Profile for Jantsy > Reviews

Jantsy

Faro's Daughter
Faro's Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars Faro's Daughter, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Faro's Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I started reading Georgette Heyer books when I was about 14, and today have a full set of dog eared, much loved and well beloved books whose page edges are yellowing in a box in the attic. Over the years I have taken them out and revisited each one with all the joy of seeing an old friend. Now I am recollecting them on my Kindle. Faro's DaughterQuite recently I happened to see a programme in which Stephen Fry, to my amazement, stated that he too is a devotee......who would have thought that?

Stephen Fry's review MUST be of more value than mine...so I will quote him...."Georgette Heyer is the authentic voice of the Georgian Period." I agree totally, to label them only as Historical Romantic Fiction, is to belittle them. Her characters are believable, the settings exist in your imagination as you read, and almost from page one she manages to make you care about the characters and the outcomes of their adventures. Read Faro's Daughter only if you are prepared to then buy ALL her books....one will not be enough!