Profile for Gypsy Barlow > Reviews

Content by Gypsy Barlow

Gypsy Barlow (Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Walltastic-Sea Adventure Wallpaper Mural
Walltastic-Sea Adventure Wallpaper Mural

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 23 July 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is very complicated to put up so I decided to get a decorator to do it - even he didn't manage to align the picture. He said straight away that he wouldn't charge me as it looked so dreadful.
Also the colour is much darker than the picture on the box - really gloomy.
We are really disappointed and I am going to buy a different one by a different make.

A Pony Named Patches (Charming Ponies Series)
A Pony Named Patches (Charming Ponies Series)
by Lois K. Szymanski

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY American, 16 Feb 2009
This is a sweet story about a boy and some wild ponies but, unfortunately, it is extremely American in it's language. It really is so completely different to English that I really don't think it is good for any school child in England to read. Surely we are encouraging our children to read so that they become more proficient at the English language? It is also difficult for an 8 year old to understand because of the continual use of American words. I won't be buying any more of this series. Try Sheltie the Shetland pony instead (for ages 6-9).

TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)
TOMY First Years Starlight Dreamshow (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality at a good price, 6 Jan 2009
If you want to buy one of these battery operated music/light boxes then this is the one to get. It is very good value compared to other ones and does it's job brilliantly. It has three different tunes, the batteries don't run down as quickly as other brands, there is no problem with the focus (which other ones have). Mine has lasted through my three children and is still as good as new (one wanted it every night for 2 years). I don't put it on the cot as the children might look into the light - I just sit it on top of a shelf, wardrobe or chest of drawers. It also has a setting for how long you want it to play for (5, 10 or 15 minutes I think). Personally I prefer wind up music toys but these are great too and this is the best of the lot; I know - I have tried masses!!

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Classic Books with Holes)
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (Classic Books with Holes)
by Pam Adams
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun!, 6 Jan 2009
This is hilarious! We all love it - especially my two year old. It is the only one of these "Classic Board books with Holes" that is worth buying as it has all the words to the song that might otherwise be forgotten and the "holes" concept works extremely well with the "swallowing" story!

Sheltie 1: Sheltie the Shetland Pony
Sheltie 1: Sheltie the Shetland Pony
by Peter Clover

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Aug 2008
All these Sheltie books are perfect for girls aged 6-8. They got my daughter reading properly to herself. She adores all of them and whenever we get a new one she devours it within two days (She is just 7).

I love them because they are sweet and innocent, they don't frighten her and they do not shove innapropriate ideas into her head as so many books for her age do.

Usborne Lift and Look Tractors (Lift and Look Board Books)
Usborne Lift and Look Tractors (Lift and Look Board Books)
by Felicity Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 27 Aug 2008
If you have a tractor mad little boy this book is great as it is sturdy and has lots of flaps. It doesn't really focus on the tractors (the words focus on a hen called 'henny penny') which I think is actually quite good as my little boy certainly needs his focus to be dragged towards things other than tractors!

The best thing about this book is that you can leave the child alone with it safe in the knowledge that even if they are rough it will still be in one piece when you get back.

There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
There's A House Inside My Mummy (Orchard Picturebooks)
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite in our house, 27 Aug 2008
I can't help but write a review for this book even though we don't read it anymore. It is a very treasured book which my children absolutely loved - a real favourite. It is charming, sweet and fun. It tackles problems of pregnancy on every page in a calm, lilting poem which is perfectly suited to very young children. It gives an explanation for things which might otherwise frighten children such as morning sickness and tiredness. It is particularly touching to read that the author became father to twins at the end.

A sweet, safe, kind book which is a great help when you are expecting a baby and the elder sibling is still very young.

Dualit Jug Kettle with Cream Trim 72302
Dualit Jug Kettle with Cream Trim 72302
Offered by ultimatesalestore1

4.0 out of 5 stars At last - a great kettle that works!, 3 Feb 2008
I have spent a few expensive years trying to find a kettle that isn't too noisy, doesn't have unreasonable condensation on the base and actually works - this one does the job!
I decided to go for this very good quality brand even though I had wanted a brushed steel kettle with a large spout and a larger capacity. It is fantastic quality, works really well, isn't noisy, doesn't leak, doesn't have condensation - I love it! I just wish I could fill it through the spout.
Thank you Dualit for solving my kettle dilemma - I was beginning to lose all hope of ever finding a kettle that did it's job.

Little Sugar Addicts: End the Mood Swings, Meltdowns, Tantrums, and Low Self-Esteem in Your Child Today
by Kathleen Desmaisons

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Feb 2008
This book is amazing and so true. One of my children is very sugar sensitive and she is transforming with this plan. The book is very easy to read (if a bit annoyingly American) and the plan is extremely easy to follow - much easier than the adult version. I now hate to see children being fed sugary food or simple carbs as I wonder what on earth it is doing to their brain. I am buying three more copies to give to friends so that their families can be transformed.

BaByliss 5710BU BEliss 1750W Unique Straightening Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5710BU BEliss 1750W Unique Straightening Hair Dryer

1.0 out of 5 stars really rubbish - waste of money, 8 Nov 2007
This is such total rubbish - it does not work at all even though I am quite good at straightening my very fine English hair (which frizzes easily) with a hot air brush or GHD hair straighteners. I read the instructions first, tried hard and persevered but to no avail. I am surprised that so many people have written that it works (maybe it's because my hair is long) but I can't believe that it actually works for anyone and I cynically think that all these 5 star reviewers must work for Babyliss.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9