Profile for Fireball Dragon > Reviews

Content by Fireball Dragon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 17

Fireball Dragon (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
CSX Dual Ab Roller Exercise Wheel with Extra Thick Knee Pad Mat and Comfort Foam Handles - Double Pro Abdominal Exercise Wheel - Great Fitness Workout for Abs |18 Month Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Ab Roller I have used., 19 Mar. 2015
I purchased this Dual Ab Roller, purely based on all the other positive reviews. Suffice to say, I agree with them. I have been using this Ab Roller since July last year, and have seen a huge improvement in my core, which has assisted significantly in achieving significant PBs in all my running events last year.

The Ab Roller comes unassembled, but is very easy to put together, taking under a minute. There is a foam mat included, to protect your knees when rolling on a hard surface. In the past 8 months of use, I have not noticed and wear or tear; the Ab Roller is very well constructed.

Conclusively, I would recommend this device for anyone in the market for this product who is looking to either shape their core, or improve the athletic performance, as a strong core is essential for almost every sport! 5/5

Lego Lights DC Super Heroes Batman Keylight
Lego Lights DC Super Heroes Batman Keylight
Offered by Neat Treats

5.0 out of 5 stars First try!!, 19 Mar. 2015
This is a great keyring which I initially saw around Christmas 2014 in the shops, but did not purchase. Since then, I could not find it anywhere, so was very excited to see it appear on Amazon!

I am a huge Batman and lego fan, so this Keylight novelty keyring was a great purchase. It is of a very study and high quality finish, and bigger than normal lego figure, with a few nice touches. Pressing the button on Batman's chest will make his feet light up, which contain LED lights. Now these are 'very' bright, and I would not recommend looking directly at them! A few other nice features include a material cape and pulling up The Dark Knights helmet will show his eyes!

A great little keyring I would highly recommend to Batman fans as a lovely gift. 5/5

Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre
Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre
Offered by The Cheshire Coffee Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Costa at home!, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre (Misc.)
My favourite signature hot drink at Costa coffee is the honeycomb latte (skinny, extra hot!). Unfortunately, my local Costa have been running very low on this, and it is normally a hit-or-miss as to whether I will get my favourite morning drink. I have also noticed that many Costas simply don't even stock this particular syrup, so was ecstatic to find it here on Amazon.

The Monin syrup range are very good, and the quality has always been high. This is a 1 litre bottle, and I normally only add a single shot to my drinks, meaning that this bottle will last a very long time for me. The taste is authentic and when I make my hot drink at home now with Costa Tassimo pods, the taste is almost identical to my local.

A very nice syrup, but a little sweet, so do use with caution! Will be ordering more in due course. 5/5

Russell Hobbs 22190 Auto Steam Iron Pro, 2400 Watt, White/ Blue
Russell Hobbs 22190 Auto Steam Iron Pro, 2400 Watt, White/ Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Puts the fun back into ironing!, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tested and reviewed a fair few irons here on Amazon, and am currently using a high-powered Philips steam iron with a 2L water tank which can iron and press out even the most stubborn of creases. As a result, this Russel Hobbs model had a lot to live up to.

Ironing can be a boring chore, especially without a steam iron. This press was easy to set-up, and I was up and running from unboxing in under 5 minutes. The iron itself is fairly compact, so particularly ideal for those wanting a steam iron with a water tank, but looking to save space, too. The base is also sturdy, and has a robust design.

The iron warms up fairly quickly, and once powered on, it is safe to say that the iron makes ironing so much more fun! It really cuts through those hard-to-press, creased clothes. As with my current Tefal iron, ironing is much quicker and easier, almost fun! The joy of pressing the `steam' button never gets old! The is a 650mL water tank which is not too large, but does last a while.

Additionally, the grip on the iron is comfortable, and particularly handy (no pun intended) for those long ironing sessions. The cord is also of a fair length, easily covering the largest of ironing boards. There are various settings on the iron itself, allowing you to adjust the temperature according to the type of fabric you are ironing, ensuring you don't damage those delicate and expensive garments. I have ironed T-shirts, shirts, ties, socks, trousers, jeans and vests with no problems.

