Profile for I. Le-luan > Reviews

The Airfix Book of Scale Modelling
by Jonathan Mock
Price: 10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Self congratulatory, 28 Jan 2012
This book offers a nice potted history of airfix and how scale models are manufactured, but lacks any real meat when it comes to advice on constructing and finishing scale models. A good gift for any Airfix enthusiast, but lacking in depth for anyone trying to improve their model making know how.

Audi A3 PROTECT-2 Waterproof Rear Car Seat Cover Fabric Protector/Boot Liner
Audi A3 PROTECT-2 Waterproof Rear Car Seat Cover Fabric Protector/Boot Liner
Offered by Bits Warehouse Ltd
Price: 9.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not shapely, 28 Jan 2012
Not bad value, but it doesn't fit very well to the back seat of my A3, and has a tendency to come undone, which can be a right pain in the backside, trying to tie it back up whilst stopping my mud covered dog jumping on the upholstery.

Knog Gekko 3 Led Front Light - Translucent
Knog Gekko 3 Led Front Light - Translucent
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Jan 2012
I've bought two of these now. They look great, the beam is good, and it's nice to have different flashing options. They also fit (just) on my chunky handlebars. One of them is still going strong, the other lasted about 2 weeks, but I accept it may just have been a dud. I've taken a couple of tumbles and as they're strapped tight to the bike, and rubber coated, are extremely tough and durable.

Cleaning Brushes for Nail Airbrushes
Cleaning Brushes for Nail Airbrushes
Offered by Essential Nails
Price: 4.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 28 Jan 2012
A must have have for anyone owning an airbrush, I've found them really useful and the various sizes are ideal for reaching the more inaccessible areas. A bit pricy for what you get, but indespensable nevertheless.

Haynes Desk Diary 2012
Haynes Desk Diary 2012
Price: 8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Haynes Desk Diary 2012 (Calendar)
Having previously bought the 2011 version, I simply had to get one for 2012. Sturdy and excellent value for money, I find it often provides a light hearted talking point at work, loads of people have thought I'm a classic car enthusiast. The only downside is that the phone numbers/address segment is too short, but I just use the pages that are provided for the final months of the previous year.

BBB Bicycle Bell EasyFit Deluxe for 1-1/8, White
BBB Bicycle Bell EasyFit Deluxe for 1-1/8, White
Price: 4.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: BBB EasyFit Deluxe Bell (Sports)
I bought this bell on the premise it would fit on the chunky handlebars of my racer, and on this premise it was a success, as I'd previously had to return several other bells. However, the mechanism is basic, it feels like it could snap at any minute, and the sound emanating from it is pathetic. I live in Germany where it's mandatory to have a bell when using bike lanes and cycle paths, and I've had to yell at pedestrians to look out on a number of occasions as they've failed to hear the bell. Therefore, it's useless, and potentially dangerous.

Masking Tape 10mm
Masking Tape 10mm
Offered by Compact Compatibles
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Stick it to 'em, 28 Jan 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Masking Tape 10mm (Toy)
As someone trying to make the leap from 'novice' modeller, I decided it was high time I started to use modelling specific tools. Tamiya tape beats sellotape hands down, the adhesion is solid enough to ensure crisp delineations, but light enough to prevent taking a layer of paint off. It cuts easily with a craft knife too, for when trying to create a non-linear finish. For better end results, its well worth the expense.

The Fall
The Fall
Price: 5.76

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a grower, 24 May 2011
This review is from: The Fall (Audio CD)
I was bitterly disappointed when I first heard this album. However, was it fair of me to expect it to be a carbon copy of albums past? After a few listens, I think it's not a bad album at all, great background music or for in the car. If you're new to the Gorillaz, visit the earlier stuff first, but for anyone else, this album is well worth the price and is another interesting aspect of the Gorillaz' evolution.

Airfix A04049 Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer S2B/S2 1:72 Scale Series 4 Plastic Model Kit
Price: 11.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very exciting, 22 May 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
As a represesentation of a superb aircraft, the end product isn't too bad. However, it was one of the least challenging kits I've built, which I feel means poor value for money in terms of time spent and satisfaction gained. Typically for Airfix, the cockpit canopy didn't fit at all and needed filing down. If you want a kit that's fun to build and equally fun to look at afterwards, I'd personally recommend choosing one of the pre jet age models, and despite people like James May getting teary eyed about Airfix, Revell generally offer a far superior product.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 8:02 PM GMT

J-me Cozy Remote Tidy Black
J-me Cozy Remote Tidy Black
Price: 11.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Mar 2011
Good value for the price, I've seen them going on the high street for almost twice as much. Of sturdy and stable construction, the spaces for controls are quite narrow but should be big enough for most remote controls. Perhaps not the most inspired piece of modern design, but not overwhelming either, I would recommend this product to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3