Profile for Julian Cowan > Reviews

Content by Julian Cowan

Julian Cowan

Avery Replacement Ink Roller for Mk II Labelling Machine Black Ref HLIR5 [Pack of 5]
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Ink Roller works, 1 May 2013
It works, does the job, yes its got ink. Its Ok You know it allows you to print price stickers. Thats it folks. As long as you buy it for the right gun its fine.

Eurovision Song Contest - Baku 2012
Eurovision Song Contest - Baku 2012
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 8.05

2.0 out of 5 stars Please it was for a present, 1 May 2013
Not for me although I did thing the scary Albanian song has something above the rest of the MUZAK. However this was purchased for a present and not for my own torture.

Munich  [DVD]
Munich [DVD]
Dvd ~ Geoffrey Rush
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing More gripping than True Stories, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Munich [DVD] (DVD)
No fakery here this was a real account of a terrible terrorist attack and the attempt to bring those responsible to justice. No Bruce Willis fakery here. This is for real and there is no hero ending like in a story.

Blackadder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition [DVD] [1982]
Blackadder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Price: 15.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Rowans Average, 1 May 2013
I know lthis series had a big following but I dont find it as funny as some of his other stuff. You either like it or not. I found myself chatting and surfing the net while watching this one. I will give it another try but its not up there with the likes of Thin Blue Line and Yes Minister series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 11:25 AM BST

The Dictator (DVD + Digital Copy)
The Dictator (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
Offered by YouWantIt-WeGotIt
Price: 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Of Sacha, 1 May 2013
The Dictator did not get good reviews from the critics but I found it very funny and had some real truths between the lines. In my opinion it beats the Borat films. It was funny and had a story line which supported this type of humour. Dont pe judge the film by its title. Its not just taking a pot shot at the obvious but just about everyone in the political spectrum. Great Film, saw it in Cinema and thats why I wanted a copy so I could have a good laugh now and again.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Offered by HAPPY'S HOUSE

2.0 out of 5 stars Prohibition not Protection, 1 May 2013
This product is too inflated in my opinion. While it works OK its default position is PROHIBITION rather than PROTECTION. It closes network connections even on Private networks making network drives unavailable without telling you WHY! Emailing support got no reply in a week and I had to call the support which is charged through higher call rate numbers. The product fails to complete scans on many occasions without any bad reoprting. A harmless utility that it does not like but deemed OK caused it to fail to scan anything until that utility was removed even though it was safe. The program is quite dumb, it wants to control everything but unlike my last AV it does not understand any basics about your setting or configuration. I wont renew. Kaspersky need to imrove many things and its quirky behaviour makes me think its vulnerable. It also takes a lot of power from the CPU. It also does not respond quickly when trying to open the console. The user is boss and any software that does not jump to it when you click is poorly understanding its relationship to the user. This is one of those. Even if you DISABLE it you dont get more power back you get it sneakily scanning in the background throwing up messages that are too quick to read usually saying you have 6 seconds otherwise its going to terminate all network connections. When I say disable I expect the machine to obey because I have a reason or urgency. This one is not for me. I had The Sheild Delux for 4 years and it was much better and smarter than this.