Profile for Hampton Caught > Reviews

Content by Hampton Caught

Hampton Caught (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Roman Women's Lace Detail Bodycon Dress Royal Blue
Roman Women's Lace Detail Bodycon Dress Royal Blue
Offered by Roman Originals

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - all is not as it seems, 27 Feb. 2015
For anyone contemplating buying this dress, think twice - this is a complete con trick. The pictures of the dress on Amazon clearly show a very attractive blonde model wearing the dress and given the extortionate price, I was fully expecting that the girl would be included. Imagine my disappointment when a flat package arrived containing only the dress. For a couple of days, I assumed that the model would arrive under separate cover, but she never turned up. There appears to be no 'small print' anywhere on the page to inform me that the price shown is for the dress only and the matter is now in the hands of my solicitor.

Mens Evening / Uniform / Oxford shoes Black Patent size 9
Mens Evening / Uniform / Oxford shoes Black Patent size 9
Offered by The Slippers Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain - patently, 3 Nov. 2014
Having recently bought myself a dinner suit (I stumbled across a bargain that equated to less than the cost of hiring one), the only missing part of the jigsaw was the black patent shoes. On receiving an invitation to a black tie wedding, the time had come to address the footwear issue. I probably wear a dinner suit no more than once a year, so on that basis, didn't really want to spend a fortune on shoes that are likely to spend 364 days a year in a dark cupboard.

When I found these on Amazon, I was struck firstly by the price which seemed incredibly low for a pair of shoes, but secondly by the number of highly positive reviews. I ordered the shoes on the basis that I could always send them back if the size was wrong or if I was unhappy with the quality.

When I first took them out of the box, I was immediately impressed with the look and feel of the shoes. They appeared to be very solid and well made and the patent finish was immaculate. Pretty much every pair of shoes I own are a UK size 9 which is what I'd ordered and I was delighted to find that these were a perfect fit - plenty of room for the toes and not too narrow. I wore them around the house for a couple of evenings to wear them in and at times forgot I actually had shoes on as opposed to slippers. They were extremely comfortable and supple with plenty of 'give'. I felt a very slight rubbing on the back of one heel, so on the day of the wedding, put a plaster on just as a precaution.

I had the shoes on for around nine hours at the wedding and experienced absolutely no discomfort whatsoever. In fact, I became quite attached to my new shoes over the course of the day. Not only did they look the part, but they felt very light (perfect for the dance floor!) yet very well made.

When I got home, I put each one into its own drawstring cloth bag, supplied with the shoes, that will protect the patent finish from any scratches or blemishes.

Other reviewers have mentioned the smell, which does hit you instantly the moment you take them out of the box. It's hard to describe, but it's a not unpleasant sweet 'plasticine/rubber/bubblegum' aroma. I didn't notice the smell once on the day of the wedding, but on the basis that a female friend of mine bought a pair of Vivienne Westwood shoes that were purposely bubblegum scented, I'm viewing this feature as yet another attraction. Believe me, she paid an awful lot more for her shoes than I did for mine.

So, in summary, they look the part, the fit is perfect, they're extremely comfortable and they smell great. Add in the price point, and I could not give these shoes anything less than five stars. If like me, you only have an occasional need to wear a dinner suit and are looking for a pair of black patent shoes to complete the outfit, then I would highly recommend these.

Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (100 ml)
Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (100 ml)
Offered by The Original Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Cream of the crop, 18 Jun. 2014
Having been DE shaving for a few months now, I've been looking around for a post-shave moisturiser. Something that wouldn't leave a greasy residue, but that would leave my skin feeling softer after shaving and help to alleviate any razor burn.

I hadn't used Proraso products before but the number of highly positive reviews had always caught my eye and although this product is sold as a pre- and post-shave cream, I bought it solely as a post-shave product as I personally don't see the need for anything pre-shave, other than plenty of hot water and a good shaving soap or cream.

After shaving, I always use an alum block - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPMMX96/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse off and apply the Proraso Pre- and Post-Shave Cream.

