Profile for Marie > Reviews

Content by Marie

Marie

Page: 1 | 2
HuaYang Mini LCD Screen Step Counter Pedometer Clip Weight Calorie Loss f. Walk Running(Blue)
Offered by HuaYang(Overseas Shipping)

2.0 out of 5 stars It works, BUT..., 27 Jun 2014
To be fair on this product, it DOES work, in spite of the very low price, but it clicks with every step, making it unbearably irritating... A real shame

4 x Dry Wipe Board Marker Pens - Black
4 x Dry Wipe Board Marker Pens - Black
Offered by GBP International

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 6 Jun 2014
The first two ran out after a day - even at such a low price, this is very poor value for money. I have bought pens at double the price which have lasted more than 10 times longer - very disappointing.

Try these instead:

4 Whiteboard Drywipe Marker Pens Bullet Tip 4 Colours Green Red Blue Black Top Quality Ink For Removal With Dry Cloth White Barrel Non - Toxic Ink
Offered by Product Nation

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 6 Jun 2014
Great pens for such a low price. I've already ordered a second pack - these have lasted much, much longer than other similar items. Recommended.

Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy
Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Jan 2014
Very effective as a lip balm, and leaves your lips with a pretty pink colour. Highly recommended - a must have!

Vaseline Paint the Town Red Lip Therapy - Limited Edition - Lip Balm - 20g
Vaseline Paint the Town Red Lip Therapy - Limited Edition - Lip Balm - 20g

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money, 30 Jan 2014
Having previously purchased the Rosy Vaseline, I was hoping that this product would be similar, but in red. However, I was very wrong. The texture of this one is quite different from other Vaseline items - it lacks the thickness that makes the others so unique, and is therefore less effective as a lip balm. Moreover, although it looks a vibrant dark red in the tin, it barely leave any colour when applied on the lips (unlike the Rosy one). Overall, I can't believe I spent £3.50 on a product of lesser quality to the standard £1 tins of Vaseline. Do not make the same mistake as me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2014 12:10 AM GMT

SODIAL(TM) Mickey Mouse Face Shape Cookie Cutter
SODIAL(TM) Mickey Mouse Face Shape Cookie Cutter
Offered by ULTRA TOP-Dispatched From HongKong

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely present for Disney fans, 26 Dec 2013
I bought this as a present for a friend who really loved it. I was worried about the quality of this item due to its low price, but it looks sturdy enough. A great stocking filler for any Disney fan!

Sterling Flower Stud Earrings Silver - SIZE:7mm 5185. Shipped in our quality Silver Gift Box by 1st class mail
Offered by Silver Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely lovely, 26 Dec 2013
I got these earrings for Christmas and really loved them. They are just so pretty and look a lot more expensive than they cost. My only very slight issue is that it is quite difficult to remove the back, but this might be just because they are new. But a great present.

Contigo Aria 300 ml Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug, Blue
Contigo Aria 300 ml Autoseal Stainless Steel Travel Mug, Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 18 Sep 2013
I was very excited when I first received this product as a present as it seemed to be of high quality, working extremely well, etc. The product was so good that I had to order another one to avoid everyone in my house constantly borrowing mine. When the second one arrived however, we were disappointed by the fact that the lock on the second one was much weaker than the first, rendering it almost useless. This was a real shame as I felt that the lock was one of the best features in the design.

Gelato: Italian Ice Creams, Sorbetti, and Granite
Gelato: Italian Ice Creams, Sorbetti, and Granite
by Pamela Sheldon Johns

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Aug 2012
I bought this as a present for my father who had recently acquired an ice cream machine and wanted to make Italian-style ice cream. This book offers a good range of recipes, including gelato, sorbets, granitas and a range of accompaniments - such as chocolate meringues and brioche. Overall, all recipes that we have attempted have been great successes, especially the stracciatella gelato (which might have been the best ice cream I have ever eaten had it not been ever so slightly too sweet for my palate). One big plus with these recipes was that unlike many gelato recipes, these require very little preparation time (no standing over them for 10min, very carefully monitoring them).

The only slight issue is that this book does not offer the enormous range offered by some cookbooks, which has lead to my father and I now considering getting another ice cream cookbook(such as 'The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas and Sweet Accompaniments'). On the other hand, this book did keep us busy for two years... And if you value quality over quantity, then this book is probably for you.

Overall, a brilliant buy which I highly recommend to anyone who is new (or not!) to ice cream making, and a great present for anyone.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 5:36 PM BST

DupeOf[B002BSHHS2] Amethyst iPanda iPod Speaker Dock - Black And White
DupeOf[B002BSHHS2] Amethyst iPanda iPod Speaker Dock - Black And White

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 May 2012
I've now had mine for over 2 years and still adore it. Very cute looking and the sound quality is amazing for the price. I completely recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend £100+ on speakers.

Page: 1 | 2