Profile for Wessexchick > Reviews

The Body Book
The Body Book
by Cameron Diaz

5.0 out of 5 stars A body book like no other :-), 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Body Book (Paperback)
I was introduced to this book when extracts from it were published in a newspaper and I decided to borrow it from the library. As usual, I left it late to start reading it and thought I'd better flick through it a week before it was due back. I was so glad that I did - what a fantastic read! Three evenings later, I read the last page and closed the cover. This is different to the many other diet and exercise books that I have read. It teaches you how your body works and shares some key messages that help you to make small steps to improving your diet and exercise habits. From the first evening, I made some changes to my routine and felt the benefits immediately. It is well written and easy to read. Cameron does not preach at you and does not make you feel bad for craving the sweet things. If you are looking for another diet to follow or a regimented routine to achieve a size eight, this is not the book for you. This is the book for you if you want to look after your body. Cameron will empower you to make achievable steps to embracing a healthier lifestyle and you will feel good about it! If you know me, you may be getting a copy of this for Christmas :-)

May I Have Your Attention Please?
May I Have Your Attention Please?
by James Corden

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those late night feeds!, 14 May 2013
I came across this autobiography in my local library when I was wondering around pushing my four week old baby. I'm quite a fan of autobiographies and decided to borrow the book. At home, I left it next to the chair where I do my baby's night feeds. It wasn't long before night feeds became desirable! I found the book enjoyable to read and easy to dip in and out of. James describes his life in a manner that is both humorous and poignant. My husband asked me why I wasn't laughing out loud one day as I was reading a book written by a comedian. I explained that James is not a comedian...he is an actor (something I would not have understood myself a couple of weeks ago)! I found it really interesting to learn about James' past acting experiences and was pleasantly surprised to discover that he did not use the autobiography to name and shame or embarrass others. He just tells his story and comes across as very genuine and extremely honest. I respect the journey he has been on so far and I look forward to seeing him on the television, on the big screen and in theatres in the future. I would definitely recommend this as a great read, even if, like me, you haven't yet watched 'Gavin and Stacey'.