Profile for D. A. Longstaff > Reviews

Content by D. A. Longstaff

D. A. Longstaff "DL" (Hampshire, England)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Product! AVOID!!!, 27 Oct. 2013
Having purchased these for my 14 year old daughter I was very sad to find that they would be cropped trousers on anyone over 4 feet tall. They are marketed as full length trousers for women, yet despite my daughter being nowhere near full height (she is around 5 feet tall) they sit far above her ankles. I contacted the seller to query it and I was told no one else had complained and that they were fine. I pointed out they are marketed for grown women and shown as full length, which they clearly are not with an inside leg of barely 26" (Next state an inside leg for petite sizes (i.e. shorter women) is 27.5", and for regular heights 29", so these are clearly far shorter than that)and even photographed them. As faulty, I have returned them and the seller refuses to refund postage costs to get them to me, or for the return, they have only refund the product, in spite of raising an Amazon A to Z claim. So for a so-called 'bargain' I am still out of pocket by £6.69 total postage, which I am still chasing via Amazon. So far in time, effort and postage I am significantly poorer. Don't purchase these 'bargain' joggers, unless you are aged 10 or very, very short indeed, because they aren't full length! And the seller is VERY unhelpful. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Removable Vinyl Wall Sticker Mural Decal Art - Dancing Butterflies and Tree Branch + Vivid Live Laugh Love

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 10 Dec. 2012
I purchased the above item, but question whether I got the end of a run before it changed as the text style on mine is different. It was applied exactly as instructed onto a newly painted, very clean wall, with very clean hands, and had not previously been handled at all. Although a beautiful design, it continually peeled off the wall. It was delivered in a tube, so was tightly rolled, and was stored in the tub for a few weeks until application, so perhaps that was part of the problem. But we Googled for advice and even tried cleaning the wall with surgical spirit and leaving it to dry before reapplying. In the end we had to apply a thin coat of PVA over the product to encourage it to stay on the wall. If it does not stick this time I shall be after a refund! And we are professional decorators, so if it doesn't work for us, it probably won't work! So overall, a stunning and effective design, but poor quality and would not stick. Makes us nervous of trying others now.

The Big Picture Story Bible
The Big Picture Story Bible
by David Helm

5.0 out of 5 stars The most brilliant children's Bible, 1 Nov. 2008
I have to say I agree completely with all the other 5 star reviews. This is the most amazing children's Bible I have ever seen (and with four children and their friends I have seen A LOT!). It is the Gospel, it is the tale of God's love for mankind, it is deep yet simple. The words are very well written and the pictures are simply gorgeous. In all it is thoroughly amazing. I have bought one for my family and one for a friend's family. Well worth the money; a great investment and good value.

Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Non Stick Carbon Steel Wok
Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Non Stick Carbon Steel Wok
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money!, 10 Oct. 2008
This product is indeed very heavy and seemed well made but the non stick stopped working, then came off in our food after only a few months. Got offered a replacement pan by Amazon but refused on the grounds that its useless. My last non stick wok was Tefal and lasted twelve years. You get what you pay for.

Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Non Stick Carbon Steel Wok
Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Non Stick Carbon Steel Wok
Offered by Harts Of Stur

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Wok!, 10 Oct. 2008
After reading the other review and noting the great price I invested in this wok after my old Tefal wok of 12 years finally gave up and lost its non stick. There is a reason this wok is cheap. It is heavy and seems well made at first but after a couple of months (used approximately 2/3 times a month) the food started to stick when cooking - but I thought no big deal. Now the non stick is coming off in the food and the remaining gaps are rusting. Amazon offered a replacement but it's so bad I refused a replacement pan! We cared for this wok and it just isn't worth the money.

Linvoy Primus: Transformed
Linvoy Primus: Transformed
by Linvoy Primus

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to know the meaning of life?, 12 Sept. 2007
This book is not just for football fans but a highly readable account of one man's life. Not being remotely interested in football myself I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and interesting this was to read and lends a fascinating insight into a game that half the country seems obsessed about (I still haven't worked out why!). It shows that football is not all about money and celebrity, but these are real people working in an often cut-throat environment. The book also charts Mr Primus' conversion into Christianity and dispels some of the myths around this often misunderstood faith. The book clearly describes the transformation of a boy often suffering from crippling self-confidence to the peaceful, happy, faith-filled man he is today. I can also reiterate what many a TV pundit has said - that Mr Primus is not only an excellent role model but one of the nicest people you could hope to meet (I have been privileged enough to do so). I highly recommend this thoroughly enjoyable and readable book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2008 11:50 PM GMT

How to Succeed at Being Yourself: Finding the Confidence to Fulfill Your Destiny
by Joyce Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars What a revelation - set free at last!, 15 Jun. 2007
I believe that certain books speak to us at certain times, so I don't expect everyone to be perhaps as impacted as I have been by this book. However I can honestly say that the things God has revealed to me through this book have changed me and set me free for life.

I have been a Christian for a long time and take my walk with God very seriously, for I long to hear 'Well done good and faithful servant' when I finally meet Jesus. However I had no idea that in doing so I was trying to earn God's love.

For years it has felt as though God had cornered me and no matter where I tried to turn I was made to wait, or doors were shut. Honestly, I felt like God was a little mean. But I accepted it and kept waiting for His instructions.

In reading this book it is as though God's love has exploded in my heart! The chains have fallen off, my eyes have been opened and I finally know in my heart there's not a thing I can do to make him love me any more than he already does, and boy, does he love me (and you)! The fear of making mistakes or 'wasting time' has gone. And I am set free to be my own unique expression of God's love - I am free to be me without fear of what others think or having to conform.

I can thoroughly recommend this book if any of the above speaks to you, or if you are fed up of continually having to please others with no time left for yourself. Even if none of this speaks to you I am certain you will get something from this. I can also thoroughly recommend any other book of Joyce Meyer's (The EveryDay Bible is wonderful) or any other tape or teaching material. Also check out her website [...] . She is one anointed lady, who can help you get to know the Living God for yourself (not just know about Him, but actually know Him in relationship).