Profile for Mrs. Margaret Blackman > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Margaret ...

Mrs. Margaret Blackman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Resistance Band 5.5m Yellow Level 1 Extra Light
Resistance Band 5.5m Yellow Level 1 Extra Light
Offered by The TENS + Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars More power to Seniors, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Resistance Band (Misc.)
Cut into lengths I use these bands with two classes of seniors. They are really helpful for resistance work and just the right strength for improving muscle power.

The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win

5.0 out of 5 stars The Phoenix Project sparkles, 1 Oct 2014
The Phoenix Project was chosen as a Book Club choice and I was resistant to reading it. My laptop and all the frustrations of working with it were enough stress for me, without reading about it! What a brilliant surprise when I decided to buckle down and read it.

It captured my attention from the beginning and has changed the way I think and feel about 'technology'. The book moves at high speed and gives great insight into all that goes into trying to keep systems up and running in a big business.The characters were believable and the way the story unfolds was intrigueing.

Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Child does not disappoint, 12 Sep 2014
Fast-paced. Could not put it down. Need to read it again to see if I missed anything and will enjoy it again.

Miracle Cure
Miracle Cure
by Harlan Coben

4.0 out of 5 stars A good suspense novel., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Miracle Cure (Paperback)
This was the first time I have read Harlan Coben. The book has a good pace and plot and kept me engaged throughout. The characters were well-drawn. I particularly liked the Introduction by Harlan Coben as he is very honest about this book as it was one of the first he had written in his early twenties. Looking forward to reading more of this author's work.

Night of Cake and Puppets (a Daughter of Smoke and Bone novella)
Night of Cake and Puppets (a Daughter of Smoke and Bone novella)

5.0 out of 5 stars How Suzana met the love of her life., 20 Aug 2014
This little Novella was very helpful as it explained how two of the characters from Daughter of Smoke and Bone met. I really enjoyed it. Very original writing. Romantic

Skin Game (The Dresden Files Book 15)
Skin Game (The Dresden Files Book 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Butcher has outdone himself, 11 Jun 2014
Have been a fan of the Dresden Files from the beginning of the series. Skin Game lives up to Jim Butcher's high standards. I was carried along by the pace and thoughtfulness of the writing. He weaves characters from previous books seamlessly into Skin Game and I was so sorry to reach the end and realise that I would have to wait another year to see what happens to this exciting and imaginative plot.

The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More, Exercise Less, Lose Weight, and Live Better
The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More, Exercise Less, Lose Weight, and Live Better

5.0 out of 5 stars All the science about your body - none of the hype from the food industry, 16 Feb 2014
So clear! Explains why diets do not work and how to help yourself. I bought this publication on Kindle and am sorry about that. Will be buying the book as the tables and research were too tiny on my kindle screen. I now have a way forward that I feel confident will work for me.

Changes: The Dresden Files
Changes: The Dresden Files

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Dresden is magic, 31 Dec 2013
This series only gets better. Jim Butcher's way of writing is particularly engaging. All the character's.including the vampires are brilliantly described.

Summer Knight (The Dresden Files Book 4)
Summer Knight (The Dresden Files Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wizard for adults, 31 Dec 2013
This book adds another twist to the life of Harry Dresden. Absorbing, full of action and unexpected happenings in this ongoing saga.

Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files
Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files

5.0 out of 5 stars Never fails to please, 31 Dec 2013
One of my favourite authors. Jim Butcher is very skilled at engaging attention and writes very exciting books. He has developed Harry Dresden's character throughout the many books that he has written. The supporting characters are well drawn and the whole series zings along.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4