Profile for swords_babe > Reviews

"swords_babe"

Breath Of Fire 3
Breath Of Fire 3

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best PSOne Game EVER!!!, 28 Dec 2003
This review is from: Breath Of Fire 3 (Video Game)
Just like my title,BOF3 is the best game for PSOne,including all the DBZ and Gundam Wing ones (I'm a huge fan of those).It combines almost all of my personal likes of a game: dragons,good graphics,good story plot,action,adventure and a little humor.The only thing its missing is romance. But I can more than make that up with my imagination (Ryu and Nina are sooooooooo meant for eachother!!).
Anyhow,I finished the (pretty long) game at least three times (The end baddy is a b*tch to kill!!) and I still love playing on it. I'm mad on it.I've even wrote a fanfic about it.But what I'm trying to say is that BOF3 is brilliant,the best game on PSOne ever!

Go Your Own Way [Double CD]
Go Your Own Way [Double CD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gareth's New Image - Slick,Upbeat and Sophisticated, 28 Dec 2003
I'm a HUGE Gareth fan and I mean HUGE and I was expecting Go Your Own Way to be full of slushy romantic ballads (That spelt right?) much like his first album,What My Heart Wants To Say. However, I was pleasantly surprised.
Gareth has laid aside his choir boy image to turn into a slick,upbeat and sophisticated superstar.
All 19 songs are modern,soulful.Gareth puts his heart into every aspect of every song with amazing results. There are more jumpy dancy songs. There are the odd few soft and slow ones but that's to be expected and don't ruin the album. I myself am a hopeless romantic so I'm not complaining. All Cried Out brings tears to my eyes.Really. (Track 4,CD1 Night)
It looks as if Gareth has overtaken his rival Will Young after all and is up on top (Will is still behind the times.) which makes you wonder how on earth he won Pop Idol. (I guess there are more old ladies out there than we think!)
I hope Gareth is around for a long long time combining love songs and top beats to the best of his ability.

A Blackbird in Silver
A Blackbird in Silver
by Freda Warrington

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blackbird in Silver - One of the best books to date, 11 Dec 2003
This review is from: A Blackbird in Silver (Paperback)
This book is absolutely amazing.It mixes fantasy and action/adventure to the highest dergree.It also has a hint of romance!
You become fond of all three characters,Ashurek,Estarinel and Medrian, as they struggle to defeat the evil serpent M'gulfn.Wonder at Ashurek's disturbing past,at Estarinel's kindness and Medrian's mysteriousness.
A Blackbird in Silver was a joy to read from beginning to end, I loved every moment of it!It has become one of my most faveourite books and am looking eagerly for the sequels,A Blackbird in Darkess and A Blackbird in Amber.

The Song of the Lioness Quartet 4 Copy Box Set
The Song of the Lioness Quartet 4 Copy Box Set
by Tamora Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Alanna Rocks!!!!, 6 Sep 2003
I first read The Girl Who Rides Like a Man a couple of years ago when I was about eleven (Unintentionally I assure you).I loved it.Know why?I'd finally found a female who stood up to the opposite sex and did whatever it took to achieve her dreams.I'm a very strong believer that guys and girls are equal and I also love the period of knights and so on but was upset that no woman ever became a knight but Alanna does that.
At the age of ten,Alanna goes to the palace disguised as a boy whereas her brother goes off to convent to become a sorcerer.In the four books you follow Alanna as she goes through the distressing ordeal of puberty,the agonising torture of her lessons and the ever so romantic tales of herself,George the thief and Prince Jonathan [Personally I think Jon is the best for her! ;)].
An action packed quartet with ordinary womens' problems,butt-kicking and romance.I'd recommend this to older kids looking for a brilliant read full of fantasy and twists.

Dragon Ball Z Snap Together Model KitSuper Saiyan Gohan
Dragon Ball Z Snap Together Model KitSuper Saiyan Gohan
Offered by thebookcommunity_fba
Price: 74.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Model Kit, 16 May 2003
I am a great fan of Dragonball Z and this figurine provides hours of play.Gohan and the characters will make sure all children will be mesmerized into the amazing world of Dragonball Z.This model is easy to assemble and will last for a great deal of play however rough.

Camino Palmero
Camino Palmero
Price: 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Camino Palmero - The Calling, 13 May 2003
This review is from: Camino Palmero (Audio CD)
The Calling are a strong,bright and obviously talented group.Their songs are full of expression and feelings wrote by the singer,Alex Band,and the other group members.This album clearly shows just how great they are.

She's No Angel (Step-chain)
She's No Angel (Step-chain)
by Ann Bryant

4.0 out of 5 stars She's No Angel by Ann Bryant, 28 Dec 2002
Lissie has to endure a WHOLE two weeks with her mum and horrible step family. Luckily, Ollie is there for a while to ease the pain and to see just what brats Tony and Petronella really are. But Lissie's mum doesn't see how much she's spoilt them.That is, until Lissie takes things into her own hands!
This book is great for children with parent problems and can really help.A book for children of all ages.