Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Profile for bumble > Reviews

Content by bumble

bumble (norfolk uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Getting into Practice (Edward Vernon's Practice series Book 3)
Getting into Practice (Edward Vernon's Practice series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars It nearer than you think, 7 Aug. 2015
I always enjoy Edward Vernon's books. He tell it how it is but with a gentle humour. Some incidents are thought provoking, some are funny some just downright sad an enjoyable book.I worked in hospital; administration many years ago and can identify with quite a few of the chracters and incidents.

The Year at Thrush Green
The Year at Thrush Green
by Miss Read

5.0 out of 5 stars her passing was a great loss to us all, 3 Jan. 2015
I have been an avid follower of Miss Read books for many years. They never fail to charm and amuse me, her passing was a great loss to us all. I have got most of her books and have read them all at two or three times and they never fail to please me.

Miss Read 10 Books Collection Set Pack RRP£69.90 (Villiage Diary, Tyler's Row Thrush Green, Winter in Thrush Green, Christmas at Fairacre Villiage School, News From Thrush Green, Storm in the Villiage, Over the Gate, Early Days) (Miss Read Collection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bumbles's view, 10 July 2014
This collection was purchased to replace my aging worn out books. They have been read so many times the pages are falling out.
The seller (Not Amazon) sent them so quickly I was very pleased. and look forward to re reading all these lovely Miss Read books.

The Young Country Doctor Book 2: Bilbury Grange
The Young Country Doctor Book 2: Bilbury Grange

5.0 out of 5 stars Bilbury wins my vote!, 10 July 2014
I have not enjoyed a series of books such as this for a long time. The Bilbury Series are a great read, they made me laugh and also made me cry. I would thoroughly recommend them.
I wish I lived in a village such as this, life is so easy there!

Christmas at Thrush Green (Christmas Fiction)
Christmas at Thrush Green (Christmas Fiction)
by Miss Read

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT Miss Read, 27 Jun. 2014
I really think that the publisher should be taken to task for this book. Miss Read it was not! despite what it said at the beginning. The writing is immediately obvious NOT Miss Read's gentle style but someone's idea of what they thought it might be. The characters, many of whom have jumped through a parallel universe were unrecognisable. In a previous book Phil was definite about her son going to boarding school, in this book he appears to have been away from home for several years without anybody "maturing" I was so disappointed with this. I have all the Miss Read books all of which I have read several times and always enjoyed, but not this time. It was cold, harsh and a very poor replica of Miss Read's writings Shame on you publisher.

The Stone Stile
The Stone Stile

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!!, 13 April 2014
This review is from: The Stone Stile (Kitchen & Home)
I have just received my embroidery kit and cannot wait to get started. The yarns supplied are perfect with beautiful colours and textures.
This is the fifth Rowendean Kit I have had and I haven't been disappointed with any of them.

Silent Night
Silent Night
by Jack Sheffield

2.0 out of 5 stars Getting a bit boring, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Silent Night (Paperback)
I have read all the Jack Sheffield books about Ragley School and I have to say that I will not bother anymore. The books are set in the the 70s and 80s and to prove that the author has done research on that era, the books are becoming a serious of lists of events and products from that time. If they were removed the story could have expanded further and we could learn more about Jack and Beth and the oh so sneaky Laura,.and the children at the school. Gervaise Phinn this isn't. That author manages to convey the time that his books are set in without the catalogue list.
I was disappointed for that reason alone,

THE TEA DRESS SHOP AT CHRISTMAS (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 1)
THE TEA DRESS SHOP AT CHRISTMAS (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 Sept. 2013
Couldn't the author have tried a little harder to vary the story on these three books. They do get boring

THE FAIRYTALE TEA DRESS SHOP IN EDINBURGH (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 2)
THE FAIRYTALE TEA DRESS SHOP IN EDINBURGH (Tea Dress Shop Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 Sept. 2013
See my previous review on this trilogy Don't bo9ther to read more than one book. there all the same Boring

THE CHRISTMAS TEA SHOP & BAKERY (The Tea Shop & Tearoom Series Book 1)
THE CHRISTMAS TEA SHOP & BAKERY (The Tea Shop & Tearoom Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 18 Sept. 2013
A trilogy of books with just the names changed. Read one and don't bother with others. No imagination required Boring

Page: 1 | 2