The first thing that strikes you is the very strong menthol (Eucalyptus) smell. It's certainly not unpleasant, but it is very strong. However, as the cream dries into the skin, so the smell recedes until you are left with a very faint menthol fragrance, which is fresh and leaves the skin feeling very clean.

The cream is not at all greasy, but if you apply it in the morning after shaving you will still be aware of it in the evening. It forms a 'barrier' which you can feel when you run your hand over your face. It's not visible, but leaves the skin feeling soft and very smooth.

I'm a fairly careful DE shaver and tend to take my time at the sink, but even so, I still suffer razor burn at times - even using the alum block. However, I can honestly say that since starting with the Proraso Shave Cream, I have not experienced razor burn of any kind. That cannot be coincidence - the cream clearly does a great job of moisturising, but also cooling, the skin.

The other thing to say, is that you only need a very small amount after a shave, so while the 100ml pot may look a little expensive, rest assured this will last you ages.

I wanted a post-shave cream that would moisturise and cool the skin, eliminate razor burn, not leave a greasy residue, smell fresh and protect my skin over the course of the day. In Proraso Pre- and Post-Shave Cream, I've found exactly that - and I absolutely wouldn't be without it.

The Take Off And Landing Of Everything
The Take Off And Landing Of Everything

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come to those who wait..., 14 Mar. 2014
Although I downloaded this from Amazon on the day of release, I was determined to bide my time in terms of posting a review, as I believe good music takes its own time to seep into your consciousness and reveal its true identity. One week on, I can tell you that The Take Off And Landing Of Everything has arms. They slowly but surely wrap themselves around you, caressing at first but becoming more and more of an embrace until you are enveloped in a thing of real beauty and warmth. I absolutely love the album this week, and I fully expect to love it even more next.

As an Elbow fan of some years (I bought Cast Of Thousands on its release), I have marvelled at the consistency and fortitude of the band, who have been together in the same form for over twenty years. Their well-deserved breakthrough came with The Seldom Seen Kid, Mercury Prize winner and sublime album of huge depth and artistic merit. I would place it in my top five albums of all time, but was less enchanted with Build A Rocket Boys! (never forget the exclamation mark!). 'One Day Like This' opened huge doors for Elbow, becoming a festival favourite, played to death on TV documentaries and sports programmes and I felt at times with Build A Rocket Boys! that the band were trying just a bit too hard to find another replacement anthem, rather than following their own creative path. Despite wonderful tracks such as The Birds, Lippy Kids, The Night Will Always Win and Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl, the album lacked consistency for me and I worried that Elbow had been caught up on the conveyor belt of commercial success like so many bands before them.

The Take Off And Landing Of Everything has totally removed any fears I may have had and at times even sounds like a return to some of the electronic, rhythmic patterns found on Asleep In The Back, albeit with a maturity and confidence that only time can bring. The album's opener 'This Blue World' may come as a surprise to many Elbow fans who have come to expect a powerful, driving opener (Any Day Now, Station Approach, Starlings, The Birds). This Blue World is much more restrained, but grows on you with each listen and the chorus has a nice hook that you'll find yourself humming all day. Apart from anything else, it's impossible not to love a song that contains the line 'When all the world is sucking on its sleeve'.

Charge is more in keeping with a traditional Elbow album opener, with a great melody laden over bass, drums and organ while Guy Garvey holds it all together with the usual powerful vocal - "I am the diehard with an empty dancecard propping up a young bar, I'm pouring oil in double time upon the troubled rising tide inside of me". The strings of the Hallé Orchestra that come in halfway through the track are totally unexpected and take the track to a new level. Oh, and don't forget to try the beer, either.

Fly Boy Blue / Lunette is two songs in one. Fly Boy Blue has Guy's muted vocals over Pete Turner's bass and interludes of guitar and horns "Someone's dancing on the box, a former MP and no one's watching". The track slows down and is then picked up with a rhythmic bass line that takes us into Lunette, a beautiful song that could only have come from Elbow, that tells of the vices of life - smoking and drinking and the effects they can have on a man in the autumn of his life. Towards the end of the song, Guy focuses briefly on the less harmful things that really matter in life "But there isn't words yet for the comfort I get, from the gentle lunette at the top, of the nape, of the neck, that I wake to". It's so personal and intimate that you almost feel like a guilty voyeur listening to it, but it's beautiful, absolutely beautiful and one of the album's highlights.

