Profile for Happy Shopper > Reviews

Content by Happy Shopper

Happy Shopper

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic DMW-BMB9E - Litium ion Battery for Lumix (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by AML Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but still feel ripped off!, 25 Aug. 2011
Genuine Panasonic battery bought as a spare for Lumix FZ45 camera, does the job and no issues with the quality of the product, but I just can't help feeling ripped off by the fact Panasonic force you to buy their batteries at exorbitant prices for their cameras, by making other cheaper batteries incompatible.

Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Powder Pink
Dylon 200g Machine Fabric Dye - Powder Pink
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars A new T shirt!, 17 Aug. 2011
I had a white t shirt which had with time gone grey and shabby looking so I bought this pink dye and now I have a lovely new looking pink T shirt. These dyes only work on cotton or cotton/polyester mixes so the stitching on it which is pure polyester has stayed white, but with the light delicate pink colour it is hardly noticable - but a point to consider if you wanted to use a darker colour's.

Highly recommended and easy to use and do not affect subsequent washes as long as you follow the instructions.

DYLON CHINA BLUE FABRIC DYE 200 G
DYLON CHINA BLUE FABRIC DYE 200 G
Offered by Supermodel Hair

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely colour, 17 Aug. 2011
I bought this dye to freshen up some light blue t shirts which were faded but not worn out, now they look good as new, I have used these dyes for years so know they work well, and as long as you follow the instructions which could not be clear, they will not affect subsequent washes.

Highly recommended to anyone who want to refresh their wardrobe and brighten tired and faded colours.

You can only use them on cotton mix clothes though, they do not work on man made fibres, but as the majority of my clothes are cotton or cotton/polyester mixes thats not an issue.

British Garden Wildlife: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide) (Collins Complete Guides)
by Paul Sterry

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book, 17 Aug. 2011
I bought this book at the same time as the Complete Guide to British Wildlife, and as such it is a perfect companion. It has a different layout the other book, with more detailed descriptions and information, but less entries.

It is ideal for beginners and people who are just starting to take an interest in nature and want to know "what was that insect which landed in my garden?" or "I wonder what that bird is?" The clear photographs make matching up what you have seen to the pictures in the book easy and there are pages of tips and hints on how to introduce and encourage different wildlife to your garden. By no means a complete record of every species there is but an excellent starting point and very informative.

British Wildlife: A photographic guide to every common species (Collins Complete Guide)
by Paul Sterry

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and Very informative, 17 Aug. 2011
This book is perfect for my needs, which are someone who wanders around the countryside with a camera and who spots different wildlife and flowers etc and then wonders what the hell they are, now I can quickly look them up and match them up to the photographs I have taken. It is clear concise and very easy to use and the number of species listed is very wide. I'm thinking for a total beginner to the world of nature it is ideal and the photographs are bright and clear and some species have more than one photograph showing different stages for example Blackthorn it shows a picture of the flower and the Sloes and in insects you see the caterpillar and moth/butterfly in some species.

Another interesting addition is hints & tips on taking good wildlife photographs (it is a little outdated as it talks about 35mm cameras but the basic ideas and comments can be applied to digital cameras) which I have found quite helpful and interesting.

All in all a superb little book which has broadened my knowledge of the English countryside/coastline.

Lowepro Adventura 120 Shoulder Bag for Camera - Black
Lowepro Adventura 120 Shoulder Bag for Camera - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowepro Adventura 120 Camera Case, 17 Aug. 2011
I bought this camera case for my Panasonic Lumix FZ45 and it is spot on for my needs, there is plenty of room, but the movable internal divider can be adjusted to provide a secure snug fit for the camera, and doing so provides ample room at the side for other things (spare lenses for example) I personally wanted the extra room for my compact camera (Panasonic Lumix FS10). There are numerous pouches and pockets for spare batteries, cards and card readers and it is excellent quality and very soft inside offering protection to the display screen. It has a generous shoulder strap which can be shortened or lengthened to the size you want.

The only con's I can see are: firstly the double fastening of the zip and clip, it is a bit fiddly and time consuming if you want your camera quickly but on the other hand it does provide that extra security and protection and only other thing is the plastic clips on the shoulder strap, they do look and feel a little flimsy, but time will tell on that one. But I bought this camera case to hold my cameras and have room for all my other bits and bobs and it fulfills this job and it is excellent quality and value for money, so I recommend it highly.

Acctim 14253 Matrix Jumbo LCD Smartlite® Alarm Clock, Black
Acctim 14253 Matrix Jumbo LCD Smartlite® Alarm Clock, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 26 July 2011
I wanted a bog standard alarm clock without a radio or anything else and this fitted the bill. It does the job its designed to do and I like the very large clear screen as when you first wake up and are not exactly with it, it is clear and bold and you know exactly what time it is. The light is quite bright and on all the while but I haven't found that an issue, I just turn over with my back to it when I want to go to sleep!

GM Vacuum Cricket Bat Grip Applicator
GM Vacuum Cricket Bat Grip Applicator

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much like hard work, 26 July 2011
Ok, according to the instructions and demonstration video on you tube this was supposed to be a piece of cake! Erm....it wasn't! You have to pump this thing so fast and hard you get a complete workout! Also if you haven't got the rubber grip attached to it exactly right (which is really difficult to do) you won't get all the air out and as soon as you stop pumping the air you have pumped out just filters back in - we were messing about with it for nearly 2 hours before we finally managed to get it to work properly, if I'd have known just how fiddly and hard work it was going to be I really wouldn't have bothered and taken the bat to the sports shop to do!

Upfront Opttiuuq Qvu XKRL Cricket Bat Grip - Blue
Upfront Opttiuuq Qvu XKRL Cricket Bat Grip - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work to put on, 26 July 2011
Tough and durable but a swine to fit to the bat! My son who's bat it is says the grip is comfortable to hold and he is happy with it so thats the main thing.

Clippasafe Waterproof Mattress Sheet (Single Bed)
Clippasafe Waterproof Mattress Sheet (Single Bed)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but very effective!, 26 July 2011
This has to be the best waterproof sheet I have ever bought, I have had others from various places which have cost more but have either ripped or not been as reliable.

It covers the bed well, in the place where it is needed most, and easy to secure. Not a lot else to say really the only negative I can mention is that it is a bit nosy but when you have put a fitted sheet on over the top it cuts down the russely noises, and it hasn't been an issue for the person who has to lie on it and you have to remember its a waterproof sheet so you have to expect that something that is waterproof is going to be of a different material to bedding to work properly!

Its saved me no end of extra work when accidents have happened so I'm happy with it!!

Page: 1 | 2