Profile for Fireball Dragon > Reviews

Content by Fireball Dragon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 18

Fireball Dragon (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Metal Gear Solid 5 Fox Mug (Electronic Games)
Metal Gear Solid 5 Fox Mug (Electronic Games)

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite collectors item!, 8 Jan. 2015
I purchased this mug directly from Amazon and am very impressed. This is my second MGS mug and is just as fantastic. It holds around 350mL of your favourite drink. It is well made and has a solid build and feel. I have washed it several times now (by hand) and the paint work is all intact and looking like new. The FOX icon is very impressive and large.

I highly recommend this if you are an MGS fan! Or if know someone who is, it will make a fantastic gift. It comes in an attractive box and really is a special, collectors item (whether you choose to drink from it or just keep on display). 5/5

Lumsing® 4000mAh Ultrathin Portable Power Bank External Battery Pack Backup Charger for Apple: iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s, 4, 3gs, iPad 4, iPad Air, the New iPad, iPad Mini; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2, Note 3, HTC One, Evo, Droid Dna, Motorola Atrix, Droid, Google Glass, Nexus 4, Lg Optimus and Other Usb-charged Devices (Black)
Offered by ATekCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, stylish and functional power bank, 8 Jan. 2015
I received this Lumsing power bank directly from the manufacturers for review purposes. I was very pleasantly surprised with this device, as not only has it turned out to be an excellent item to review, but a very practical and stylish item I can extensively use in my day-to-day commute. I have had the pleasure of reviewing other USB power banks, but none come close to the quality and practicality of the Lumsing. Here are my thoughts.

I am a self-proclaimed road warrior. I spend a lot of time commuting to work, all-day conferences and running events up and down the country (mostly in the summer, though!). I enjoy travelling, but am often left frustrated with my gadgets running out of power. This often means I must disable location services on my phone, keep brightness to a minimum, close apps, etc. Despite having recently upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus (which has a much improved battery life), on a very long day I can still find myself with a low battery when I return home, particularly if I am using battery intensive apps such as navigating maps over 4G. There is also the issue of having to charge my iPhone/iPad completely before leaving for a busy day. What if I forget to do so? These issues are definitely resolved by this handy power bank!

The Lumsing power bank ships in a small, stylish cardboard box which is quite attractive and would make for an ideal gift. Included is the power bank, a usb-mini usb charging cable and instructions. The power bank itself is very sleek and attractive. It is made of an ultra thin brushed aluminium, with black paintwork. Having a minimalistic design, it is only equipped with a single button to control an LED light on the device, and contains one USB port for powering your devices, and another mini USB port for charging the power bank itself.

The power bank is charged by the mini-USB port, and I normally leave mine to charge for around 3-4 hours (or overnight). The device is compact enough to fit into your bag (or even pocket) and is actually smaller than the iPhone 6 Plus itself. I mainly use it to charge my iPhone and iPad, but it can be used to charge any device that uses a USB charger. I have also tried it to work with my Kindle Paperwhite and PS Vita.

The only slight niggle about this device that comes to mind is the limited battery capacity, but that is a very fair compromise considering the small weight, size and footprint of the device. Being highly portable and able to charge any depleted devices twice-over means it has plenty of juice to last any road junkie a whole day without having to worry about restricting normal usage on their gadgets. Conclusively, I would highly recommend this device. 5/5

Silicon Power 32GB USB 2.0 Firma ZN F80 Flash Drive - Silver/Grey/Aluminium
Silicon Power 32GB USB 2.0 Firma ZN F80 Flash Drive - Silver/Grey/Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and high quality USB stick, 7 Jan. 2015
I received this item from the manufacturers to review. I own a number of USB sticks and am frequently on the go. The nature of my work means that I often have to transfer files quickly and when wifi connections are slow, I often use USB sticks. Fortunately, this Solicon Power 32GB stick does not disappoint.

I have been using this particular USB stick for around 6 weeks now. The design of the stick is very attractive. It is a silver aluminium, and has a circular handle which allows for easy insertion/removal for your USB slot. Being a very small size (the size of a small key) it is ideal for commuters who need a fair amount of storage on the go.

The stick was quickly recognised by my Macbook dragging and dropping data files/images was quick and easy. This is a standard USB 2.0 device, and upload and download speeds were very quick, and without any issues.

I can highly recommend this USB stick. You may struggle to find the same build quality and reliability in this price range.

Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Philips AECS7000E/00 WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for FaceTime calls!, 7 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a highly portable conference speaker. Containing four microphones, it picks up sound from just about anywhere. Connection to my Macbook was quick and easy. I now use this speaker for making FaceTime/Skype calls. There is an LED light to show when a call is active, mute and charging.

Sound quality is much clearer than my using my Macbook alone, and background noise has definitely been reduced due to noise cancellation technology in the speaker. I found battery life to be very good, lasting around 7 or 8 hours on a full charge. The small size and included pouch mean that this speaker is very portable, too.

All in all, a great device which I highly recommend. 5/5

Philips InSight Wireless HD Home Video Monitor
Philips InSight Wireless HD Home Video Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to view your home!, 7 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been wanting to incorporate some form of video recording/monitoring in my home for some time. I have a home security system, however, the concept of being able to look at what is going on in my home when I am not there is a step above. There are quite a few home video monitors on the market, but the high price point and below average reviews always kept me from getting one. I was fortunate enough to receive a single pack of the Philips wireless HD monitor, and in short, I am very impressed!

Set-up was very easy. Just by following the simple instructions, I was up and running in around 5 minutes after unboxing. The camera is plugged into the mains, via a usb charger plug. You then need to download an app onto your smart phone, called InSight HD. Enter your wifi password, a barcode then appears on your phone which you scan with the camera and voila! Your new video monitor is up and running!