New York Morning is the first single from the album and is easily the most commercial sounding song in the collection. It's by no means my favourite track, but as with all Elbow songs, there is always much to commend, not least the lyrics "And oh my giddy aunt New York can talk, it's the modern Rome and folk are nice to Yoko". Real Life (Angel) is another slow burner, but reveals itself with each listen and Honey Sun could have been lifted straight off Asleep In The Back, with Guy very close to the microphone "I know a place where angels lace the lemonade, and I cannot stay where all the broken plans were made".

My Sad Captains is yet another song that may pass you by the first couple of times you listen to it, but is undoubtedly one of the album's real highlights. A beautiful melody and Guy's haunting vocal backed by soaring trumpets "Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind, and if it's so we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time". Colour Fields has a lovely 'spacy' feel to it, with Mark Potter's jangly guitar picking out around Guy's subdued vocal "Bright girl, dead town, open mouths for miles around, I still see you keeping those dough boys guessing".

The album's title track has a slight feel of psychedelica about it and reminds me slightly of Radiohead's Let Down from OK Computer. Guy's vocal, above driving guitar, is not so much to the fore as on other tracks and the song culminates in a multi-layered chorus "In a prayer to the take off and landing of everything good". The album finishes with The Blanket Of Night, a slow-moving number with another beautiful melody as Guy laments "The danger, that life should lead us here, my angel, could I have steered us clear".

So there we have it. The latest album from one of the most creative, consistent bands around. No anthems, just a collection of beautiful, melancholy songs that reveal new dimensions each time you listen. That the album is more laid-back than its predecessors, may well be down to the fact that Guy Garvey's 10-year relationship with his partner ended during the making of it. Guy puts his heart and soul into every song he writes and you can feel the pain and despair in some of the lyrics here. But that's what creativity is really about - putting down life experiences using pen, paintbrush, or in this case, music, to reveal your inner thoughts to the world. As a consequence, there are moments of real beauty here and I'd suggest that anyone listening to the album does so with the lyric sheet (provided with the CD) in front of them, which will add another dimension to the experience.

Special mention should also go to Craig Potter, who produced and mixed the album at Blueprint Studios, in Salford. The production is absolutely spot on. Never overly-polished, but every instrument is clearly audible and I honestly don't believe that Guy's wonderful voice has ever sounded better on any recording. The voice is exactly where it should be - upfront where it can weave and soar above the instrumentation, but with the slight rasp and gravel-like quality that keeps it real.

In truth, I would have given this four and a half stars if I had the option, as there are a couple of tracks that meander very slightly for me, but I just don't have it in me to give it four. On the face of it, it's just so much better than much of the music that's churned out these days and is yet another fine, thoughtful, polished piece of work from one of the best bands around. They haven't sold out, they're still very much here, and they're still making outstanding music that will stand the test of time. Wonderful.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 9:41 PM BST

Clearzine (2 Bottles) - The Top Rated Acne Treatment Pill. Eliminates Acne, Blackheads, Redness, Blotchiness and Zits - 60 capsules each
Offered by Best Health Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely sceptical about this product, 24 Feb. 2014
My daughter suffers from bad facial acne (just as I did when I was younger) and I'm doing all I can to help her. Impressed by the reviews for these Clearzine tablets, I ordered two bottles for her and she began taking them on a daily basis.

One thing that caught my attention on opening the package, was the note that dropped out offering two free bottles of the product for 'sharing your experience with us'. This process had to be started by sending a message through the 'Contact Seller' link from the Amazon account. I didn't send this message as I refused to be swayed by the offer of two free bottles until I'd been able to properly assess the product, so I can't comment on what is received back, though the whole thing starts to ring alarm bells considering the number of highly positive reviews for this product on Amazon.

This is clearly not a cheap product, but I'm willing to try anything for my daughter if it offers her some relief, so we agreed to review things month by month. All I can say is that she's now stopped taking them and felt that if anything, they were aggravating the condition.

