Profile for Thomas Hooper > Reviews

Content by Thomas Hooper

Thomas Hooper (Kidderminster, UK)

7" Exercise Ball + Stand For Hamster Pet Cage House
7" Exercise Ball + Stand For Hamster Pet Cage House
Offered by Scot-Petshop Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult!, 1 Jan 2011
Well I ordered this product some time ago and received it promptly, but I never got around to writing a review for it until now. The stand seemed useful until it broke due to my own carelessness, so I can't mark the product down for that. The ball itself is very sturdy - this is both a blessing and a curse. Although quite difficult for my hamster to damage, it is extremely difficult to get both sides to lock together properly without applying considerable force. I'm afraid of breaking the plastic so I can't lock them together, which means if my hamster bumps into something at speed, the ball splits in two and he falls out. Additionally, the two lid attachments that go at either side of the ball are now impossible for me to remove without breaking everything. All in all it does what it says on the box, but it's just too difficult to use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2014 7:20 AM BST

Special Offer...Gt Britain (Union Jack) National Flag 5ft x 3ft
Special Offer...Gt Britain (Union Jack) National Flag 5ft x 3ft
Offered by My Swift

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-Quality Flag, 6 Oct 2010
I bought this flag just to hang over my bed, but I've ended up wearing it as a cape to some events and waving it around in the air, and it is still unblemished. That said, I'd put this down to me being very careful with it, rather than the flag itself being tough. I imagine it would be torn to shreds quite quickly if I were to accidentally catch a corner under one foot, or get it caught in a closing door as I walk through. Despite the very high-quality look of this flag, it is a little transparent which can be irritating if you're particularly pedantic. Finally, one of the long edges of the flag curves inwards which I don't believe is supposed to happen, but given the price I'm willing to overlook this minor problem.

If you want a flag to fly outside, at the mercy of the elements, I'd suggest a flag made from a tougher material. For hanging up in your house and just having fun with, this is a top purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 6:04 PM BST

Patriot XT Boost 200X 8GB USB 2.0 Rugged Waterproof and Shock Resistant Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product, 6 Oct 2010
I was a little hesitant to buy this because it was a little more expensive than I was hoping for, but I decided to trust in other reviews, and I'm very glad I did! This flash drive is tough and resilient and has survived being dropped, thrown, and stood on. Even looking at it and touching it reassures me that my data is safe. Furthermore, the "fastest data transfer" tagline is most definitely not an unfounded boast. I haven't calculated the exact times and statistics, but data transfers to and from this flash drive much faster than it does with big name flash drives such as Kingston. Tough, fast, and good looking. A good buy.

Sony DVD-RW Single Rewritable DVD+RW
Sony DVD-RW Single Rewritable DVD+RW
Offered by Annova (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Oct 2010
I can't fault this product for the price. I burned a Windows 7 ISO to the disc to reinstall my computer's operating system after I got a virus, and it did a superb job. Good disc, good protective case, good price. To top it all off, you can rewrite it. Can't go wrong.

Cosonic Black Multimedia Headphones & Microphone w/ 3.5mm Jack & 2 Metre Cable
Cosonic Black Multimedia Headphones & Microphone w/ 3.5mm Jack & 2 Metre Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound Quality - Very Uncomfortable, 6 Oct 2010
For such a low price I wasn't expecting much from this headset, but man, I underestimated these. The sound quality is comparable to some professional DJ headsets I have used - excellent balance, and I can hear every single subtle detail in every song I listen to. The quality is great in games, too - very clear and very easy to make out where sounds are coming from in terms of both direction and distance. The mic is also brilliant and one of the clearest I have ever used. There was some quite significant noise interference, and the mic was picking up sound coming out of the headphones. Annoying, but I fixed it easily by going into my sound card's control panel and adjusting noise reduction settings.

The only thing I could say against this headset is the design. The headphones automatically flip inwards for compact packing, but this means they press into the sides of my head. This is extremely uncomfortable! Additionally, the headset is quite heavy and the bars on top dig into the top my head quite badly. I am able to fix this by folding some tissue paper into pads and placing it underneath the bars, but the design needs to be reconsidered. I'm an avid gamer and sometimes have gaming sessions of six hours or longer. This headset becomes very uncomfortable within twenty minutes.

If you only want to use your headset for a few quick Skype calls, this headset is perfect for you - excellent sound quality, excellent price. If you plan on using your headset for long periods of time, as I do, then I'd advise you to go for something more comfortable, with a better design.

The sound quality may be fantastic but with such a poor design, this quality is hard to appreciate for long periods of time, so I can only give this headset three stars.

Proporta iPhone 4 iPhone 4S Leather Case with Aluminum Lining - Protective High Quality Flip Cover with Magnetic Closure and Pinstripe Lining
Offered by Proporta

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value, 18 Sep 2010
This case arrived the day after I ordered it for my iPhone 4 - a couple of days before the phone itself arrived! It ticks all the boxes; my phone fits perfectly into the case and I haven't experienced any issues with it being loose or even shooting out of the case, as some users have reported. It offers spectacular coverage of my phone, solves the reception problem, and makes it much easier to grip. At first I was worried about the chunky look, but there's nothing as reassuring as seeing my precious phone safe in this case, and it fits snugly into the pocket of my jeans - very easy to take out. The magnetic lid offers very good protection and doesn't even open if I hold it up in the air by the flap alone. The only problem I can name is with the iPhone's main button, which the case covers over. It takes considerable effort to push this button now, but once you get used to it, it's perfect. For the price, I would recommend this over any "luxury" or "designer" case on the market at three times the cost - it does exactly the same job.

== EDIT ==

I thought it would be appropriate to add something to this review, almost a year and a half after purchasing the case - I recently bought a second of these for another iPhone and the design appears to have changed a little since my original review. The foam padding in the back of the case and its front flap feels substantially thicker than the old design, offering greater protection. The part in which the iPhone sits is different too, it is now fairly rigid whereas this part on the old design moved around. All in all I'd say the redesign has added to the already superb protection offered by this case. Additionally, the problem with the home button being too difficult to press is now resolved. The only fault I can find is that the holding part does cover the left and right edges of the screen somewhat, making it difficult for someone like me to access primarily the 'P' key when typing on the keypad.

Neet® Optical Microfibre SCREEN / LENS Cleaning Cloth - 30cm x 30cm - Suitable for Plasma, LCD, TFT, Camera Lens, iPhone, iPad, Auto etc.
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 18 Sep 2010
I received the cloth two days after ordering it. So far I have used it numerous times on my iPhone 4 and prior to this, on my iPod Touch, and the results were invariably amazing. The cloth removes all dust, hair and other blemishes with a single rub, and even removes some of the less serious scratches my gadgets incur. It is very large, incredibly strong, and doesn't get dirty at all. For such a reasonable price this is a product you simply can't go without, if you're serious about caring for your gadgets.