Profile for sjb > Reviews

Content by sjb

sjb

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Nintendo Wii U)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids and adult kids, 25 Jan. 2015
A lot of fun .. not quite up there with Lego City Undercover, but still entertaining.

We experienced a couple of console freezes, one game glitch (character went out of bounds with no way to bring him back) and the camera can be a bit wonky sometimes. The story mode is a lot of fun, but once you've finished that the free roaming game play can get a bit stale.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Usefulness may depend on the size of your hands, 6 Dec. 2014
This grip marginally improves the handling of my M3. I have large hands (large enough that I ended up buying a battery pack from my D7000 so that I could get a decent grip on it), but this self adhesive grip really didn't make a huge amount of difference to the M3's handling in my opinion. I was able to get a secure grip on the camera before adding this grip, but I could imagine how those with smaller hands might not be so lucky. I feel like I have a better hold of the camera now, particularly when using it one handed, but I don't believe that equates to very much of an improvement in usability. This grip certainly doesn't make the handling any worse, but I can't say that it offers much of an improvement either. If this grip fell off my camera tomorrow I wouldn't be in any great hurry to replace it.

Anker PowerCore+ mini (3350mAh Premium Aluminum Portable Charger) Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, tough battery pack for undemanding devices, 6 Dec. 2014
I bought this to recharge my Sony camera on the go and it works very well. A spare battery for my camera costs 30 pounds for a genuine Sony item (I'm reluctant to use the dirt cheap 3rd party items), but this Anker battery pack is 1/3 of the price with very nearly 3 times the capacity and is more generally useful because it can charge other items too.

The battery pack itself is housed in an aluminium shell which should be virtually indestructible. There's a single LED that illuminates when the battery pack is in use which, unfortunately does not provide any indication of remaining charge until it reaches about 2% capacity when it should start to flash. The same LED is used to show when the battery pack is charging - again there's no indication of the state of charge so you can't check the charging process or take a guess at how long it will take to fully charge.

The only caveat with this battery pack is that it's output is limited to 1A maximum which means that it can't charge Android devices at full speed.

When I had to contact Anker's customer support in the past regarding their larger 10,000mAh battery packs I received excellent customer service and postage paid replacements so I had no qualms about ordering from them again.

Anker USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card, Support UHS-I Cards, 18 Months Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value USB 3.0 card reader, 6 Dec. 2014
A fast, compact card reader that's also solidly constructed. I use this with an OTG cable on my Nexus 5 to view photos from my camera (using Nexus Media Importer from the Play store) and it works very well .. way better than transferring images over WiFi. Using a Lexar professional card (600x speed) it's as fast as the internal phone storage.

12 PACK Replacement Earphone Ear Gel Tips For Sony MDR CX EX Sennheiser CX IE Sharp Panasonic HJE Skullcandy ezGears JVC Phillips Creative Sony Ericsson Denon Monster Griffin JBL Headphones iPod iPad in ear Earbuds - Small Medium Large (Black)
Offered by Gadget Zoo

4.0 out of 5 stars I lost one of the tips for my Soundmagic E10s ..., 24 Oct. 2014
I lost one of the tips for my Soundmagic E10s, and these were amongst the cheapest replacements I could find on Amazon. They fit well onto the E10s, although the fit in my ear isn't quite as snug as the originals. You can't really go wrong for less than a pound.

Logitech Keyboard K120 for Business - UK layout
Logitech Keyboard K120 for Business - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars A cheap and cheerful UK layout keyboard that delivers good value for eight pounds and change, 27 July 2014
A cheap and cheerful UK layout keyboard that delivers good value for eight pounds and change. There's a nice weight to the key action but it feels a bit lifeless overall. If you don't want to spend a fortune and don't want or need extra keys it's hard to knock this keyboard.

SKILIWAH® for Asus Google Nexus 7 ~ Full LCD Display + Touch Screen Digitizer~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Offered by ZS-TP

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be at least as good (or bad, 27 July 2014
Seems to be at least as good (or bad, depending on your point of view) as the original screen in terms of colour and brightness. No dead or stuck pixels. Pretty good value when it saves your N7 from the landfill.

Mine was supplied by "Crazyprofit". Took 2 weeks to arrive after the dispatch confirmation, but the package had 1st class postage when it arrived - not sure if the supplier didn't send it for 2 weeks or whether the Royal mail sat on it for 2 weeks. All good in the end.

StarTech 3 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B
StarTech 3 feet Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 27 July 2014
The micro USB plug gives a reassuringly solid connection. Both plugs are larger than absolutely necessary. The cable has a smaller diameter and is less flexible than equivalent products. Good value for money.

Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to spare, 16 May 2014
I'm using this item to charge a Nexus 5 and power a cheap dashcam simultaneously with no problems at all. My previous adapter had two USB sockets with one of them rated at 2.1A and the other at 1A. The 1A socket couldn't provide enough current to power the dashcam or charge the phone at full speed, but the Anker unit can run both without breaking a sweat.

If this is still working after a month I'll likely get another for powering my Nexus 7 / recharging battery packs in the car.

Sunweb Spiral Coiled USB 2.0 A Male to Micro USB B 5Pin Cable Smart Phone Spring 90CM Black

4.0 out of 5 stars They work, 13 May 2014
I ordered four of these and they took 2 weeks to be delivered from China to the UK.

The coiled section is approximately 100mm out of the bag and stretches to around 200mm with little resistance. The A plug is a gloss black, solid looking and quite compact. The micro B plug is matte with a good sized strain relief and offers a good, reliable connection when it's plugged in. Data and power both work (this is not a "charge only" cable for Android devices).

Can't grumble at 70p each