Profile for P. J. Deans > Reviews

Content by P. J. Deans

P. J. Deans "Everyone,everything,everywhere ends!" (weymouth..uk)

Dream Home [DVD]
Dream Home [DVD]
Dvd ~ Josie Ho

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine film making., 8 April 2014
This review is from: Dream Home [DVD] (DVD)
An absolute cracker of a movie, great story,very gripping, great acting and fantastically and realistically gorey.
Foreign horror at its best.
Buy now!

Cabin Fever 3 - Patient Zero [Blu-ray]
Cabin Fever 3 - Patient Zero [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sean Astin
Offered by FREETIME

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great but not bad, 8 April 2014
Not a patch on the first cabin fever but then I didn't expect it to be.
Acting was kind of poor, story was kinda poor.
Special effects are very good.
5/10 average.

Jazooli Replacement Black Front Outer Glass Screen Lens For Apple iPhone 5 5G 5S - Tools Included
Offered by Jazooli

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to do., 8 April 2014
It's cheap for a reason, it is impossible to do with this.
Pay the £60 for the screen with the ribbons attached.
Buy this and regret it.

I Am Soldier [Blu-ray + UV copy] [2014]
I Am Soldier [Blu-ray + UV copy] [2014]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars I am cheap, 8 April 2014
I bought this on the positive reviews, some liking it to full metal jacket!
I disagree wholeheartedly, it was painfully slow, painful to watch, the tension in my eyes was zero and it reeked of cheap productions presents.
Very disappointed.

Six Feet Under: Complete HBO Seasons 1-5 Collector's Edition (24 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Richard Jenkins
Offered by Tooboon

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss this,miss your most valuable lesson in life!, 4 April 2013
Firstly I'm a european horror buff through and through,
A friend recommended Dexter to me so watched all seven seasons in about a month and loved it,loved the character "dexter"
Saw that Michael c hall was in SFU also so bought it for that reason only.
I must admit it took me a couple of seasons to really get into the character development of SFU(was spoilt by the brilliance of Dexter lol)

Well I finally finished all 5 seasons a couple of days ago and I'm actually stunned,gobsmacked, hairs on the back of your neck standing on end at the utter brilliance of six feet under!!!!!!!
To say that Iv never felt emotions like this ever to a tv show or film is an understatement!!!
The season 5 finale has to be watched to be believed,the most heart warming gut wrenching spine tingling piece of film I have ever witnessed in my 37 years of life.

The writing is outstanding,the humour is brilliant,the character development is so spot on, I actually felt apart of the fisher family feeling every emotion with them,all the ups and plenty of downs, I think that's why the finale hit me hard, it's two days later and SFU's brilliance is still well and truely stuck in my mind, I almost feel like I could start again from season 1 and watch all seasons again right now, taking every scene in and looking for things I may have missed!

Watching SFU is a valuable lesson in life,,it has actually changed the way I view my life,my family my friends,it should be made law for every person on the planet to watch this,the world would surely be a much better place for it I know!!!

Damn that season 5 finale!!!!! What a magnificently amazingly wonderfully piece of television.
I will say this.......six feet under is the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and tbh I don't think anything will ever come close to this again,,simply unmissable,miss this then miss your most valuable lesson in life, I can't rate this high enough!!!

Jo Nesbo's Headhunters [Blu-ray]
Jo Nesbo's Headhunters [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Aksel Hennie
Offered by Speedy Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good, 29 Aug. 2012
Were do i start with headhunters,id never heard of the film or the writer of the film before, i only bought on the very positive reviews i had read.
i love foreign films(generelly horror though), so subtitles i dont mind at all.
i absolutly loved every minute of this film from start to finish,when it actually finished i wanted more!!!
the acting, the characters especially the lead were top draw,the story twisting and turning in all directions was breathtaking.
foreign movie making at its finest, i would go as far as saying this is in my top 5 films of all time,the only non horror lol
go buy this film and enjoy every second of it,,you wont regret it,even if you dont watch foreign films give it a go!
5/5 a must own and watch!

Truth Or Dare [Blu-ray]
Truth Or Dare [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Oakes
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Truth about Truth or dare, 29 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Truth Or Dare [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Truth or dare was an enjoyable watch,,certainly not the best film iv seen but not the worst.
I hate everything hollywood so european horror is my thing.
Robert Heaths Truth or Dare is full of plot holes and some pretty shocking dialogue,its not a scarey film by any means and the death scenes are so predictible that there is just zero suspense!The was a little gore but if you are a gore hound you will be disappointed,although lack of gore isnt necessarly a bad thing.
Also the baddie in the film just isnt bad or scarey enough,like theres something missing.
overall though it wasnt too bad a watch,the acting was believible,there was a couple of small twists toward the end and it kept me interested,just!!
This is certainly no "eden lake" or "the descent",,just very average!
3/5
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2012 6:22 PM BST

Snowtown [DVD]
Snowtown [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Henshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont believe the hype!!, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Snowtown [DVD] (DVD)
First off im a horror, thriller nut,,a complete DVD addict!!
I have been waiting mnths for the release of snow town on DVD after hearing and reading the hype surrounding the film.
Being an australian production excited me even more after the pleasures of watching "The loved ones" and "storm warning" both brilliant films!!
Snow town is in a different class all together,,in a bad way that is!!!!
snow town is simply in my opinion terrible!!
complete false advertising on the front cover,,how on earth anyone could give this 5 stars is beyond me.
i almost switched off half way through,wish i had of done,,iv only ever done that once before watching the equally terrible scar 3d!
we are only in to march and this is the second much hyped film iv watched this year that was awfull(the other being Immortals).
please dont waste your time and money on this drivel,,it really is that bad!! you have been warned.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 12:18 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars impressed!!!, 10 Jun. 2010
great price for a quality shake, the banana flavour goes down very well.
really easy and effortless to mix too.
highly recommended.