I have been able to view my living room over 4G when I am out. Video quality is very clear and the wide viewing angle means I can view a large section of my home. I also have a Golden Retriever and can now also keep an eye on him when no one is home. I should further add that the camera also has a mic, so you can pick up any audio sounds. Furthermore, you can record a sound clip of up to 15 seconds when you are viewing your home from the app, and play it back through the camera. Great to tell your dog off when they are being naughty home alone!

The only slight criticism about this product is the lack of the ability to record clips. It can done, but requires a separate monthly subscription to Philips. Video clips can then be stored in the cloud on a Philips server which you can view back. Not a deal breaker for me, as I am only interested in viewing my home, but worth mentioning for anyone who wants to record, too.

All-in-all, this is a fantastic product which 'just works'. Quick set-up and no problems for me after 2 months of use and counting. Will definitely be getting a few more to put in other rooms. 5/5

Batman Ruled Journal (Insight Edition Journals)
Batman Ruled Journal (Insight Edition Journals)
by Insight Editions
Edition: Stationery

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent notebook!, 29 Dec. 2014
I am a huge notebook fan and love Moleskine products. This was my first venture into Insight Edition journals and I am most satisfied (I received this as a Christmas gift).

The notebook is a good size (21.3 x 13.7cm) and contains just under 200 pages. There is a page divider thread as well as a sleeve/pocket at the back of the notebook to store cards, paper scraps, etc. However, the main attraction of this notebook is the Batman embossed front and back hardcovers. The Batman logo is large, yet subtle, and the design work on the hardcover is indented into the notebook (and not just a printed pattern).

The Batman theme transcends throughout the notebook, with a few pages written by the Dark Knight himself in the beginning. Most inspiring. I am very pleased with this notebook and have already pre-ordered the Superman edition. 5/5

Silicon Power 1TB 2.5 inch USB 3.0/2.0 Rugged Armor A80 Military Grade Portable External Hard Drive - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travellers, 29 Dec. 2014
I received this Silicon Power 1TB USB hard drive to review. After having spend almost a month with the device giving it a thorough testing, here are my thoughts.

In todays technological age, no amount of hard drive space seems to be sufficient. I have backed my Macbook up with a Time Machine back-up, have cloud storage and keep important documents of USB sticks. However, always find myself in a shortage of hard drive space, especially as files become larger in HD (and more recently, 4k quality). The hard drive itself is well packaged and comes compete with a usb cable to connect to your computer, which also neatly tucks away inside the hard drive (as shown in the picture). The included cable is not too long, so ideal for commuters.

Although the hard drive itself is made from plastic, it is very strong and durable, and quite attractive in colour, too.The manufacturers claim it is very durable to "military grade" standards, being water, pressure, dust and shock proof. I have admittedly not tested the hard drive under such parameters, but it is reassuring to know that the drive could withstand a potential knock off the table!

I am using this hard drive with my late-2012 rMBP. I am no hard drive expert, but have been very satisfied with the read/write speeds. I have actually stored my entire iTunes library on this drive, and playback has been comparable with the internal hard drive.
The drive itself is USB 3.0, and definitely an improvement over its predecessor USB 2.0, (however, is compatible with USB 2.0 devices as well).

With its compact size and pleasing aesthetics, I can definitely recommend this hard drive to other people who spend a lotto time on the road and need additional storage space. 5/5

Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer
Braun Thermoscan IRT 3020 Compact Ear Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, precise and highly convenient!, 26 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first experience with using an ear thermometer. Fortunately, I have not had a temperature in years, and used to use the under-tongue ones I recall from my childhood!

Tis thermometer is gently inserted in the outer ear canal, and is most comfortable. Disposable lens filters are included. The temperature is recorded via infrared. Recordings are very quick and the display can show your reading in both degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit. I have used this thermometer a number of times now (mostly on healthy individuals) and recordings have been consistent and in-line with expected values (~37.5'C). I can commend both the accuracy and precision of this instrument.

I hope I never need to use it as intended, but can take some reassurance knowing that the values it displays will be an accurate representation of my body temperature! 5/5

Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, Blue Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases
Pinzon Everyday Cotton Double, Blue Duvet Set with 2 pillowcases

4.0 out of 5 stars Good feel sheets, 26 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This blue duvet set comes with a duvet cover and two matching pillow cases. I have used the set with a 200cmx200cm duvet and the fit is perfect. I have now washed the item 4 times, and colour fade has not been noted. The sheets are a little difficult to iron (being cotton) and does leave some minor creases. For this reason I would advise not drying these sheets in the tumble dryer. The cotton is soft and provides a comfortable sleep. Conclusively, I can recommend these sheets. 4/5

Ring Automotive RCT2 Emergency Travel Kit
Ring Automotive RCT2 Emergency Travel Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for motorists, 26 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an absolutely essential kit every car should have. Should you be involved in a road traffic collision or breakdown, this travel kit will keep you covered. All contents are in a small pouch which has velcro fastening and 'sticks' to the bottom of the boot in your car (preventing it from sliding about). The kit contains a number of accessories including a warning triangle, high vis jacket, torch and jump leads.

I have not had the chance to use most of the items in the kit yet (hopefully I never do!), but the items I have looked at are all of a good quality. The high vis jacket is very large (but let's face it, fashion it is not designed for fashion or a perfect fit!). The torch seems bright and the other accessories are all well packed inside.

All in all, I can recommend this kit to fellow motorists for peace of mind should the worst happen on the road. 5/5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20