile for Mr. Stuart Travers > Reviews

Content by Mr. Stuart Travers

Mr. Stuart Travers "Stu" (UK)

Hesitation Marks (Deluxe Edition)
Hesitation Marks (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 12 Sep 2013
Listen to it, I think youi'll be surprised. It's unlike any NIN album previously. More commercial in some respects but still edgy

iGloo Leather Pouch Case Cover Sleeve with Pull Tab For The Nokia Lumia 920 Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by IRIS

2.0 out of 5 stars Nokia Lumia 920 won't fit in this case, 30 Mar 2013
This case is reasonable well built but unfortunately, it's not fit for use with a Lumia 920. The phone has to be really squeezeed in, so much so that the buttons on the side get depressed so it either switches the screen on, opens up the camera app or switches the phone off.

I'd ask for a refund if I could be bothered and if it wasn't so cheap

Welcome Reality (Amazon Exclusive Bonus Track)
Welcome Reality (Amazon Exclusive Bonus Track)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first album, 23 Aug 2011
Ever since hearing Zane Lowe play Me & You at the beginning of this year, I've been waiting for this album to be released and it doesn't disappoint. The thing that really strikes me after listening to the album a few times is the quality of the production. Far better than I was expecting. The problem with some dubstep is the seemingly increasing need to play the bass so loud and so distorted that you lose the rest of the track. Mediocre dubstep then tends to be a bit one dimensional and this album has avoided falling into this trap. I dare say that die hard dupstep fans might not like this album and will say it is too mainstream but that's what happens when recognition comes your way.

At the moment, my favourite track would have to be "In The Way". There are a couple which feel like fillers to me which is why it gets 4 out of 5 but don't let that put you off.

Logitech Harmony One UK - Advanced Universal Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One UK - Advanced Universal Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Harmony One remote, 10 Jan 2009
This is an excellent remote. I previously had the Marantz touch screen remote and it was OK but difficult to programme. With the Harmony One, you do need a PC to run the software and download the remote codes but it si pretty straight forward and I found the set up process very easy.

The unit itself is very ergonomic, the only thing I am not too keen on is the location of the four coloured Sky+ buttons. They are on the touchscreen and it takes some getting used to them being on there.

The process of switching between actions is superb and very slick. If it all goes wrong, simply press the help button and it tries to reset the commands.

All in all a great remote for a great price and I am glad I bought it.

Too Human (Xbox 360)
Too Human (Xbox 360)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Human XBox360 review, 1 Sep 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Too Human (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this game on Saturday so haven't played it loads yet but I am about a third of the way through on the champion character. Overall the game is great. I bought it because I wanted something different to the first person shooters as I really still struggle with the controls coming from a PC FPS background.

Anyway, good points first: Graphics are excellent but the sound is simply stunning and it really makes for an immersive experience. The gameplay is also great overall. I liked the flowing gameplay and zero load times. Also liking the leveling and skills to choose from. I'm still leveling up but there are some amazing weapons to choose from especially the big mofo guns that you can sit back and level enemies form a distance before getting into the thick of it with the melee weapons.

Not so good points: I'm finding the cut scenes and movie sections a bit boring and there are loads of them. I've played about 5 hours so far and a good hour of that is either watching movies or running around HQ looking for people to talk with. The only other real let-down is the lack of different enemies to fighjt. So far, I can count on the fingers of one hand the different types I have tackled. It does get juiced up a bit as each enemy can carry different weapons and defences but still it is a bit lacking.

All in all, I am growing to realy like this game and even now, it does have that replay value that is really rare in games these days (just one more go). Buy this game if you like sci-fi stories and loads of loot collecting and also killing LOTS of bad guys. Seeing about 40 goblins running towards you from a mile off is an amazing site and that alone really shows off the power of the XBox360 to be able to animate from that distance away.

Nice one!!