Profile for Lara > Reviews

Content by Lara

Lara "larsterkk.deviantart. com" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ultrasport Swing Stepper incl. Resistance Cords
Ultrasport Swing Stepper incl. Resistance Cords

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this (almost) 2 years ago, 22 Mar. 2015
In April, 2013, I paid £30.49 for this exact stepper on Amazon. I use the stepper every week and it works fine. I have never used the handle attachments and I think the calorie count is very generous so I take that with a pinch of salt. The tension seems very stiff for the first hour or so and then as the hydraulics are being worked over time each session, the tension becomes much more manageable - but I like this as it feels like a good workout. I never bother with manually adjusting the tension for each use. If you pull one of the steps upwards too high it may unhinge the tension wire which is a bit of a job putting back on, although this has happened to me at least three times - it's also a messy job so make sure you put the stepper over newspaper or something to cover the floor (the oil stains).
The stepper used to make very weird noises every once in a while as if it were broken, however oiling the wire a few times has worked a treat, but again it's messy and I would probably keep newspaper under the stepper for the next couple of uses - just incase. It does make your surroundings shake and I've always wished it wasn't so noisy but it has lasted me well (noise cancelling ear-phones counteract this - for me. Everyone else just has to put up with it!) . I wouldn't want to pay near £70 though!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars NON-FOOD GRADE PLASTIC CONTAINERS - LINKED TO CANCER...., 5 Jan. 2014
Switching to coconut oils as going 'chemical-free'. Bought this just before I Googled about platics. Just like parabens and other chemicals put in EVERYTHING that are linked to cancer (mimic estrogen - make cells grow rapidly faster - bad cells quickly grow into tumours) - plastics can also be liked to cancer (and have been linked to mimicking estrogen.. quite scary really). All plastic containers should have a triangle on the bottom with a number in it - number 3 and 7 are REALLY BAD, especially if the contents is food.

This coconut oil is supplied in a '3' plastic which means the plastic is contaminating the coconut oil. I transferred mine over into glass jars, I still use the coconut oil but never for cooking - don't want to ingest this.

[...] - One article out of hundreds about plastics and our health.

It's best to just not use plastics and go for stainless steel/glass options, however, this is not always possible. However, '3', has been proven to leach bad chemicals onto its contents - this risk only increases if the plastic is subjected to heat & stored for a long time. Now I know that this is supplied in a non-food grade plastic, I will not buy again.

[...]

Microwavable Clanger - Blue Coat
Microwavable Clanger - Blue Coat

5.0 out of 5 stars SO CUTE!!!!, 30 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my mum. IT IS SO CUTE! Everytime I look at the Clanger I just want to hug him!!! Ahh it really is very cute! Only been heated about 3 times so cannot give you a long term review. However, so far so good. The Clanger heats up well and smells of lavender. As this was not bought for me, I'm not sure how long the Clanger stays warm for. I did read another review which stated around an hour. The Clanger feels a little wet when heated but the instructions do state that this is normal to start off with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 4 Oct. 2013
I find if you use this over (dried) paint it seeps through quite badly, and this is most likely the case if used over other mediums. If used straight on paper it does produce a thinner stroke to the others (0.1, etc), shame this pen is not part of the 5 pack.

Murine Bright & Moist 15ml
Murine Bright & Moist 15ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted to these a few years ago, not looked back., 4 Oct. 2013
Maybe it's the way I put them in, but they tend to flow straight out of my eyes and if you wear lots of eye make-up this could be a problem. However, they are the only drops that stop my eyes looking bloodshot for the longest amount of time. Savers do them for £2.99 at the moment though, so I have stopped buying them online for the time being.

Denman D90 Tangle Tamer Hairbrush
Denman D90 Tangle Tamer Hairbrush
Offered by Adams Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't get too excited about a brush, but it glides pain free., 4 Oct. 2013
Doesn't hurt, yay.. But it can also easily miss tangled areas. OK so my hair now looks like it has had a good brush through it, but it doesn't miraculously make the frizzy parts/ flyaways disappear.

100 Grip Seal Bags 3.5 x 4.5 Inch 200g Strong Reusable Zip Lock
100 Grip Seal Bags 3.5 x 4.5 Inch 200g Strong Reusable Zip Lock
Offered by Mr Stationary

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., 4 Oct. 2013
Fast delivery. Bags actually stay 'locked' and feel of good quality. I decided to finally untangle all of my necklaces and put each one in its own grip bag and then into a jewellery box.

100 Grip Seal Bags 2.25 x 3 Inch Strong Reusable Zip Lock
100 Grip Seal Bags 2.25 x 3 Inch Strong Reusable Zip Lock
Offered by New-Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 4 Oct. 2013

V-fit AET2 Air Elliptical Trainer
V-fit AET2 Air Elliptical Trainer

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for years.. now belt has snapped!, 22 Aug. 2013
The tension belt has snapped... does anyone know how to replace it as I can't find it online ANYWHERE?
Don't want to have to pay out for a brand new crosstrainer just because of the belt.. everything else works fine and I've had it for at least 2 years.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2016 11:18 AM GMT

1.0 out of 5 stars No, 4 Nov. 2012
I have very light blonde ombre hair. My hair has taken very well to bleach over the last 5+ years. Only a dew strands went silver, very disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2