Profile for J Lagden > Reviews

Navy Size 18 Sherwood Ragley Ladies Full Length 100% Waterproof Coat
Navy Size 18 Sherwood Ragley Ladies Full Length 100% Waterproof Coat
Offered by OAKFIELD DIRECT - European Delivery Available

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 30 Jun 2014
Having decided to buy a good quality rain coat and having looked at all the major high street stores and found that the cost of a similar coat was in the region of 100. I was delighted when I received this one, it was just as described and excellent value for money. I forgot to check the length and I am quite small at 5'3'' but although the coat is quite long on me it is not too long.

Universal 1A Shaver Adapter - UK Mains Plug (3 pin) to 2 Pin Socket Adapter ~ Shaver ~ Toothbrush ~ Charger ~ Travel ~ Fused 1 AMP
Offered by Online On-Drive
Price: 1.13

1.0 out of 5 stars universal shaver adapter, 30 May 2014
This adapter was not suitable for the Remington shaver I bought it for although it will work with y of Phillips shaved so all is not lost

The October List
The October List
Price: 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars So Different!, 12 April 2014
This review is from: The October List (Kindle Edition)
I read the reviews of this book before I bought it and was not sure how it would work, but it did. As I read I felt that I was approaching the story as an investigator would do by unearthing the story as I went along. I was not able to second guess the plot although I did pick up some of the clues. I found myself reading until the early hours to finish the book and then re read the 'first' chapters to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I can see this book making a good film in this format.

Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Price: 5.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler alert, 4 April 2014
I had looked forward to the next book in the Clifton Series and read it eagerly awaiting the final ending, only to find that again this ended on a cliff hanger meaning that I must wait for the next book. I feel that this is slightly dishonest forcing another sale on Mr Archer's loyal readers, maybe it is clear on the book preview that there are more books to come but I do feel that each one should stand alone. As I am over 80 now, perhaps I shall never know!! although it is not hard to guess at a probable ending.

Gently Does It (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Gently Does It (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Price: 0.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Duplicated episode, 3 Mar 2014
I read the George Gently collection 1 first and quite enjoyed it although I found it rather slow going so I was looking forward to reading Gently Does it only to find that this was the first book in the previous collection. It was not clear from the cover that this was a duplicate book and I should have enlarged the cover so that I could see the details. Usually Amazon notifies me is I accidentally order a book which I have already received. I shall have to be more careful in future

The Second Deadly Sin (Rebecka Martinsson 5)
The Second Deadly Sin (Rebecka Martinsson 5)
Price: 4.89

4.0 out of 5 stars The Second Deadly Sin, 15 Feb 2014
This is the second book I have read from this author and a enjoyed it more. I have got into recognizing the Scandinavian names and appreciating the description of the countryside in the story. I found the story fast paced and I read well into the night to finish the book although I knew ' who doneit' I needed to know how Rebekka and Marcus had escaped. The inter relationship with the dogs was very well written and although I am not a dog lover I would have gladly given any of the dogs a home. The love interest is gently done and I look forward to seeing what transpires in future books. The second story woven into the main story of the ancestors was not distracting as it so often is. On the whole a very good read and I can see this making another television series to rival the Killing and the Bridge!

Last Man to Die
Last Man to Die
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The last Man to Die, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Last Man to Die (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, I was enthralled by the theme of the book and did not guess the outcome although it was flagged up by the prologue. Enough of the plot was believable and was quite thought provoking having lived through this era. I shall certainly read more of Lord Dobbs' books

Belinda Goes to Bath
Belinda Goes to Bath
Price: 4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars A very lightweight book, 1 Dec 2013
Having read and enjoyed the Agatha Raisin series I was very disappointed with this book. I chose to read it knowing and loving the city of Bath, but this was a very lightweight book in all senses of the word.
There was very little story content and apart from some interesting paragraphs on the problems faced by stage coach travellers there was nothing to keep my interest alive.

Knit Your Own Zoo (Best in Show)
Knit Your Own Zoo (Best in Show)
by Sally Muir
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Knit your own Zoo, 28 Nov 2013
The book arrived very promptly and I have already knitted the elephant and panda which were very enthusiastically received by the recipients. Although I would consider myself an accomplished knitter I have found the Americanized instructions a little unusual, 'bind off for cast off' and I have found the meercat tricky but I will have another go. As stated in the book these are not toys and the fillings, pipe cleaners and lentils to stiffen out the stuffings mean that they are probably not washable.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Officer and a Spy, 1 Nov 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I remember studying this event during my 'school certificate' years but had no idea of all the ramifications behind the Dreyfuss case. It was well written as all Robert Harris' books are and covered the facts in a way which brought history to life.

Page: 1 | 2