If this product has made a real difference to people's acne as stated in many of the reviews, then I'm genuinely pleased. It may just be the case that things that work for some people don't work for others. My view of Clearzine may have been clouded by the 'Two free bottles' offer (given the price of the product, that's actually quite a lot to give away, unless as I mentioned earlier, it's this that's contributing to so many positive reviews), but it absolutely didn't work for my daughter.

If you're happy to part with your money, I sincerely hope it works for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 2:19 AM BST

Osma Bloc - Alum Block (Soothes Shaving Irritation) With Clear Perspex Case 100g
Offered by Marmaduke The Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Stemming the flow, 7 Feb. 2014
I'm fast finding that DE shaving is becoming a bit like a new hobby. You buy the latest camera, then a case, then filters, lenses and cleaning materials. Then you need a bigger case to hold all of the stuff you've just bought.

I have been DE shaving for a month, using the Edwin Jagger De89bl razor and have been delighted with the overall experience. I have, however, nicked myself a couple of times and have then found it difficult to stem the blood flow, relying on large quantities of petroleum jelly which usually ends up on my towel, the mirror and my clothes.

Someone mentioned Alum blocks (a naturally occurring mineral) and I picked this one from Amazon primarily because of the perspex case which makes it useful for travelling, but also because of the glut of five star reviews.

I used it for the first time last night, having nicked myself twice. I rinsed the shaving cream off my face with warm water (I felt it would be best to keep the pores open at this stage) and then held the block under the cold tap before applying it to my skin. Cue a sharp intake of breath as the stinging sensation hit me - more strongly over the cuts, but also on other areas that had obviously suffered slight razor burn. The stinging only lasted a few seconds, but to my amazement, the blood flow had stopped. Completely stopped. I was left with a slight tingling sensation all over the face which left my skin feeling very clean and refreshed.

I left the alum on my face for a while before washing off with cold water and applying some moisturiser. The block itself, which feels very solid, doesn't seem to soak up any water (at least, not on first use), so I left it out to dry for an hour or so and then put it away in its little box. Although the price seemed fairly high, I can already see that as long as I look after it, the block will probably last me a number of years.

After just one use, this is already an essential part of my shaving regime and I loved the way it made my skin feel immediately after applying. Please don't be put off by my references to the stinging - I'd liken it to a nettle sting, though it only lasts a couple of seconds before reducing to a very pleasant 'tingle'. Had I rinsed the shaving cream off my face with cold water (to close the pores) and then applied the alum, there may have been less of a sting, but I'll have to experiment with this. Whenever my Mum used to give me medicine that was unpleasant or ointment that stung, she would say "That shows it's working" and maybe that's always stuck with me, as I liked the sensation on my skin. This morning - ten hours after shaving - there is absolutely no razor burn to be found anywhere and the cuts are barely visible.

One thing that cannot be disputed, is this product's ability to immediately stem any blood flow from shaving cuts. Watching it in action in the shaving mirror last night, was almost like magic and while I half expected the cuts to start bleeding again shortly afterwards, they never did.

A great addition to any DE shaving kit and for most, probably an essential item (it's either this or a styptic pencil). Just one word of warning - keep it away from the lips when applying, as the unpleasant taste is definitely the sting in the tail. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What was once a chore, is now a pleasure, 3 Jan. 2014
I don't consider myself to be particularly tight with money by any means, but in recent years I have become increasingly irritated at the price of 'cartridge' razor blades manufactured by the leading brands. I won't name them - we all know who they are, but one year the blades will have three cutting edges, the next year four, and I believe we may now be up to five, with lubricating strips and even 'oscillation' if you really want it, though I've absolutely no idea why anyone would need five blades (or indeed, oscillation) in order to achieve a clean, close shave.

For me, these blades are now right up there with ink jet cartridges, spectacles and greetings cards as one of this country's great rip offs. Made for pennies, sold for whatever the customer will stand. Well I've decided to stand it no more.

