Profile for FA > Reviews

Audyssey South of Market Audio Dock
Audyssey South of Market Audio Dock
Price: 209.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding Compact Dock But......, 23 May 2012
I've been searching for a good sounding dock which would accommodate my iPhone without having to remove its case. The Audyssey ticked all the right boxes with the added bonus that I could also dock my iPad (again without removing its rear cover). The sound from such a compact unit is great across all genres and the build quality is excellent.

Unfortunately, an annoying flaw made itself apparent within a few minutes. When, docked, the unit would turn on my iPhone randomly and start playing music. During playback, music would stop and start.

I really liked the unit so took a chance and ordered a second one. It took a few hours this time but again, the second unit exhibited the same flaw. I checked the manufacturer's website where they are aware of the problem (which apparently is caused when the iPhone switches between 2G and 3G) but as yet, do not have a fix. With regret, I am arranging the return of both units.

I must add, the fault only showed itself when used with an iPhone. The unit performed flawlessly with my iPod Classic, iPad 2 and iPod Nano 2nd gen.

ICE-watch 'Sili' big brown watch
ICE-watch 'Sili' big brown watch
Offered by Serrano Joyeros desde 1943
Price: 72.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Size?, 6 Dec 2010
I purchased the big size and upon opening the box, I was slightly disappointed as it was smaller than expected.

The size quoted on the Ice Website states the watch is 48mm. My measurements showed it to be 43mm. I realised their measurements included the crown whereas most watch measurements are of the case and don't include the crown.

I have only had it a week so can't comment on longevity but build quality seems fine other than the freeplay within the bezel.

Lastly, no instructions provided on how to change the battery either in the box or on the Ice Website.

On the whole, I still like it & will keep it.

Samsung ML-2525W Black Mono Laser Printer (Wireless)
Samsung ML-2525W Black Mono Laser Printer (Wireless)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good compact wireless printer, 26 Mar 2010
Purchased after positive reviews for ML2525. Couldn't find reviews of the wireless version but purchased away. Set up via supplied USB cable took about 5 mins on my mac. The wireless side of things took about an hour. I followed the instructions meticulously without success and was about to give up.

After deleting and reinstalling drivers, I decided to set up using Bonjour and I was able to connect wirelessly straight away. I now have the printer working wirelessly with 2 macs.

Print quality is good for what I use it for and have been able to print from anywhere within my 2 floor flat and the garden. The flap to access the toner is flimsy and my printer arrived without a UK power lead, hence 4 stars. Otherwise an excellent wireless printer for the home/small office.

Update To Previous Review

After 2 years of light use (approx. 3 pages a month) the printer developed a fault. After pressing the 'on' button, the printer switches off after 10 seconds. Tried various trouble shooting, i.e. changing the power cable, ensuring toner was seated correctly & checking for paper jams. All to no avail. I also couldn't find anything on the web related to the problem.

Samsung technical support were unable to help & referred me to a local repair service who advised, they would simply exchange my unit for a refurb (same model) at a cost of 66.

I decided to buy a HP printer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2010 7:33 PM BST

Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Black
Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Black
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars On the whole, a good case for your iPhone 3g/3gs, 26 Mar 2010
I echo all the positive reviews and have recommended to friends & family & have purchased 5 in various colours so far. However, after approx. a month of careful use, I pulled my iphone out of my pocket to find the case had a 10 millimetre split in the cutout for the dock connector which left a sharp edge. Immediately removed to prevent damage to iPhone.

I have now purchased a Switcheasy Nude Ultra Clear as a replacement. This is practically identical & offers a slightly slimmer profile but the feather is grippier & less likely to be dropped when holding the phone.

SwitchEasy NUDE Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Ultra Clear
SwitchEasy NUDE Case for iPhone 3G/3GS - Ultra Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want a clear slim case for your iPhone 3g/3gs, look no further., 26 Mar 2010
Great case. Went with the clear version to show off the back of the iPhone. Very slim & a good fit. Cutouts for camera etc are spot on. Almost identical to my previous case, Incipio Feather. However, the Nude is ever so slightly slimmer.

The only negatives I have found after 2 days of use & the price are that it's a fingerprint/grease magnet & you get what looks like water marks on the inside of the case. Thoroughly cleaning the back of the iphone & inside of case make no difference & the water marks appear on both black & white iPhones. However, its something I am prepared to overlook as I need a case with the least amount of bulk. Coloured versions of the case may not have this problem. To early to comment on its scratch resistance but so far none to report.

If you want the slimmest case currently around, this is the one.