Profile for Pete Bell > Reviews

Pete Bell (Widnes)

York Fitness Bench
York Fitness Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy and high quality product, 21 July 2016
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
Very sturdy and high quality product. Far superior to benches costing only a little less. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to buy a decent bench at a reasonable price.

SAVFY [Premium Quality]Bluetooth Remote Control Camera Photo Shutter Release For Apple iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4 ipad 5 4 3 2 ipad mini ipad Air ipod/Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 S2 Note 3 2 1 Tab2 note8 10.1/Moto X/Neus 4 5 7/Xiaomi 1 2 3 - Fashinable Design for Your Cool Self Portrait
Offered by GMEX Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 21 July 2016
Just what I needed to make taking photos and videos with my iPhone easier. Not having telescopic arms, it was difficult to strike the right pose and then snap it as I couldn't reach the shutter button. Now I don't have to worry about this any longer as this bluetooth shutter release works like a dream - I can place my iPhone where I like and then take pictures or videos without having to touch it, just by clicking with this device. Brilliant!

Newest & Improved Spiralizer Spiral Slicer Complete Bundle - Vegetable Cutter - Zucchini Pasta Noodle Spaghetti Maker
Offered by Home Exquisite

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a dream!, 21 July 2016
Length:: 2:13 Mins

This is a review of the Spiralizer Spiral Slicer. It is really very simple to use and spiral slices vegetables such as courgette, carrots and parsnips with ease. The unit is very well made out of sturdy, rigid plastic which feels very robust and secure in your hand. There are two parts to the Spiralizer Spiral Slicer – the main body which houses 2 very sharp interchangeable cutting blades and an end cap which must be used to feed the final few centimetres of your vegetable into the cutting blades – this is very important as the blade are razor sharp and slice through vegetables like a hot knife through butter. Also included in the box are a handy vegetable peeler and a slim bristled cleaning tool which should be used to clean the blades after use if you value your fingers!

Using the Spiralizer Spiral Slicer couldn’t be simpler. There are two different thickness of spirals that can be produced – simply choose the thickness you require by unclipping the green end and rotating it until the desired cutting blade matches up with the long slot and then clip it back into position. Then select your vegetable (ones around 4cms in diameter are ideal), peel if required, and chop off each end to give a flat surface. Now, simply hold the Spiral Slicer in one hand and with the other, insert the vegetable into the green ended opening and twist – just like sharpening a pencil. Only a little pressure needs to be applied as the blades make short work of slicing through vegetables. Keep twisting to produce long spiral strands and, when only about 5cms of the vegetable remains protruding out of the slicer, push the end cap on to hold the vegetable firmly and continue safely twisting until you reach the end. It’s as easy as that! But perhaps a short video would help illustrate this.

iPad PRO Case 9.7 - KHOMO® Dual Black Case for iPad Pro 9.7" - Ultra Slim Lightweight with Stand and Magnetic Smart Cover Auto Wake Sleep On / Off Function Full Body Protection for new Apple iPad PRO 9.7 - Black
Offered by ELECTROSTORE SL

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic case - and awesome customer service too!, 4 Jun. 2016
I received this item very quickly. It was well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. On opening the package, the quality of this case was immediately apparent - it was very nicely made with good looking materials and the soft matt black finish had a nice grippy feel to it. Fitting it to my iPad PRO 9.7 was a breeze and it held my tablet very securely indeed. The aperture cutouts were spot on and perfectly aligned with the buttons, headphone jack and camera.

However, in use there was a problem - the cover didn't lock/unlock my iPad. It definitely 'snapped' shut when closed and there was a slight resistance when opening it again but my iPad didn't respond to either operation. A quick email to the supplier was met with a fast response and an apology. A tested replacement cover was sent to me by return post and I received this the next day. And I'm pleased to say this one works perfectly. I am very happy with my new cover and incredibly impressed by the awesome responsiveness of the supplier. This is actually the second time I've bought a Khomo case (the first was for a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet). It was the quality and price of that which made it a no brainer when looking for an iPad cover. From my personal experiences, I can wholeheartedly recommend Khomo to anyone looking for a good quality and reasonably priced tablet case.

[Most Compact 20000mAh Portable Charger] Anker PowerCore 20100 - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with Most Powerful 4.8A Output, PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 8 Nov. 2015
I can't really fault this item as it does exactly what it says on the tin. It charges up and then transfers this to whatever device it's connected to. It also comes with a handy mesh storage bag.

The charger was a little heavier than I expected and the shape was a little longer than I had imagined. I would have preferred it to a little shorter and a bit wider as it would have felt more secure in my pocket when walking around with it. But apart from that, I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend it to others.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but not great., 1 Nov. 2015
My review refers to the PAVOi version of this product which does the job without any dramas. The only negative point is that despite the alleged 2.5A USB output curremt, it would not charge either my ipad nor my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 quickly - I'd have been better off using their own USB power blocks and plugiing them into this.

Merrell Archeon Mid Waterproof, Men's Lace-Up Shoes - Espresso, 10 UK
Merrell Archeon Mid Waterproof, Men's Lace-Up Shoes - Espresso, 10 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but could be better, 9 Jan. 2013
Very comfortable and the waterproofing seems to be effective. However, for something with such a chunky sole, they are not as grippy as you might think. Walking around the (wet) streets of London over the new year, I slipped on several occasions. Nothing serious and I was able to recover my balance as the loss of grip had only been momentary. But there was a definite loss of traction. I'm not sure I'd feel inclined to wear these off the beaten track.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2013 1:44 PM GMT

Kensington Virtuoso Stylus for iPad - Black
Kensington Virtuoso Stylus for iPad - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggling to see the point of this....literally!, 9 Jan. 2013
It's my own fault for not scrutinizing this more thoroughly before purchasing. However when it arrived, I was amazed at just how wide the stylus part actually is - almost half as big as my finger tip itself. I had expected something significantly finer to make selecting small links on my iphone's touchscreen easier. But it was not to be. Trying to use this to scroll the screen was equally frustrating. In all honesty, I really can't see the point of this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2013 6:11 AM GMT