Profile for Candid > Reviews

Content by Candid

Candid (Staffordshire, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Don't Look At  Me In That Tone Of Voice!: Adventures of a Confused Sixties Childhood
Don't Look At Me In That Tone Of Voice!: Adventures of a Confused Sixties Childhood
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars so I am not sure that I should be reviewing it as it is just possible that it got better as it went on, 19 Aug 2014
Sorry I didn't read very much of this book, so I am not sure that I should be reviewing it as it is just possible that it got better as it went on. I found what I did read a bit samie, a bit boring and as time is precious I did not want to waste any more.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 5:32 PM BST

Cross and Burn (Tony Hill Book 8)
Cross and Burn (Tony Hill Book 8)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Val McDernid does it again, 11 Aug 2014
As always good plotting and our familiar characters Hill and Jordan play a large part in this follow up to the end of MIT. I enjoyed the way the characters come together again and although it was pretty obvious that they would, McDermid did it skilfully. There have to be crazed individuals committing horrendous crimes or what else would our protagonists do? We would be pretty bored if the books were written about traffic crime or domestic burglary cases.
I do though wonder how McDermid will end this series.

Bracelet Craft Loom Bandz Board & Hook For All Loom Bands
Bracelet Craft Loom Bandz Board & Hook For All Loom Bands
Offered by MakingDay
Price: 3.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Fair copy but maybe less robust than the genuine rainbow board, 1 Aug 2014
Took a while to arrive but still within time given when ordered. Item arrived tightly packaged with bubble wrap. Unfortunately a couple of pegs had broken during transit. My grandson did not want me to send it back as he was waiting to use it and says it is okay without these pegs. I do not know how long it will last or how strong it is in use.
My granddaughter has the genuine rainbow loom band board and it is made of a heavier and probably more durable plastic than this one. It probably depends how much it will be used whether you buy the more expensive genuine article or this probably quite adequate but maybe less durable copy.

Colgate 400ml Fluorigard Alcohol Free Mouth Rinse
Colgate 400ml Fluorigard Alcohol Free Mouth Rinse
Offered by Online4Perfume
Price: 5.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant tasting and performs well, 31 July 2014
This is a great tasting mouthwash. My dentist suggested I use a non alcohol containing mouthwash to help with reducing plaque. This wash has performed well in that area and in addition I have found that by using it last thing at night I no longer wake up with a dry mouth.

UNIVERSAL BUGGY PRAM PUSHCHAIR CLIP STROLLER HOOK SHOPPING BAG CARRIER HOLDER
UNIVERSAL BUGGY PRAM PUSHCHAIR CLIP STROLLER HOOK SHOPPING BAG CARRIER HOLDER
Offered by selling the world
Price: 0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars This clip has other uses, 18 July 2014
I don't have a buggy but I do have an oxygen concentrator in a trolley which I have to trail around with me. These clips are perfect to hold the tubing which is a necessary part of the equipment and stop it trailing on the ground and makes my life much easier. Thank you.

VELCRO(R) brand STICKY BACK(R) Tape 3/4"X18"-Black
VELCRO(R) brand STICKY BACK(R) Tape 3/4"X18"-Black
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE
Price: 2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 18 July 2014
Does what it says. Nice fast delivery.

The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
The Extra Ordinary Life of Frank Derrick, Age 81
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant easy read, 18 July 2014
A nice easy read about Frank who leads a pretty humdrum yet somehow entertaining life. Nicely written and ideal to relax with, not a gripping tale but a worthwhile one. Frank is quite credible except that he somehow manages without any laundry being done. His carer steals a place in his heart which he didn't know was there. I finished this book thinking that Frank would be a nice granddad for any child missing out on one.
I tend to look for books like this to read when I have just finished one which has had me holding my breath, it is nice to have a gentler non demanding tale.

6PC 7" MINI WIRE BRUSH SET
6PC 7" MINI WIRE BRUSH SET
Offered by UK HOT BARGAINS
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 6 July 2014
They do the job I wanted them for, brushing wool and cleaning round the base of taps - not the same brush!

REQUIEM
REQUIEM
Price: 3.18

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing in the end, 6 July 2014
This review is from: REQUIEM (Kindle Edition)
Mostly a good fast read, great characters and plotting, but oh dear - that ending - its not on to leave the reader like that.
So what would have been 5 star is now sadly 2 star. I have read a few other Mclure books and none ended quite like this, I don't know if there is a follow up, if there isn't there should be.

Ami Ami Dogs 2: More Seriously Cute Crochet
Ami Ami Dogs 2: More Seriously Cute Crochet
by Mitsuki Hoshi
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars First the good bits, beautiful pictures of cute little dogs, 3 July 2014
First the good bits, beautiful pictures of cute little dogs, I couldn't wait to start. However I had not realised the instructions are as charts, which I have never used. I have had a go and I am sure I will master it in the end but I would much rather the instructions were set out row by row. The text that is present is in a very small font and quite pale, making it quite difficult to read, the charts are similarly quite pale and I think I would find them easier to follow if perhaps larger or bolder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3