Profile for kazaroo > Reviews

Content by kazaroo

kazaroo

Complete Nepali: Teach Yourself  (Book/CD Pack)
Complete Nepali: Teach Yourself (Book/CD Pack)
by Michael Hutt

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book because, 15 Aug. 2014
I liked this book because:
- It has easy to understand explanations particularly in the grammar sections.
- The various introductions and facts at the begining were very helpful and I liked how it encourages you to go ahead and learn the Nepali script rather than just learn the language phonetically.
- I found it a good idea that after the 4 th lesson you are forced into using only the Devengari Script because the roman pronunciation disappears.
The negative points about this book:
- I was disappointed with the dictionary: It woud have been more helpful for me if as well as the Devangari Script it had also had the Roman pronunciation guide (particularly important at the beginning), and in general there were too few words in the dictionary. Lots of very basic words that I would have expected to be in were in fact missing.

-I would have liked more exercises/opportunities to practice the grammar that was taught. I would also have liked all these exercises to have been spoken on the CD .
. I would have liked more Audio in general to give me more practice with listening comprehension and getting to grips with the pronunciation.

The Tennis Psychologist: Psychology for Club Players and Captains
The Tennis Psychologist: Psychology for Club Players and Captains
by Adrian Lobley

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 5 Sept. 2013
This is a must buy for tennis players at all levels. It is extremely easy to read and understand, and is packed full of lots
of clever tricks and tips to help you get the upperhand over your opponents. The ideas are also amazingly easy to put into practice. I cannot recommend this book highly enough! Most effective!- Thank you!