Profile for Launchpad > Reviews

Content by Launchpad

Launchpad "Launchpad BS" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Yoobao Leather Executive iPad 3 Coffee
Yoobao Leather Executive iPad 3 Coffee
Offered by techo

4.0 out of 5 stars What a smart cover ... seriously though this is a top notch case, 10 July 2012
It only falls short of 5 stars for the fit, it could be tighter.

Other than that it's awesome, so much better looking than any other iPad case, light as a feather and adds very little to the oh so slim iPad 3rd gen.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep Included Screen Protector and stylus pen - Black
Offered by TECKNET

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for iPad 2, iPad 3 is fine, 10 July 2012
Good product for the price, I paid £5 for it on special but be warned it does not work for iPad 2's, the magnet is the opposite from the iPad 2 cases.

Etymotic MC3 Earphones with Mic Compatible with iPod / iPhone / iPad - Red
Etymotic MC3 Earphones with Mic Compatible with iPod / iPhone / iPad - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear sound and they stay put!, 10 July 2012
My only gripe with these earphones would be the lack of base, while they are undoubtedly crystal clear they do lack that kick drum feel I get from say the Shures(which did break after a year), but with that said these are the best in line mic/control for use with the iPhone I've had, would definitely recommend. Been using them almost every day for over a year with no problems.

BenQ EW2730V 27 inch LCD Monitor (VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, 1920 x 1080, 3000:1, 8ms, 300cd/m2)

4.0 out of 5 stars VA blown away!!!, 24 May 2012
I sold my Asus VH242H as I just couldn't handle the light bleed and colour washing with poor viewing angles.
I was going to replace it with the Asus VE278Q until a read a few reviews and someone recommended this monitor, I looked into it and the new VA panel (replacement for MVA) was much sharper and had better colours than the TN panels. This monitor had more functionality than the Asus and supposedly a better panel, so for the extra £20 odd I decided to take a chance.
And thanks goodness for that, not only was the screen better than expected but the picture quality is amazing, and the colours hardly change across viewing angles (I have this on a swivel arm and watch movies in bed sometimes).
I believe BenQ has Asus beat when it comes to the 27" multi purpose monitors.

The only reason I'm giving this a 4 star is the resolution, max 1900x1080, on a 27" it's just too little, I have to sit a fair bit further away from the monitor now, but for the price I don't think it's a problem really.

Gaming on this is superb, I've been playing BF3 and DeusEx off my PS3 and they both look much better than on the Asus.

Corsair CSSD-F120GB3-BK Force Series 3 120GB Solid State Drive  - Read 550MB/s, Write 510MB/s
Corsair CSSD-F120GB3-BK Force Series 3 120GB Solid State Drive - Read 550MB/s, Write 510MB/s
Offered by Appods

3.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware OS X Lion, 9 May 2012
I bought this to speed up my Macbook Pro, the specs say it is compatible but I had nothing but trouble when I tried to use this is my primary drive, constant freezing and inconsistent LONG booting periods.
Used it in a Windows PC with no issues.
Great drive just not for Mac, not now anyway.

Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the drive for the job, 23 April 2012
I'm using this in a Synology NAS, out of the box not a problem, the drive runs quiet and relatively cool. Transfer speeds are good too.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 9:58 PM GMT

Synology DS212 2 Bay NAS Enclosure
Synology DS212 2 Bay NAS Enclosure

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what it says on the tin and then some, if not a tad slow though, 23 April 2012
With a gigabit connection I get max write speed of 38mbps.
It's slow...very slow compared to the advertised 59mbps +

Other than that it's a great product, easy to set up and use.

The Cloud software is a bonus! Well done Synology.

My only gripe that holds it back from 5 stars is the speed, also when writing 2 streams(time machine and data transfer) it slows down to a crawl.

I would recommend keeping a cross over cable handy for transferring large data sets.

Belkin Network USB Hub
Belkin Network USB Hub
Offered by Cheapest Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what it says on the box, but Mac users with 10.6 or higher beware, 10 April 2012
I had my doubts when I bought this but it was the only thing on the market at the time for a reasonable price that gave me wireless access to my USB drives, of which I have a few. My only gripe is with my other pc, which is a Mac, it doesn't play well after the OSX 10.7 update.
That said it works just fine with Windows.

Asus 24-inch VH242H Wide Gaming LCD TFT Monitor (5ms, Full HD, HDMI, Black)
Asus 24-inch VH242H Wide Gaming LCD TFT Monitor (5ms, Full HD, HDMI, Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 15 Nov. 2011
After reading all the sterling reviews I decided to take the plunge, as far as being an additional monitor goes for working/coding from home it does a great job BUT I didn't just buy it for that. I also use it for gaming with my PS3 and watching TV shows or movies through the VGA from my laptop.
While the picture is clear enough the response time is noticeably lacking and the colours are washy, there's also REALLY BAD light leakage at the edges of the screen that makes watching videos that aren't full screen a pain.
Also the vertical viewing angle is horrible,if the screen isn't facing you at exactly the right angle you'll definitely notice it.
But for the price I'll live with it, as I say, for work it's a treat.
And having HDMI + VGA in as well as an audio in and out make it quite versatile.

Playseat Evolution White (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PC)
Playseat Evolution White (Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for simulators and arcade racers alike, 24 Aug. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought the A1 limited edition Playseat 2 years ago as I just wasn't able to get to the track since moving to this big city(London). I splashed out on the extras like the seat slider bracket and the fitting brackets for the Xbox force feedback wheel. I've spent many many hours in this chair working my way through everything from arcade stock car racers to F1 simulators and I can honestly say it's about as close as you can get to the real thing from the warmth of your living room, or games room.

As far as build quality is concerned, it could have done with slightly more padding on the bottom but being a bucket seat you can't really complain, everything else is spot on, fits the body just right and makes hours of play quite comfortable.

If you're going for the PS3 Logitech G-series wheel then don't forget the shifter bracket.

Would definitely recommend!