Profile for C. G. Troke > Reviews

Content by C. G. Troke

C. G. Troke (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Paras - The Inside Story of Britain's Toughest Regiment
The Paras - The Inside Story of Britain's Toughest Regiment
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to agree, 24 Sep 2013
I agree with the other reviews a good read from cover to cover. A great account of the formation of the Para's to the current day.

Apache
Apache
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a gripping story don't delay buy this book, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Apache (Kindle Edition)
I was gripped by this book and could not put it down. At times it felt I was there in the thick of the action. I think the story would be great if made into a movie. Fantastic account of what happens on air assaults and the life of a Apache pilot. I have read the account from Wearing the Green Beret by Jake Olafson when L/cpl Mathew Ford was killed. It was a much better account by Ed Macy. A fantastic read. And shame on the government of that time, yet again exposed their lack of regard and funding for wars they created but failed to back. Leaving soldiers on the ground using their grit and determination to do a great job with out the essential equipment to do the job.

Wearing the Green Beret: A Canadian with the Royal Marine Commandos
Wearing the Green Beret: A Canadian with the Royal Marine Commandos
Price: 7.37

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 15 July 2013
It was good to hear about the basic training and the endurance required to become a commando. I have no regrets buying the book and enjoyed reading about his tours of duty.

Trigger Time
Trigger Time
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Trigger Time, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Trigger Time (Kindle Edition)
Reading the reviews I almost gave this book a miss. I am so glad I did not. To catch up on
behind the scenes of the Gulf War and if it was not for Mick Flynns quick thinking and determination without going into touch detail here, a great many more soldiers may have been killed before the gulf war ended and may have gone on for a lot longer. I enjoyed reading this book and I am glad Mr Flynn got his medals and recognition for his gallant war effort. A big thank you to his wife for supporting him.

Bullet Magnet: Britain's Most Highly Decorated Frontline Soldier
Bullet Magnet: Britain's Most Highly Decorated Frontline Soldier
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Bullet Magnet, 30 Jun 2013
I was attracted to this book by the title. First half of the book I thought I made a error buying it as it was going into dating girlfriends to much, but second half made up for the first. A lot of where and what Mick Flynn wrote about I could reflect upon as I was in the services myself and visited the same places before Flynn. I do recommend his follow up book Trigger Time. And it is also a good account of the weaponry or lack of it and poor vehicles that the troops had to suffer during their tours in combat. Members of parliament should hang their heads in shame. Very quick to go to war but not quick enough to spend the money on equipment. And how many times do we have to read that soldiers are down to a few men and not enough ammunition to last a few more hours and so close to all the unit being killed. It's down to those few men who have never given up and fought against all odds, they survived by true grit and not by being given the tools for the job.

Speck PixelSkin HD Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Speck PixelSkin HD Clip-On Case Cover for iPhone 5/5S - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Speck Pixelskin, 30 Jun 2013
I had the speck on my iPhone 4 and was very happy with the case. I was a little apprehensive about buying one for the iPhone 5 when reviews said it does not fit well. I can conclude it fits perfect and have no issues.

Cabins & Cottages
Cabins & Cottages
by Edited by John Kelsey
Price: 12.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Cabin and Cottages, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Cabins & Cottages (Paperback)
This book has helped me understand how to construct a safe sturdy cottage for our garden. Good book for inspiration.

Marathon Swing Hook - Ball bearing technology for over one hour continuous swinging

5.0 out of 5 stars Marathon Swing Hook, 15 Jan 2013
Due to weather not been used yet, but received item promptly and it's easy to install. Seems to be of high quality.

The Dessert Deli
The Dessert Deli
Price: 10.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Desserts, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Dessert Deli (Kindle Edition)
This is the finest dessert cook book I have purchased. Nothing is complicated and ingredients readily available. This book will inspire all and at such a low price. This is the first book I have found that every recipe is uncomplicated to produce and no expensive catering equipment is required. Any budding caterer should have this book as a must to learn the tricks of the trade. If this book was used in schools more students would be inspired to cook.

Setting Up and Managing Your Own Coffee Bar: How to open a coffee bar that actually lasts and makes money . . . (Coffee Boys Step By Step Guide)
by John Richardson
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book!, 3 Dec 2010
John and Hugh have put so much effort into this book. It is the bible for running your Coffee bar and business. It is so well written and and is by far the best book on the market. This book is a fantastic follow on from the "Wake up and Smell the Profit". You must buy these books and listen to and follow the great advice. And it comes with 2 hours of video from the internet. Where else do you get so much help and inspiration for so little cost.

Page: 1 | 2