Profile for Michael Quigley > Reviews

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

3.0 out of 5 stars Little Disappointed - Read Review, 25 Dec. 2013
Hi all,

I want to kick off and say here I am reviewing THIS PRODUCT, not the TV Show. The show is fantastic and has some of the best character development ever seen on TV, and I have been an avid watcher since it began almost 6 years ago.

My dissatisfaction comes with this product specifically. The normal Amazon price is £76.00, and I was lucky enough to get it in a Daily Deal for £49.99. My issue is how cheap the packaging is.

You get this nice cardboard box with a magnetic lip to keep all your dvds safe inside, by I immediately thought the box seemed very thin, and I was right.

The DVD's come inside in a cheap paper/card sleeve for each season. For such a big show, and such an expensive item, I would have expected a plastic box at the very least for each season.

Big upside is the UV Feature however, that you can download & stream it anywhere, but think about it, whose mobile device, tablet, or even most household computers, has the storage space for 6 seasons worth of Blu-Ray content? None.

Anyway,

If you can catch it on sale at a lower price I would recommend, but for the premium, I was really annoyed with the cheap packaging.

Thanks,
Michael

Opteka X-GRIP Professional Camera / Camcorder Action Stabilizing Handle with Accessory Shoe for Flash, Mic, or Video Light (Black)
Offered by 47th Street Photo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth It, Avoid., 18 Nov. 2013
Product felt a lot lighter than I would have expected.

The increase in stability from handheld was noticeable, say a 30-40% decrease in shake.

On my first job with this item (an engagement party with a lot of slow, walking shots) this items broke. The hotshoe on the top where I had my light attached came off, as did the mount for the camera itself.

So I got maybe 4 hours actual use from the product.

Could be I had bad luck.

Wouldn't recommend, more worthwhile to save longer & buy higher end.

VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Green
VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Green
Offered by RadioWorld

2.0 out of 5 stars AVOID AVOID AVOID., 16 Mar. 2013
For the RRP of this item (£29.99 I believe) and the boast of 'Awesome Sound Quality', the audio clarity is absolutely terrible, it could be that I have received a faulty unit, I don't know. But the sound is extremely distorted and tinny and low quality. My last pair of in-ear buds (bought at £7.99 from HMV) absolutely blow these out of the water with regards to the clarity and for some reason vocals seem terribly quiet.

Avoid these, the fancy 'Zip' design is the only thing they have going for them.

iZKA® - Mains Charger For The New 2011 Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display (works on all amazon kindle models)
Offered by Invero

3.0 out of 5 stars It works... sometimes, 18 Feb. 2013
As per the title, this item is very temperamental. I ordered 2 of these, one for me and one for my brother, both have the same issue. Requires a lot of wire-wiggling from time to time for it to work.

Plug in a charger and expect the thing to charge, right? WRONG!
It will randomly stop and need another wiggling session to get it going again, which could also stop at any time, pretty impractical needing to charge a Kindle for 4 hours and not being able to take your eyes off it incase the charger derps and disconnects.

Buyers beware, you get what you pay for.

Regards,
Michael Q

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not Perfect, 18 Feb. 2013
For £20, I cant really complain, however, since it was a fair amount more expensive than some of its competition (as cheap as £8), I expected a little bit more performance.

If you want to just trim the length of your beard, it's perfect, but for a smooth-stubble removing shave, it's impossible, I have to switch to a normal manual razor to shave my neck. Not really an issue though, as it is a beard trimmer, not an electric razor, I shouldn't expect what isn't said on the tin.

I'd recommend this product if you have a beard and don't need to clean shave certain parts of your face/neck as per your style.

Also very handy for a quick trim of underarm hair and hair in some other places.

Regards all,
Michael

TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Item, 18 Sept. 2012
Good solid product, just from holding it you can tell its good quality.
BUT.
EVERYTHING WAS IN GERMAN.
I didn't have a clue what was going on with the installation or the software, all the manuals in the box where in german, too.
Go, unless you're a linguist, be careful.

DIGITUS Multimedia Headset mit Mikrofon
DIGITUS Multimedia Headset mit Mikrofon

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, Can't Believe Other Reviews, 3 Aug. 2012
So the reason I bought this headset was for the mic, not the actually listening properties.
My old headset broke, a £12.99 Philips headset from Argos, and I thought I'd try something new with these.
The audio quality was much lower than the speakers in my screen, so there's no point even using them for that.
But more importantly, the voice recording was HORRIBLE. It made A LOT of crackling noises, to the point where I'm not even sure I'll make the audio public, I turned the input volume of the mic from 100% down to 80%, and it reduced some of this noise, but still not to the point where you could just it for a public display, I don't understand how any manufacturer can design, make, market and sell a product with a mic, where the mic doesn't work properly.
I'll be buying the Satzuma Retro mic now to tide me over until I can afford a Blue microphone.

Executive High Back PU Leather Black Color Office Chair 19 Black
Executive High Back PU Leather Black Color Office Chair 19 Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice chair, 28 July 2012
Assembly was kind of difficult with two people, as parts needed forcefully held still while someone else put in the screws. Nice quality chair overall, although the 'tighten/loosen' knob doesn't work.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Generations (Xbox 360)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm - Generations (Xbox 360)
Offered by Go2Games

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 1 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
As a massive Naruto fan, and having owned and playing EVERY Naruto game released on home console in the UK, totaling over 12 games, this has to be the worst. We are promised this string of new characters, but instead, we get them only as Support Characters.
The Story Mode as been simplified, and shortened unjustifiably. I finished all the 'Character Stories' and 'Tournaments' in a matter of, roughly 6 hours?
Also, with the simplified Substitution system, allowing 4 substitutions in a row, then needing to wait for them to recharge over time, leaving you vulnerable to devastatingly long combos which can take off half of your health or even more, instead of rewarding skilled gameplay with the original Substitution system which required a perfectly timed block.
The gameplay is still fun, and the art and voice acting is still the same as the previous title. Generations yes, brings back the younger characters, and adds a few new ones, but the amount of features REMOVED from the game, combined with the small amount of additions, doesn't warrant the cost of a full retail release. I payed it yes, but only as a die-hard fan of the series, and a collector, otherwise, knowing what I now know, I would not purchase this game, rent maybe, easily finished and gotten bored of in a day.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 8:32 PM BST

Sonic 12 inch soft toy. Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 12 inch soft toy. Sonic the Hedgehog

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic Teddy, 11 Dec. 2011
Great value for money for such a large sized plush teddy, great quality too. Just nice to own for someone who played Sonic growing up, or for a kid who has now been shown Sonic

Page: 1 | 2