Profile for Mr. David J. Silk > Reviews

Content by Mr. David J. Silk

Mr. David J. Silk (Cumbria, UK)

Tennyson: To strive, to seek, to find
Tennyson: To strive, to seek, to find
by John Batchelor

4.0 out of 5 stars I found this an engaging and thorough account of Tennyson's ..., 1 Sep 2014
I found this an engaging and thorough account of Tennyson's life and work. The family tree was particularly helpful in understanding the complex family relationships.

Unauthorized Versions: Poems and Their Parodies
Unauthorized Versions: Poems and Their Parodies
by Kenneth Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars An engaging and amusing book, 6 May 2014
I read this book from the Library several years ago, and wanted it on my shelves. Kenneth Baker is a perceptive commentator; see also his "English History in Verse" (Faber, 1988).

M&L Mobiles® | BATTERY FOR SIEMENS C45 | 2118 | 3118 | M50 | MT50 | C1168 | M46 | A50 Li-Ion
Offered by M&L Mobiles UK

5.0 out of 5 stars New batteries for Siemens C45, 8 Dec 2013
The new batteries have given our mobile phones a new lease of life. The phones were bought in 1983, and still work well.

As Far as I Know
As Far as I Know
by Roger McGough

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: As Far as I Know (Paperback)
Roger McGough's insightful and humorous skill is as strong as ever. Even the front cover (and the eponymous poem) have a poetic ambiguity!

Information: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
Information: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
by Luciano Floridi

4.0 out of 5 stars Reader's Comments, 18 Jun 2010
My background is in telecommunications and information management. I found this book very useful to update me on the various perspectives of "information". Generally the book is clear and concise. It certainly gives a wide overview of what is probably the most important resource in our complex world.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink Cartridges, 22 May 2009
This is a convenient and economical way of keeping a stock of genuine Canon ink cartridges.