So, rather than pay around £15 for four blades, I began to look for alternatives. It was at this point that I stumbled (stubbled?) across Double Edge (DE) razors, badger brushes and tubs of shaving cream and soap. In short, exactly the tools I remember my Father using to shave. Most of the reviews were highly positive - not only for the products on offer, but for the overall shaving experience.

I settled on the Edwin Jagger De89bl, as I didn't want to skimp on something that I planned to use for many years, and was hugely impressed with the number of five star reviews on Amazon. To complete my set, I also ordered a badger hair brush and some Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream - also from Amazon.

The razor is a thing of real beauty. Gleaming chrome, slightly smaller than I'd imagined, but with a highly pleasing weight. It comes with a pack of five Derby blades, so I unscrewed the razor, slipped the new blade into place and looked forward to the first 'DE shave' of my life. The process of changing a blade takes only seconds.

Even though the razor is clearly state-of-the-art and manufactured to the highest standards, the whole process still feels very traditional. It's fair to say that the shave takes a bit longer than using a cartridge-based razor, but I would say only by three or four minutes. Working the lavender shaving soap into my beard with the badger brush was an absolute pleasure, not least because of the wonderful smell from the soap (having used aerosols for years, I now realise just how artificial they smell).

So, here we are. The moment of truth. I have fairly sensitive skin, so my one real concern was whether I would come out of this looking like an extra from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but I needn't have worried. The De89bl glided over my face like Jane Torvill on ice. I took my time, using short strokes and very little pressure and there was absolutely no razor burn. One major difference between a DE razor and the cartridge system razors, is that the DE has a fixed head, so doesn't automatically flex when you run it under your jaw or chin. This is simply a matter of technique and requires you to angle the DE razor accordingly. Like anything else, you soon pick it up and working back against the grain is also no problem. A wonderfully clean shave leaving my skin smelling faintly of lavender using blades that really do cost pennies. Obviously, there's the initial cost of the razor and accessories, but the Edwin Jagger De89bl is so beautifully made, that I have no doubt it will last me many years to come and that my money will be recouped in no time.

It's funny how the relatively small things in life can make you feel happy and my purchase has done exactly that. I actually find myself looking forward to my next shave - not something I can honestly say I've ever done in the past. Call me old-fashioned if you want, but I believe I've found the way forward. Go on, treat yourself.

Trigger Point Performance Grid 1.0 Foam Roller - Black
Trigger Point Performance Grid 1.0 Foam Roller - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the future, 13 Nov. 2013
Just a few short years ago, the first port of call for any medical problem would be your Doctor, with perhaps a glance into a medical encyclopaedia first. These days, before seeking professional help, it's common practice to try some 'self-help' first and trawl the internet to see how other people have tackled the same problem and if you've been missing anything in terms of medication or exercise techniques.

I suffered a trapped nerve in my neck around six months ago and went first to the Doctor who prescribed an anti-depressant (I'm not depressed, but they apparently relax the nerves). When that failed, I started with a private chiropractor. He detected some issues with my spine and over a period of some weeks, pushed and prodded me back into shape. The trapped nerve, however, persisted. I eventually wound up with an NHS physiotherapist and some weeks later, was given the all clear.

Two weeks ago, the exact same thing recurred. The pain at night is intense, so I searched the internet to try and find something that might help relieve the problem. That's when I found the Trigger Point Grid Foam Roller at Amazon. The price struck me as fairly high, but the reviews were so positive and I was so desperate for help, that I was willing to try anything if I thought it might offer me some relief. When I first opened the package, I will admit to being slightly underwhelmed. The product is basically a rigid plastic cylinder, wrapped in a foam grid and my initial reaction was that £35 seemed a lot of money for such a simple looking product. Not that it's unattractive - the product is all in black with the inside of the plastic tube coloured bright green. The foam outer is in the form of a grid, with raised areas and channels running between them. It is apparently the channels that allow more blood flow when exercising and thus speed up any recovery.

