Profile for Asanka > Reviews

Content by Asanka

Asanka

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition) [Blu-ray] [2011] [2001]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Price: 23.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for an all time great!, 11 Sep 2014
Excellent value for the trilogy; based on how old the movies are they did a good job in conversion of video.
I loved the packaging and the presentation. It also comes with lots of extras DVD's.
My only complain would be that they should have included the extras in some bluray's as well.
All together this package contains something like 15 disks (2 bluray disks per movie + 9 extra's DVD's)

Hugo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (2011)
Hugo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (2011)
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3D effects to match with great story., 11 Sep 2014
Best 3D movie I watched so far. 3D effects are so good without being artificial. I bought this for 5 and It's a real bargain. Movie is great too.

Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Inception [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have movie for a bargain!, 11 Sep 2014
Excellent value for a great movie. I liked the extras too.

6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
6x Savvies SU75 UltraClear Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
Offered by protectionfilms24-com
Price: 1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 7 Jun 2014
For the price, can't complain.
Just be aware this is not scratch resistant or the packaging did not include any cleaning fabric for screen!

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Hardened Edition (PS4)
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Hardened Edition (PS4)
Offered by Accessory-Shop
Price: 96.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 7 Jun 2014
For a couple of bucks extra, this edition is well worth the money.
The game is good, but nothing extraordinary!

Very happy with the value this edition offered, but not so with the game!

Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Price: 329.86

5.0 out of 5 stars First console ever & love it!, 7 May 2014
First of all I'm not a console guy until now, but was a avid PC gamer.
I got fed up with upgrading my PC and decided to take the plunge to console gaming world; turns out to be one of the best decisions I made in recent times.

I really cannot notice much of a visual difference between PC games & console game, and I love how fast the PS4 is to boot, start a game, send to standby, etc...
I love that with console I don't have to worry about cooling & other junk I used to worry about with PC. I also love the fact PS4 is so quite even after several hours of continuous gaming.

As for PS4, like I said before It's fast & fluid (also after several sessions of, hours of continues gaming no overheating or no noise from system). Don't understand people complaining about it being difficult to work with in-terms of navigation & UI; It's not the most intuitive UI in the world, but it gets the job done just fine.
As for the selection of games, I think it's the biggest issue; but the selection can only get better... so no worries here.
Last point is how hard it is to get used to controls & DuelShock controller; well I had some difficulty getting used to things coming only from PC gaming, but after couple of days it becomes sort of second nature. If you are worried about the ease of use for controller, I personally think PS4 controller is way responsive & ergonomic than keyboard & mouse on PC. (On PC I Used dedicated Gaming Mouse\Keyboard combo which costed more than $200)

So as a former PC gamer, is the switch to console good choice? : absolutely.