Profile for KidsLibs librarian > Reviews

Content by KidsLibs librarian

KidsLibs librarian "Annie" (Kenya)

Morphy Richards Accents 43775 Pyramid Kettle - Cream
Morphy Richards Accents 43775 Pyramid Kettle - Cream

3.0 out of 5 stars looks lovely but..., 21 Mar 2014
This kettle look the business! However that enamel colour does scratch.
Also the spout is quite wide so be REALLY careful when pouring boiling water as it can sputter and scald you! a very pretty kettle never- the- less

The Fantastic World of Terry Jones: Fairy Tales
The Fantastic World of Terry Jones: Fairy Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any parent or grand parent or children's librarian!, 21 Mar 2014
Wonderful...what more can I say? read aloud or to self, to a group or individual. Some tales have moral stories attached to them (The Glass Cupboard), but most are just great fun to hear and read. BRILLIANT!

Smiffys Glitter Ball Boppers Silver
Smiffys Glitter Ball Boppers Silver
Offered by ELEGANT FASHION

3.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 21 Mar 2014
These served their purpose as part of a science fiction week in the school library. unfortunately they broke after 3 days (the band snapped).

The Fantastic World of Terry Jones: Fantastic Stories
The Fantastic World of Terry Jones: Fantastic Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars one for storytelling aloud, 21 Mar 2014
I have used this for storytelling to groups and individual children of many ages since it was first published! The Slow Ogre being particular favourite!

Pride and Prejudice [Korean Import]
Pride and Prejudice [Korean Import]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier
Offered by MagicoClassicMovies

5.0 out of 5 stars responsible for starting me reading Jane Austen novels!, 21 Mar 2014
I saw this movie on the TV one wet Sunday afternoon when I was at school in the 1970's. It made me laugh - Mr Collins particularly. It is completely different to the book - not least Mr Collins is Librarian (my now profession!), and the costumes are inaccurate for the period. However the gentleness and love and general silliness had me enthralled! I love this! I watch it and the BBC version with equal love and affection! I now have read all the books several times, and titter frequently!

The Chrestomanci Series: Entire Collection Books 1-7
The Chrestomanci Series: Entire Collection Books 1-7

5.0 out of 5 stars These books are wonderful!, 14 Oct 2013
I own them all in 'real book' format, and got them on Kindle 'cos I cant access my books currently. Chrestomanci is the epitome of an enchanter! DWJs concept of other worlds is as believable as C.S. Lewis's...

Scrooge [DVD]
Scrooge [DVD]
Dvd ~ Albert Finney

5.0 out of 5 stars part of Christmas Eve since 1988, 2 Nov 2009
This review is from: Scrooge [DVD] (DVD)
My daughters (now 18 and 21 ) and I have watched this several times every Christmas, and LOVE it! The songs are great, and is very reminiscent of 'Oliver' with the great dance routines..( will they ever make movies with those in again? they all used to have them: Mary Poppins, Oliver, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Slipper and the Rose...). I love Fezziwig and 'December the 25th my Dear..'. A joy!