Profile for BabaBo > Reviews

Dvd ~ Dakota Fanning
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The saddest film I've ever seen, 1 Dec 2012
This film is such an emotional ride. I went to see it twice at the cinema and really loved it. The actors are all amazing - Dakota did a great job and her British accent is impressive. I was also impressed by Jeremy Irvine who the girls will love. It was also nice to see Kaya Scodelario from Skins who plays Dakota's best friend in the film.

Although I say it's the saddest film I've ever seen, it has lots of laughs which is great. When the film ended no one got up for their seats... Everyone was sat there in silence and most people were crying including men! This film definitely stayed with me and I could not stop thinking about it. I have never been affected so much by a film so bravo to the great writer/director Ol Parker.

Another highlight of the film is the soundtrack - Wow! Songs wise we are treated to the likes of Lana Del Rey, M83, Ellie Goulding and many others. The score is by Dustin O'Halloran is really something special and adds a lot of emotions to the scenes.

To wrap up - You will love this film if you enjoy a good tear-jerker but I would say it would be enjoyed by a varied audience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 10:56 PM GMT

Retreat [Blu-ray]
Retreat [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you gripped!, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Retreat [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I loved this film so much. It keeps you gripped throughout and the ending will shock you! Some stunning cinematography (it was filmed in North Wales and some aerial shots from Scotland) stand out performances and a great score. Highly recommended!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2011 12:06 PM BST

A Lonely Place To Die [Blu-ray]
A Lonely Place To Die [Blu-ray]
Price: 9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding British thriller!, 10 Oct 2011
I had the chance to see 'A Lonely Place to Die' at a screening in London recently and I was really blown away by it! The film is full of stunning cinematography and the aerial shots are beautiful on the big screen. The film opens with one hell of an intense scene with three of the characters 3000ft up a mountain. The way the director Julian Gilbey shot these scenes are extremely impressive and make it look like it is the actual actors up there. It does take a while for the film to get going but we do get to find out more about the characters and really connect with them.

The action really gets going when the characters find the kidnapped girl and we are quickly lead to my favourite scene in the film where two of the characters have to take a short cut for help down a dangerous cliff known as 'Devils Drop'. This scene was extremely nail biting and something happens to the lead character in which the whole audience gasped so loud!

The stunts in the film are really jaw-dropping and it's good to see a film that keeps CGI to a minimum so we are left with a realistic, intense and brutal film.

The acting in this film is top notch with another fantastic performance by the wonderful Melissa George. Sean Harris is also another stand out along with Ed Speleers who had a lot of good lines and laughs from the audience. Also well done to young actress Holly Boyd who plays the kidnapped girl.

Another highlight of the film was the music by Michael Richard Plowman and we are treated to a couple of beautiful Celtic songs at the start and end of the film which add a lovely touch.

This film should be well received and enjoyed by a wide audience when it's released. It is definitely one of the best British thrillers made in my honest opinion and I look forward to seeing more from the Gilbey brothers. 10/10!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2014 11:22 PM GMT

The Descent 2 [DVD]
The Descent 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shauna MacDonald
Offered by CMS MEDIA UK
Price: 5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong sequel!, 4 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Descent 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big fan of the first film and was a bit unsure when I heard they would be doing a sequel. It does seem like a film that should have been left alone. After watching the trailer I wasn't too excited but when I finally saw the film I was really taken by surprise. It's a very fun thrill ride and has one hell of a climax!

The Descent 2 [Blu-ray]
The Descent 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Shauna MacDonald
Price: 9.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong sequel!, 4 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Descent 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

The Final Destination [DVD]
The Final Destination [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bobby Campo
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie! Don't take it serious!, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Final Destination [DVD] (DVD)
This film received a lot of hate from fans but I think it's a really fun entertaining film. The speedway, although the weakest opening to the series is still very impressive and there are some great stand out scene throughout the film. Fantastic performance by Miss Haley Webb who plays Janet, she is definitely one to look out for! The 3D was excellent in the cinema but as the technology is not here yet, we only have the red and blue glasses with the DVD and Blu-ray which will wash out the colours but I'm sure it will be fun to see. Recommended!

The Final Destination in 3-D, 4 th Installment [Blu-ray]
The Final Destination in 3-D, 4 th Installment [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Bobby Campo
Price: 6.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun movie!, 10 Dec 2009
This film really received a lot of hate from fans but I think it's a really fun entertaining film. The speedway, although the weakest opening to the series is still very impressive and there are some great stand out scene throughout the film. The 3D was excellent in the cinema but as the technology is not here yet, we only have the red and blue glasses with the DVD and Blu-ray which will wash out the colours but I'm sure it will be fun to see. Recommended!

Triangle [DVD]
Triangle [DVD]
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of 2009, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Triangle [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this in the cinema twice and it blew me away! Such an interesting film and had it stuck in my head for days! Amazing performance by Melissa George and I can't wait to get my hands on the Blu-ray. It's a film im sure I can rewatch countless times and hopefully pick up things I missed.

Triangle [Blu-ray]
Triangle [Blu-ray]
Price: 9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of 2009, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: Triangle [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

This Blu-ray will sport a nifty 3D Lenticular sleeve along with the following special features:

The Making of Triangle featurette
Audio commentary with director Christopher Smith
Three storyboards (The Storm, Jess Walking Through the Mirror, The Car Crash)
Deleted scenes