Profile for C. Warren > Reviews

Content by C. Warren

C. Warren "claire_warren" (Sydney, Australia)

Charlie's Angels [DVD] [2000]
Charlie's Angels [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Cameron Diaz
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of entertainment, 19 July 2004
A good mixture of glossy Hollywood action and humour make this film well worth watching. You don't need to concentrate too hard to work out what is going on and it has the predictable ending that you would expect, but nevertheless it's fun, colourful and highly highly entertaining. It is not there to make a powerful statement about society, but nevertheless it's highly polished look makes it stand out.

Car Boot Soul
Car Boot Soul
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly chilled and funky album, 13 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Car Boot Soul (Audio CD)
Everyone had been waxing lyrical (ha ha, it wasn't intended honestly!) about Nightmares on Wax and told me this album was FAB. I had to check it out for myself and they were right. Les Nuits is a fantastic opening and you think it can't get any better after that. You are wrong. Finer is great too, not saying the other tracks aren't but that's what's playing on my CD player at the moment. I could talk about all the tracks being amazing on this album but I'd be here all day. This album redefines chillout. It's funky and laidback like no other. It's an asset to my collection.

Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)
Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub)
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, Play it, Sit back and chill, 13 Oct. 2001
Groove Armada just keep coming up with the goods. Some say that it was impossible to top Vertigo, but Groove Armada have done just that. This album is fantastic. Truly laid back and chilled out. From the beginning Suntoucher makes you wish you were on a beach watching the sunset. Then the album just keeps getting more and more chilled until you don't think it's physically possible any more! I have to say that my personal favourite is My Friend. The lyrics are pure quality (although I might be a bit cheesy here). Here's a recipe for pure chillout: glass of wine, candles, lava lamp and this album. Try it out.

Sunday 8PM
Sunday 8PM
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be one of the best albums I own!, 13 Oct. 2001
This review is from: Sunday 8PM (Audio CD)
I have to say that this album clinched it for me - Faithless are just FAB! This album holds its head and shoulders above all those albums of the minute. It truly stands the test of time and is perfect to play whilst getting ready to go out. Sunday 8pm has got some great chillout tracks as well as the impressive God is a DJ to get you in the party mood! Reverence and Outrospective are also worth buying, but in my humble opinion if you want to buy just one Faithless album this is definitely the one to get.