ARRAY(0xbb201678)

Profile for Luke > Reviews

Content by Luke

Luke (Birmingham, U.K)

War Master's Gate (Shadows of the Apt Book 9)
War Master's Gate (Shadows of the Apt Book 9)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Sep 2013
I enjoyed this book a great deal, the usual devastation that comes with Tchaikovsky's sudden deaths and battle scenes but a really good book. I found myself putting it down just so I could increase the amount of time I spent reading it!

Can't wait for the final book, if it is the final one?!?

Empire in Black and Gold (Shadows of the Apt Book 1)
Empire in Black and Gold (Shadows of the Apt Book 1)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bee's knees, 22 Mar 2013
OK, I have just finished The Air Wars which is currently the most recent in the Shadows of the Apt series and cannot wait for the final two!

First thing, these books are HUGE and I have ended up sacrificing a great deal of my time just to carry on reading them.

The first book Empire of Black and Gold was great however it feels a little daunting when you first start as you don’t really understand what is happening, who the characters are etc. but stick with it as by the first 3rd of the book you feel like you have a better grip on things and they start to make sense.

I won’t say what happens in any of them as I don’t want to spoil it but these are a fantastic read. Now I’m stuck with the horrible feeling of moving onto a different series until the next book is published!

Dressing Up
Dressing Up
Price: 3.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dressing Up (Kindle Edition)
Ok so there is one reason why it never got a 5 star, and it's stupid reason but really got on my nerves; the author uses the words `supposed' and `figured' an obscene amount and by the third chapter this has really began to bug me. Anyway other than that I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I read it in a day and actually experienced a very different story to what some other people have commented in their reviews. I found the story line to be quite sad and really pulled at my heartstrings rather than making me laugh; I just want to give Skipper a hug; that said I also found myself getting very angry about some of the things that happen. Whilst there are quite a few very erotic sex scenes (!) I was able to appreciate the relationship development too.

Not the most ground-breaking piece of work but very good all the same.

Boy Meets Boy
Boy Meets Boy
by David Levithan

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
I really do not understand what this book is about? The story is set in some strange town where apparently nobody has an opinion and everybody is happy about everything, the whole thing just feels ridiculous. I stopped reading half way through because the story is so weak and the writing is poor; I read a great deal especially Gay fiction and love stories however the characters, plot, generally the whole book just made me feel quite nauseous.

Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
by Joe Keenan
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite my lucky star, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Blue Heaven (Paperback)
I know many people have said that they feel blue heaven is Keenen's best but it just didn't quite do if for me as much as My Lucky star (the 3rd in the series), however having said that it is an extremely witty and clever novel and once again the plot line is very well constructed. A fantastic read and one that i really recommend just lacking that little extra that i have loved in Keenan's other work which is why it only just looses that 5th star!

My Lucky Star
My Lucky Star
by Joe Keenan
Price: 7.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet yourself funny!, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: My Lucky Star (Paperback)
This is the first Keenan novel i have read but i thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so i have already ordered the other two novels. Keenan creates a fantastic story, both hilarious and yet has a complexity this makes the novel very compelling; It is wonderfully refreshing to have a gay novel that doesn't depend totally on sex, drugs and clubs to create drama. The only thing i would say is it may be worth reading the other two novels first as although the story is separate the characters are the used throughout, i feel i may have missed some of the story as i didn't know the history, although Keenan uses an hilarious aside style recap to fill you in; i do pity poor Amos!
Read this novel, just be warned you may spend too much time trying to memorise some of the quotes!