Profile for Bear > Reviews

Bear

eLifeStore® HTC One X Cradle Charger Docking Station Black
eLifeStore® HTC One X Cradle Charger Docking Station Black
Offered by eLifeStore Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great but not with a case unless you get your knife out, 3 July 2012
When I purchased the dock I expected it to work with a hard shell case (I purchased this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Z1Q1S2/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00) however it does not. I also expected it to rotate the main screen of the phone when docked but it also doesn't. Apparently after reading a few other reviews this behaviour is only exhibited with the official htc dock which costs ~ £50 thus I'm not going to complain since this dock is a fifth of the price. There are several apps on the market that force the device to rotate even if its not rooted. Considering the price, I'm also not going to moan about the fact that it doesn't fit with a case as I'm not sure the official one does.

To make it fit, I dissembled the device and cut the bridge away and made the opening where the connector pops through wider. It was trial and error but in the end I made it fit and it works a treat. A small price to pay in terms of effort to make the £10 dock work with a case. It would have been much easier with a file or sandpaper but I didn't have any to hand.

Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000
Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment with the range, 24 May 2011
Nice feel to it but really disappointed with the range of the wireless especially considering the large receiver. Effective range in line of site is less than 2m. I also bought a logitech one which was cheaper and a tiny sensor, smaller than a pen drive and this is much better.

Victorinox Black Leather Pouch (2-4 Layer)
Victorinox Black Leather Pouch (2-4 Layer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Leather Pouch, does exactly what it says on the tin :-), 6 Jan 2011
Great leather pouch, fits the climber very well. Its well made and looks very professional. Can't understand why others have commented that the velcro is hard to open. Its dead easy, can be done eyes free. I'm able to remove my knife very easily without looking and put it back in again. The velcro keeps the flap nice and secure.