Profile for Al > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Carry Me Back
Carry Me Back

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Carry Me Back (Audio CD)
I got this for Christmas. It's 28 December and I must have listened to it 10 times already. It's my first Old Crow Medicine Show album and I've logged on to Amazon to buy my next one...

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too sweet - not for a novice, 23 Dec. 2012
I am not an experienced baker, so when I had finished the vanilla cupcakes I thought I had done soemthing wrong as they were so sweet that I felt light headed and frankly a bit sick after eating one. But when I compared the recipe to those in other books, I could see that the Hummingbird recipes use enormous quantities of sugar. There are scores of Amazon reviewers who agree with this (and the Hummingbird's own website even discusses the sweetness of its recipes)! So I'd say don't buy this if you're a beginner, as you won't have the knowledge to decide if a recipe isn't going to turn out right before you start.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Slackers album, 4 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Lost and Found (Audio CD)
I love the Slackers. We've seen them live numerous times, and I have several albums. This one is my favourite. I'd also strongly recommend Vic Ruggiero's solo stuff if you haven't explored that already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suncase cases are brilliant, 4 Nov. 2012
I've had this case for nearly a year and it hasn't deteriorated in any way - it is still a snug fit and continues to look good even though it's been rattling round in my jumbled handbag all this time. I would highly recommend.

Life As We Know It [DVD] [2010]
Life As We Know It [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Katherine Heigl
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 4 Nov. 2012
I love Katherine Heigl films, and having read other reviews I though this film would be a good un. We switched it off after about 20 minutes. The two central characters seem hardly bothered at all about their best mates' deaths, and then they try in a 'comedy' fashion to relieve themselves of their responsibility of looking after the dead parents' child. It is in such bad taste. Awful film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2014 4:11 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Dec. 2011
The claws holding the gems seem firm and the silver is solid. They look lovely (just like the picture) and the packaging was excellent - nice presentation box that arrived in perfect condition.

Silver Amethyst 5mm Round Claw Set Stud Earring
Silver Amethyst 5mm Round Claw Set Stud Earring
Offered by Gembrand Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Dec. 2011
Great quality product - claws have a firm grip on the stone, silver is not flimsy and backs fit well. The picture on Amazon is a good representation of the actual product. Packaging was great.

Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by deep deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant vac, 29 Dec. 2011
We bought this vac after hours of research and I am really glad we chose it. I am not very strong and had difficulty using a previous Dyson as it was too heavy, and because it was so large that it was useless in tight spots and I had to constantly switch from using it as an upright to using the wand + attachments.

The vax is light and slim so I can hoover many more tight spots without switching from using it as an upright to using the wand + attachments. It is easy to empy so the fact that it has a relatively small drum is not a problem - as it means it is lighter I am totally happy with that. Also the super long hose makes cleaning the stairs a doddle.

In addition, the 6 year guarantee is brilliant. There is a little sticker on the vac with a number to ring if it breaks down. It specifically says not to contact the retailer and call Vax directly.

Dark Purple Large Glass Candlestick - P&P Included
Dark Purple Large Glass Candlestick - P&P Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely purple glass candlestick, 11 Nov. 2011
The likeness to the picture is spot on, the candle sticks are good quality and were packaged well. I'm really pleased, and would certainly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality pen, 22 Mar. 2011
I bought this pen as a gift for a friend, after being impressed with a Louis Codan pen that I was given as a a gift. It looks just like it does in the picture and is of good quality. The presentation box is also excellent. I cannot fault it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3