Profile for Donald > Reviews

Content by Donald

Donald "fish_at_home"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Wireless Doorbell, JETech® Portable Wireless DoorBell Chime Plug-in Push Button with LED Indicator Over 50 Chimes, No Batteries Required for the Receiver - White
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 3 Mar. 2016
This is a great value doorbell.The range is good and the ringer also has a very loud volume option so it can be heard all over the house.

Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Black, 15 Litres
Vango Pac Packable Rucksack - Black, 15 Litres
Offered by MyoutdoorStore

3.0 out of 5 stars Light and Durable., 29 Feb. 2016
This bag did me well for several trips abroad.It can fold down very small into another bag and be used as and when. It's very light and durable. The downsides are it's a bit uncomfortable to wear as it's so thin, anything in it will jab into your back. It can hold a lot though. It's not waterproof (I know it doesn't claim to be) so watch out in the rain as anything inside will get pretty soaked. It's great for taking on a daytrip, but as a main cabin baggage item or for holding a laptop etc, it's a bit limited.

Deutschland 83
Deutschland 83
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars No English subtitles., 29 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Deutschland 83 (Blu-ray)
First things first. The TV series is worth more than 5 stars, however this is a review of the Blu-Ray.

Amazon states it has English subtitles. It doesn't. This listing ships from Germany directly and has no subtitles at all, not even German. Now it's not the end of the World for me as I understand German, but maybe not quite enough to fully enjoy the series again as I don't fully know what is being said. It's annoying as the listing here does state English subtitles. I may have to return this and wait for Channel 4 to re-release it.

Secondly, the intro music used on the bluray version is not the same up-beat one we saw on UK TV. It's rather dull actually and that was also a bit of a let down as the one we saw on Channel 4 was brilliant and fitting. I presume the one on the bluray is the one which aired in Germany.

Anyway, watch out when buying this particular item. Great series, but misleading sale.

Kids Water Snake Squirmy Toy
Kids Water Snake Squirmy Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for one of these then this is a good one to buy, 30 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Kids Water Snake Squirmy Toy (Toy)
I bought this for some reason, then I lost it. I recently found it again and it's still in one piece and does what it's meant to do. If you're looking for one of these then this is a good one to buy.

Xenon LED Light Bulbs 36MM - 239 - 272 Number Plate Interior Light 6 LED White x 2 Pack
Offered by RedonBeach

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright, 30 Jun. 2015
Due to my own mistake I thought these would do both the boot vanity light and the main cabin light, however I was wrong and these are far too big for the main light. The boot is working very well and it is nice and bright too! I'll probably buy the same bulb for the front, just need to get the right size!

Scottish Gifts - Scottish Car Sticker - SCO - Saltire - Lion Rampant - UK Gifts
Scottish Gifts - Scottish Car Sticker - SCO - Saltire - Lion Rampant - UK Gifts
Offered by Parker and Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun. 2015
Great sticker, stays in place well and is nice and colourful!

Quixx QHRK1 Headlight Restoration Kit
Quixx QHRK1 Headlight Restoration Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 30 Jun. 2015
I don't normally believe these kinds of products actually do anything and as I don't have a drill, I had to get this manual kit. I wasn't expecting much but I really am impressed. My lights are 11 years old and had never been treated and they were in a pretty bad state. This product has really made a difference. I cannot believe how clear and polished they look, there is barely a trace of the blemishing and yellowing left, they have literally been transformed. The kit has everything you need to do two headlights and I have rinsed off the cloths to be used again so have more than enough of everything to give the lights another go in a few months, if needed. Honestly, just using the polish alone had my lights shining up nicely, but the sandpaper stage really put the cherry on top. It took about an hour to do both lights, one needed done twice as it was quite bad, but now both lights are almost new. If you're in any doubt at all then don't be, this one really does work!

Zipper Rescue Kit-Outdoor
Zipper Rescue Kit-Outdoor
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars The zip fitted my Trespass jacket perfectly and there are ..., 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Zipper Rescue Kit-Outdoor (Misc.)
The zip fitted my Trespass jacket perfectly and there are also plenty of other zips in the packet so it will last for years.

Laser 3664 Dent Puller/suction Cup
Laser 3664 Dent Puller/suction Cup

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job alright, 8 July 2012
I bought this to try and get rid of a small dent in my car door and it did the job alright. It took a few attempts but the dent is now noticably smaller. It's not gone totally, but this is probably the best result I could hope for after spending less than £4. If you have a major dent or a little bump then it probably won't lift it out, but something about twice the seize of the suction cup should come out after a few attempts.

Howard Leight Fusion Corded Earplugs, SNR 28dB - Regular
Howard Leight Fusion Corded Earplugs, SNR 28dB - Regular
Offered by Alive-sr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and comfortable, 8 July 2012
I work at an airport, so I need some very good noise defenders when I'm outside. My employer does provide some basic ear defense, but I wanted something more robust than throw away foam. I also wanted something more comfortable. I had seen several other people with these earplugs so bought some of my own. I have found them to be very effective and comfortable to wear. They are easy to clean (run under a warm tap) and the cord stops them from getting lost on the ground. These ones also come with a carry case which keeps them protected from pocket dust and stops them getting damaged when not in use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5