Profile for adelejackson > Reviews

You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through a Brother's Eyes
You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through a Brother's Eyes
by Jermaine Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars you are not alone, 18 Sept. 2011
when i started reading this book i was hoping to find an honest, down to earth view of life as a member of the jackson family, and that is exactly what i found.
from the outset i found this to be wonderfully easy to read and hard to put down, i found myself both laughing and crying, both charmed and saddened, and it has really made me think about not just their lives but my own too, the events that happened to me and shaped me into the person i am today, and why.
having read michaels book many years ago, i find it beautifully refreshing to have another view of life as it was for them, as jermaine put it everyone will have their own version of the same story aswell as their own to tell.
it has always saddened me that media and the vast majority of people had michael completely wrong, they forgot to see the person behind the image and this goes a way to showing that real person i knew was there.
so my thanks to jermaine for sharing with us his story and a small piece of his life.