Profile for Fiona Mc > Reviews

Content by Fiona Mc

Fiona Mc "Fiona Mc" (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 15 Mar. 2015
Iovely cross stitch kit, easy to make (approx 2 -3 hours) with clear instructions. It looks beautiful. Have given it as gifts and the recepients have been very impressed. I purchased this kit in a store so cannot comment on the seller.

Les Misérables Live! Dream the Dream 2010 Cast Album (25th Anniversary)
Les Misérables Live! Dream the Dream 2010 Cast Album (25th Anniversary)
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jun. 2013
Great quality cd recording that includes all the songs. I've listened to other versions and this is definately one of the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional finish, 6 Jun. 2013
Easy to usen and sew onto cushion from!nt, gives a professional finish, would be nice if it came in a choice of other colours e.g black. But overall great finish, fabric is softer than it looks in the image photo.

Ideal Textiles 16x16 Cushion Inner Pad
Ideal Textiles 16x16 Cushion Inner Pad
Offered by LINEN LOVERS

1.0 out of 5 stars Thin cushion, rubbish don't purchase, 6 Jun. 2013
The cushion arrived in good time however it is extremely thin and the sizing is smaller due to this. To fill a cushion you would need 3-4 of these cushion pads. DO NOT PUrCHASE
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 9:17 PM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kit, 27 April 2012
Kit arrived very quickly. Easy to sew as the patterns printed onto the fabric. Lots of thread provided I was left over with quite a bit of thread.... Would definately recommend it..the finished product looks just like the picture (although cushion back is not included)

A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R. R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Mar. 2012
Excellent value for money. The books are all gripping. I first started reading the books after being sucked in by the hbo series and found the books were even better. There are so many twists and turns throughout and excellent character development. I found myself gasping in disbelief at some of the turns that occurred in book three especially.... However I felt that book four slid down in excellence with the story dragging out.

Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)
Mockingjay (part III of The Hunger Games Trilogy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending, 7 Mar. 2012
After reading the first 2 books which I literally couldn't put down I was eager to find out how it would all conclude. My enthusiasm slowly waned the more I read. The book was not as gripping as the previous ones and I found myself getting irritated by the path the story line was taking. I felt most of the turns in the story were desperate attempts to conclude it all and fill out a book rather than adding much to the trilogy. The final chapter irritated me the most...after a very major turn in events and a realisation of it's causes the story comes to an abrupt end with little explanation in the change of characters especially Peeta. I loved the first 2 books, however found the third a bitter disappointment. However if you've read the other two you won't be able to stop yourself from reading it.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable sequel, 7 Mar. 2012
Enjoyable sequel that focuses more on the characters and their development. Excellent twists and more entertaining than the first book that was more predictable.

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read...not a battle royale rio off, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
I was initially sceptical about reading the hunger games as it looked like a battle royale rip off. However unlike battle royale the fight to the death concept is the background to story lines focusing on the main character and her society.I was pleasantly surprised and found this an enjoyable read. I couldn't put the book down and found myself up until 4 am reading it. For anyone who enjoys dystopian books I would recommend this. It reminded me a lot of matched by ally condie. Definitely worth the read. I was a little disappointed with the final book in the trilogy, as the ending wasn't great.

I Heart New York (I Heart Series, Book 1)
I Heart New York (I Heart Series, Book 1)
by Lindsey Kelk

3.0 out of 5 stars easy to read cheesy romance...., 24 Aug. 2010
I began reading this novel out of boredom, as it was the only book available that I hadn't read.... but it strangely was quite good. I have mixed feelings about this book. The book follows the tried and tested chiclit formula - girl is wronged (so we like her), then has men falling all over her feet and her life works out better than before, its written well enough that you get sucked in and enjoy the adventures of Angela, living vicariously through her and experiencing many green eyed monster moments.

The book is about a lady called Angela who catches her fiance sleeping with a woman at her best friends wedding. After realising everyone knew about the affair she jets of to New York and winds up at the first hotel she sees where she meets the most friendly woman in the world who just happens to work at the hotel and takes her under her wing (Jenny).... she then proceeds to give her a makeover and the new Angela suddenly finds men flinging themselves at her feet, but these are not just ordinary men, they are hot rich bankers and rock stars...Which brings me onto my mixed feelings about the book. Its so idealistic that you can't help but indulge in the romance but at the same time its just to unrealistic, which is both the downfall and strength in the book. It paints a fantasy world, which you can't help but wish you were in, but at the same time you fell like the story is ridiculous.

In what world do people go out on a limb to befriend complete strangers, turning them into their new best friend and helping them in all aspects of their life??? And please tell me where I can go from someone who no one pays notices to one who pin ups are fawning over?? That world is supposedly New York .... So I guess I heart new york.

Desite my mixed feelings on the book, I'll probably end up reading the other I heart books so.... if like me, you fancy a nice easy to read romantic read I would recommend it, but be prepared that it is of the cheesy unrealistic kind.

Page: 1 | 2