Profile for Bootlegbob > Reviews

Bootlegbob

RHA MA600 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone - 3 year warranty
RHA MA600 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headphone - 3 year warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more I did, no need no more., 2 Feb 2014
Previously I owned a pair of Brainwavz B2's which is double the price than these. I am not rating these higher because of the price it is just that these are better for my ears. The quality of my mp3's aren't the greatest some range at the 128kbps and some are 320kbps and my last pair were very sensitive to low quality music because they used an Dual Balanced Armature, now I am no sound engineer or audiophile nerd but I have heard that if you used any pair of earphone that has this driver you are going to suffer if you have low quality audio and they did suffer from a lot of sibilance.

Anyway back to these RHA MA600's they are not far off the Brainwavz when listening to higher quality audio. The bass oh the bass I've missed you is far superior (my opinion) to the Brainwavz. I use the Cowon i9 mp3 player and use the setting BBE Head Phone 2. The bass is more controlled and doesn't over power certain tracks that I listen too, especially Portishead Sour Times.

This review is my opinion and based on my ears but if like me you have lower quality audio say most of your mp3's are around the 128kbps quality these RHA's even though sometimes some sibilance comes through which is not the fault of the earphones is far more suitable than say if you go for a Dual Balanced Armature earphone costing twice the price.

I found a comfortable fit and I used two sizes up from the ones that are attached when you first get them out of the box and boy the box is rather nice and the contents you get are rather special too.

All in all these RHA MA600's are superb the quality of the construction is mind boggling for the price I just have to rate them 5*****

Fractal Design Core 3000 Series ATX Case - Black Pearl (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite, 30 Dec 2011
I say almost but not quite because of three minute problems, nit picks really. The cable management is poor I used a semi-modular PSU and their ain't a lot of room behind the motherboard tray, granted their is sufficient grommet cutouts without the rubber grommets (that's the second nit-pick) to feed through the cables you are using for tidy cable management but that goes out the window when you have to put the cables you aren't using over the bottom fan mount (that's the third nit-pick) so the bottom fan mount becomes obsolete.

I have rated it four stars because the build quality is really rather good for a 50 quid case, (that's how much I bought it for through amazon) I own the fractal arc case and that's about 25 quid more and the construction of the hard drive bays are the same, if you had an SSD you would not need a 2.5in to 3.5in adapter. The side panels are a little bit more flimsy than the arc but the construction of the case in it's entirety is far better than the case it is up against well surpassed that held the crown for best mid-tower for gamers with it's superb airflow and design yep the Antec 300. I had an Antec 300 for a couple of years and quite a few different configurations over those years but the Antec 300 is well past it's sell by date and fractal 3000 is the new king unless you do what I did and stump up the extra 25 quid and buy the arc.

If you are like me and you want a case for great cable management buy the Fractal Arc case it is superb, but if you are like my old man and don't really care about cable management or have a fully modular PSU buy this case.

Gigabyte SKT-AM3 890FXA-UD5 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)
Gigabyte SKT-AM3 890FXA-UD5 Motherboard (Rev 1.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigabyte beats MSI, 30 Mar 2011
This board ticked all the right boxes for me. If you have a huge gfx card plus a huge heatsink the layout of the fan headers plus the position of the first pci-e slot is a god send.

I had a MSI 790fx-gd70 and the space between the back of the gfx card and the heatsink was almost touching, with this board I have at least 20-30mm more space.

Hopefully this board will last longer than my previous mentioned board. Just over 1yr is unacceptable for a £130 board.

Anyway I have made the right decision this time as the last gigabyte board lasted 4yrs and this has a 3yr warranty go figure.

MSI ARE PANTS
ALWAYS BUY A GIGABYTE BOARD :¬)

P.S. Slight hiccup with BIOS was not saving overclock settings, updated too F3 BIOS is now problem free.

Noctua NH-D14 Fan for Intel Processor LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2
Offered by NOCTUA -Designed in Austria

5.0 out of 5 stars THE! Coolest CPU Air Cooler, 25 Feb 2011
This cooler is a piece of cake to install if you have an AM3 board. No need to take motherboard out unless the cooler you used previously got rid of the standard backplate which you will need to fit this cooler.

I was using the Antec freezer 7 pro v2 on a 1090t at 1.35v 3.6 GHz ambient temp 22c; idle 32c load 50-55c.

This beaut of a cooler on a 1090t 1.536v at 4.12 GHz ambient temp 22c; idle 28c load 55c.

These temps above are the CPU Die temps, the core temps are about five degrees below those figures. I was using Artic silver 5 thermal compound.

You can get these volts down if you use the latest chipset, I'm using a MSI 790FX-GD70 board which is why I have to use higher volts.

The cooler is massive compared to the old antec cooler. I use an antec 300 case which is 205mm in width and it fits nice and snug. I have about 10mm to spare job done!

Also I have the fans on top whack and they cannot be heard over the five case fans. Not saying much but the case fans I use are Alpenfohn wing boost which are pretty quiet for five fans running at 100%. They are rated at 21db but anyway that's for another review.

This cooler is a must have, pretty expensive but compared to a H70 which is a make believe water cooler anyway and costs 15 quid more and no way near keeps your overclocked cpu cooler than this beast does and wait for it.... and is much more of a pain in the buttocks to install... and alot noisier at full whack, why not buy this?

Well the only minus points is for AMD users. You can only position the heatsink horizontally and if you have stupidly high heatsinks on your ram sticks this ain't going to fit. If your like me and have the ram sticks (corsair xms3 1600 MHz) that don't have high heatsinks it does fit. The Noctua website is the best place to go if you are unsure.

Not many complaints so what are you waiting for.... oh nooooo!!!!!! the silver arrow. Still buy this though for ease of install on AMD boards.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2013 10:05 PM GMT

IBRA® 1.5m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by HD ZONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Gold hits the Jackpot!, 18 Aug 2010
Colours are vibrant, sharpness detail on text is so much easier to read than the last cable I had and this cable only cost 6 quid more, absolute steal! Plus if you have a PS3 don't hesitate to snap this cable up, in dark areas in games with the last £1.55 cable the shadows were too dark and I had to go in to options all the time and adjust the brightness just so I could see what was in a dark shadow area, but the problem with that is when you weren't in a shadow area the screen was too bright.[...] is money well spent and now I have more time actually playing a game than spending half the time adjusting the brightness. Go on! buy, buy, buy!