The first time I used it, I concentrated on the back and neck. I simply put the roller on the floor, laid on top of it and then rolled it underneath me, up and down my spine. The roller is very firm and at times, could actually be described as slightly painful, but the interesting thing was that I could feel and hear vertebrae 'clicking' back into place, which is exactly what any chiropractor would do. When I'd finished, my back was tingling all over, as if I'd had a really good massage. It was at this point that I knew I'd made the right purchase. At £35, the cost is exactly the same as a 15 minute session with my chiropractor and when viewed in that light, the price suddenly starts to look much more reasonable. I'm not suggesting for one minute that this product should replace sound medical advice, but in terms of self-help, I think it's outstanding.

I'm now using the roller every couple of days and although my trapped nerve hasn't quite disappeared, it is much better. My spine also feels much stronger and as someone who has suffered back pain in the past, I'm in no doubt that used regularly, this will help to keep my back in good order. I've also been using it on my shoulders, by lying on it slightly to one side and working the areas in the same way as the back, and also as a warm down after playing squash, by running my calves and thighs over the roller which definitely reduces stiffness the following day.

You don't need to be an athlete to use the Trigger Point Grid Foam Roller, but you do need some core strength to raise your body off the floor with the roller underneath your back and to then use your legs to power your body up and down the roller. Before buying, I'd suggest watching the YouTube videos that are available to determine that it's going to be suitable for you.

I'm hugely impressed with the Trigger Point Grid Foam Roller. It's one of those products that just does what it claims to do and also one you can't truly appreciate until you've tried it for a period of time. It feels extremely well made and I would expect it to last me for a number of years. Even with my full body weight on the roller, it feels incredibly strong and secure. I'm just so glad I found it. My chiropractor may feel differently.

Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Blephasol 100ml Sensitive Eyelids Eye Lotion
Offered by FirstForContactLenses

5.0 out of 5 stars Blephasol, my story…, 20 Feb. 2013
Before I begin extolling the virtues of Blephasol, let me put some flesh on the bones of my last five years, which may help to illustrate the effect the product has had on my life.

Around five years ago, my right eye suddenly became very red. There was no pain or real discomfort, but the whole eye was blood red and certainly looked worse then it felt. After a few weeks, I made an appointment with the Doctor, who referred me to the eye clinic at my local hospital. Over the course of the next 18 months or so, I saw three different consultants, who diagnosed three different conditions. The first said it was Episcleritis, the second that it was Blepharitis and the third that it was simply an allergy, though showed no real appetite for determining what the allergy might be.

During this period, I was prescribed endless courses of tablets, eye drops and gels as well as being given advice on cleanliness relating to the eyes. None of the drops made any difference until I was prescribed steroid drops. Within 10 minutes, the redness had receded. I continued cleaning the eyes morning and night with a couple of drops of baby shampoo in hot water, but felt that the problem had gone and that the steroids had solved the condition. That was until my left eye became very red and I went through the whole cycle of events again - starting with the Doctor, through to different consultants at the hospital. There is an understandable reluctance to prescribe steroid drops for the eyes, as prolonged use can lead to cataracts in later life, so I was once again prescribed a variety of drops and gels in the hope that something might make a difference. At every hospital appointment, my eyes were checked thoroughly and I was told that they were perfectly healthy. The only real relief I got was when one of the Hospital consultants recommended a MGDRx Eye Bag. I got one from a local optician and used it morning and night (it goes into the microwave for 30 seconds and you then lie with it over your eyes for 10 minutes). This draws out a lot of the excess oil from the eyes that can cause Blepharitis and after washing away the oil, my eyes always felt better, although the redness persisted. I've since found out that the eye bag is also available on Amazon and I'd highly recommend it.

After a couple of years of appointments, with both eyes being affected intermittently (though strangely enough, never at the same time), I got to a point where the redness in the eyes was reduced, and was sent packing by the hospital. I knew the condition, whatever it was, was still there because I could feel it, but the eye did look better. I also felt I had exhausted everything the eye clinic could do for me and that this might just be something I would have to live with. I continued with the cleaning routine, but not with any drops or medication of any kind.

