Profile for Urd Yggradsil > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
ASUS U3S6, 2x USB 3.0/2x SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe x4
ASUS U3S6, 2x USB 3.0/2x SATA 6Gb/s, PCIe x4
Offered by Nord PC GmbH & Co. KG

1.0 out of 5 stars I've run out of SATA ports on the ASUS motherboard ..., 22 Aug. 2014
I've run out of SATA ports on the ASUS motherboard - used all 6 of them. I decided to get this as my kit is almost all ASUS - what a mistake. This unit wasn't even visible on the motherboard and I couldn't get it to work. I'll try it on another motherboard but this doesn't work with a modern P8

Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars 1TB of SSD Magic :), 22 Aug. 2014
1TB of SSD on 6Gbps port! - Excellent, fast and loads of room!

StarTech.com 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express SATA Controller Card
StarTech.com 2 Port SATA 6 Gbps PCI Express SATA Controller Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, easy to get working..., 22 Aug. 2014
I needed more 6Gbps ports on my ASUS P8 motherboard. I downloaded the drivers and software from the Startech site and installed the unit. It worked without issue and the software allowed me to quickly and easily create a RAID0 SSD disk in seconds.

I haven't yet tested the speed yet but the product is up and working - much better than the ASUS U3S6 unit which my P8 didn't even see!

Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for XF1 Camera - Red
Fujifilm Premium Leather Case for XF1 Camera - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for the camera, 6 Dec. 2013
The case fits perfectly around the camera and protects it. There is a cut-out on one side to allow the strap out and this leaves part of the dial showing - no issue. The camera slips in and out of the case easily and the magnetic lock hold it secure. Overall the case is well made and feels expensive.

Worth the money.

Thermal Pad Self Adhesive 30 x 30 xx2.5mm for Xbox PS3 and PC repairs
Thermal Pad Self Adhesive 30 x 30 xx2.5mm for Xbox PS3 and PC repairs

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit expensive but works..., 6 Dec. 2013
I have to fix my nephew's YLOD PS3. When I took it apart I found that, as part of the repair, I had to replace some of the thermal pads. The pad was cut down into the correct sizes and worked fine. The PS3 is still running, without issue, after 3 months.

Expensive but it works.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 11:18 PM BST

Matrox DualHead2Go Mac Edition Dual Digital Display Support Adapter
Matrox DualHead2Go Mac Edition Dual Digital Display Support Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-wide screen..., 21 Nov. 2013
The Matrox DualHead2Go is being used on a MacBook Pro (2007) with a HP and an ASUS monitor.

The device binds the two monitors together so that the MacBookPro thinks it has a 3840x1080 display (made up of two 1920x1080 monitors). If you are after a normal landscape-dual head layout then this works perfectly. Because of the way this unit works, I haven't been able to get on screen running in landscape and the other in portrait mode. Other than this single issue, I haven't found any other problems with it and it is a fantastic addition to my old MacBookPro.

Panasonic Lumix G5 Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 21 Nov. 2013
Bought this to replace my old canon 20D DSLR, which I had stopped using because of its bulk. This is small, powerful and produces lovely shots. We'll worth the money.

Despicable Me: Minion Rush
Despicable Me: Minion Rush

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad game, too much micro-payment nagging, 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Despicable Me: Minion Rush (App)
The game isn't bad but it's spoilt by the over-pushing of micro-payments (buy this extra feature for £x.xx)

Personally i would have preferred to pay for the app and not have the nagging rather than it being free but being constantly pestered for paid-for extra features or upgrades.

Draper 30309 Soldering Mat (Asbestos Free)
Draper 30309 Soldering Mat (Asbestos Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 25 Oct. 2013
Not much to say about it, it's a woven heat resistant mat that works well when either soldering or SMD reworking.

The Gabble - And Other Stories (Polity)
The Gabble - And Other Stories (Polity)

5.0 out of 5 stars I've found a new author to follow..., 25 Oct. 2013
I've never read anything of Neal Asher before so bought this book on spec - it was cheap in the kindle store... His writing is clear and pulls you through and well rounded universe at an enjoyable pace.

The book is a collection of short stories that have now left me wanting more of the Polity universe and to find out more about the Gabble-duck...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3