Profile for Mr. D Ashworth > Reviews

Content by Mr. D Ashworth

Mr. D Ashworth

GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)
GoPro Hero 3 Edition Camcorder - Black (12 MP)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little device, 31 Dec 2013
I got bought this for Christmas and must say its a handy little device, easy to use and good quality. Reading the comments below some of them confuse me....

Let me bust some myths for you.

Those that are complaining that this is not easy to use and there are no instructions? I call B$, the little guide that does come with is more than easy enough to understand and explains all functions. After 7 - 10 mins I knew exactly where I was with this device.

Second, those who are complaining about only a few minutes recording before the recording stops only to be restarted again - this is to do with the SD/micro SD card you use. A quick google on this issue shows this is not a hardware fault. The GoPro websites states the types that are compatible with this model. For instance I tested with my camera at a number of resolutions using a CLASS 4 4Gb Micro SD card and at full 4k I get 10 secs recording time before it quits and I have to press record again where as when I record in 720p it records for over 8 minutes. I have now ordered a 64gb extreme micro SD card (yes expensive at £85) but the results are what you expect from this device - hours of uninterrupted recording in glorious 4K.

Before you start, format the SD card through the settings on the gopro camera. Then make sure the firmware is updated, this is a really easy process as stated on gopro's website.

Hope this helps guys, don't be put off by some of these unreasonable reviews.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 10:32 PM GMT

Cisco CCNA in 60 Days
Cisco CCNA in 60 Days
by Paul William Browning

5.0 out of 5 stars CCNA in 60 days - An enjoy to read and learn, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cisco CCNA in 60 Days (Paperback)
For me, one of the biggest issues when learning a subject is structure, I bought the Official Cisco CCNA books and I found them daunting and eventually got fed up of them name dropping their own products (we know your the best that's why everyone in networks uses them). With CCNA in 60 days, it trims the fat making you learn what you need to by someone who has been in the same position (btw I use my Official books as reference guides, so they are useful and i would still recommend buying ). I am well on my way with the book and I am hoping to book my exam in the next couple of weeks. Thanks guys for making my life a little easier (or not) ^_^

Akasa AK-PA075AM01 750 Watts VenomPower Modular Power Supply
Akasa AK-PA075AM01 750 Watts VenomPower Modular Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Akasa Venom, Defo the £££ v performance sweet spot!, 31 Oct 2012
Although the first one i recieved was faulty, thanks to amazon and their amazing returns policy I got a replacement and since then has worked like a charm. I would say that going semi modular is defo worth it as your going to need to use the mobo and CPU power connectors anyways.

Has been running like a dream for a couple of weeks so very happy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 10:34 PM GMT