Over the next few months, I would get redness in the eyes and also itching and occasional discomfort (at times it felt as if I had something in my eye, when I clearly didn't), but honestly felt I was wasting my time trying again with either the Doctor or the hospital. Then, one lunchtime at work, I did an internet search on Episcleritis and Blepharitis just in case I'd missed something. I had. A product called Blephasol that was sold by Amazon and that seemed to be surrounded by five star reviews. I would try anything if it helped my condition, so I ordered 100ml of the lotion telling myself that I shouldn't get my hopes up and that in all likeliness, it would make no real difference to my problem.

I've been using Blephasol for two months now and the improvement has been remarkable. I clean morning and night with the lotion on cotton pads (one for each eye), rubbing in a circular motion and pulling the bottom lid down to clean underneath the lid - this is important and clearly makes a difference. I could see an improvement after just a few days of using Blephasol, but two months on, the redness has all but disappeared and the eyes feel much more comfortable. I have since ordered another three bottles of Blephasol and although I guess the condition could return at any stage, I honestly feel that as long as I'm using this product, it will remain stable. My delight at discovering Blephasol is mixed with frustration at having spent years trying endless NHS-prescribed products that achieved precisely nothing. I have absolutely no idea why the NHS are not using Blephasol to treat conditions like Blepharitis and even Episcleritis.

Blephasol has changed my life for the better and there are not too many impulse purchases you can say that for. I only hope that there are other sufferers out there who might come across the reviews on here and find the relief that I have. My only regret in writing this review, is that I cannot give the product more than five stars.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 6:22 PM BST

PowerBee ® Endurance Deluxe Solar Fairy Lights 120 WHITE Quality Superbright LED's Multi Function Indoor / Outdoor Garden, Party, Tree Lights for ALL YEAR round use including winter (White, 1 strand of 11.9 meters)
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so very good, 10 Dec. 2012
Since a garage conversion in the house, it's been very difficult to run an electric cable from the house to the tree outside, which I used to light up at Christmas. So when I saw these lights and noticed that they were suitable for outdoor use, I thought these could be the answer. I've always been slightly sceptical about solar products, but the positive reviews on Amazon, persuaded me to give it a go.

As the instructions suggest, I started by giving the batteries an 8 hour charge. This simply means switching the unit on and putting it somewhere bright where it can soak up the natural daylight. Saturday was a clear day, so I placed it on top of the conservatory roof, where I knew it would get maximum light all day.

On the Sunday afternoon, I put the lights onto the tree, securing the solar panel to a high branch with garden flexi-tie (you could just as easily use cable ties), making sure it was pointing upwards and roughly at the point where the sun would be at midday. The product comes with a plastic tube that fits onto the panel for pushing into the soil, so I attached this and wound the tie around the tube, making sure that there a was a clear path between the panel and the open sky. It all worked perfectly.

I switched the unit on at 5.00pm and put it on the auto setting, where it runs through a cycle of flashes, waves and twinkles. Being LEDs, the lights are a very nice bright white and I was amazed at the strength of the output - I usually associate solar lighting with garden lights that always seem to look weak and barely visible. Maybe it's just a case of the technology moving on.

So, switched on at 5.00pm, how long would they stay lit? I reckoned in 2 or 3 hours, they'd either have stopped working altogether, or be emitting as much energy as a glow worm. I went to bed at 11.30pm and they were still as bright as they had been at 5.00pm and still running through the auto cycle of effects. Imagine my surprise, when I woke just before 5.00am and out of curiosity got up to take a look out of the front window. Still flashing away and still at the same brightness. 12 hours of continuous use!

Now it's mid-morning on Monday and I have a smug look on my face as I look out at clear blue skies and lovely wintery sun and think of my little solar panel sitting in my tree at home, soaking it all up. When I return home tonight, it will be dark and the lights will automatically have started their show.

The beauty of this product is that it's straight 'out of the box' - apart from the initial charge, there is nothing to do other than place the lights wherever you want them. There's a plastic spike if you want to site the panel into the grass or soil and a wall bracket (complete with plugs and screws) for attaching to a vertical surface.

Early days for me, obviously, so I can't comment on the longevity of this product, but I have to say that so far, it has exceeded my expectations. If it continues to perform as it did last night, then I have an exceptional little product that has changed my opinions on solar-powered lighting. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2