Conclusively, this is a good iron and particularly recommend for anyone looking for a high powered steam iron, with portability and low-price tag. Highly recommended. 4/5

Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara - 10 ml, Black
Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara - 10 ml, Black
Offered by Tiger Lilley Cosmetics

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings., 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this product as part of the Amazon Vine reviewing program, and gave it to my significant other to try out. This was her first experience with a Revlon mascara, and she had reported some mixed views about it.

The mascara brush was a little longer than other brushes she had used in the past, and initially thought that the extended length of the brush would help make lashes more thick and lengthy, but this was not the case. The consistency of the mascara liquid was smooth, and it diddn't smudge or clump, which was positive point. The overall look and effect is also good once applied.

It is competitively priced, especially here on Amazon, but the brush was just a little too long in this case.

Atlas Laces : Elastic Shoelaces w. Lock - Enhanced Comfort and Unmatched Convenience - Featuring Innovative Athlete-Friendly No Tie Shoe Laces - Perfect for marathon and triathlon runners, trainer shoes, kids, the elderly etc. **12 MONTH SATISFACTION GUARANTEE** - Black
Offered by Atlas Athlete

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver during races!, 19 Mar. 2015
A little bit about my background. I run around 50 miles a week, and participate in events ranging from 5km, all the way up to the marathon. In short, I love running! And was excited when Atlas Laces approached me and asked if I would like to write a review for their elastic shoelaces.

I run around 6 days/week, and normally tie my laces before my runs. I tie my laces in such a way, that I can easily skip my shoes on and off, and this cycle lasts anywhere between 4-5 runs, before which I feel that the shoe laces have become too loose, and must be retied. I know some runners tie their laces before each run, and this can be a chore, particularly when time is an asset (notably when I run before going to work and am on a strict time line).

The Atlas laces are shipped in a plastic packet, with no complicated packaging. The laces seem to be of a high quality, durable and are lengthy enough to put through shoe holes with plenty of lace left for a good tie. The unique aspect of these laces, however, are that they do not need to be tied! You simply insert the laces through the clip (as shown in the pictures) and secure the ends with the clip. The laces can also be cut to size, to prevent excessive sag. Once secure, the runner simply adjusts the press-clip, and can easily tighten/loosen their laces.

I often worry about laces coming undone during a key running event. I ran the Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon over the weekend, and had to briefly slow down as I thought a lace had become loose! (every runners nightmare when racing). Fortunately, this was not the case, but I believe that I would have felt much less nervous wearing the Atlas Laces, as it appears that laces won't come undone with them, and can easily be tightened during an event, which could save valuable time!

All-in-all, I am very impressed with this lacing system, and can highly recommend this purchase to other runners, both who are actively engaged in racing or training. 5/5

Patuoxun® 140ml LED Colour Changing Aroma Diffuser Ultrasonic Humidifier Wood Grain Aroma Therapy Air Purifier
Offered by AntsZone-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent humidifier., 16 Mar. 2015
I have been in the market for a humidifier for a while now, but never got around to actually buying one. Seeing them on display frequently at Selfridges in London, I have always been intrigued and in awe of the mystic steam streaming out. I was approached by the supplies of this particular item and asked to share my thoughts on this particular model.

First things first, the item was a lot smaller than I had envisioned from the pictures. This is actually a plus point for me, as it allows me to easily move the humidifier around the house and change locations frequently, should I choose to do so. The overall quality of the humidifier is top-notch! Made from a plastic material, it has an overall wood effect, but does not look cheap at all. Quite the opposite in fact; I was truly impressed with the finish!

Set-up was quick and easy. The instructions provided were simple enough to follow. You simply remove the upper half, fill with water, add a few drops of humidifier oil (not included), put the top back on, plug into the mains and you are away! Plenty of steam is produced and a water fill with a few drops of oil last for hours on end. I was also happy with the variety of colour LEDs available in the humidifier. With a number of humidifier oils to choose from, you can have almost any fragrance you wish for. A few drops of oil produces copious a amount of fragrance.

All-in-all, I have only had this device for a few weeks, but shall update my review with further thoughts as time goes by. So far I am very happy with this humidifier, and look forward to trying a number of new oils over the summer. 5/5

Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus - Black
Adonit Jot Pro Fine Point Stylus - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A huge improvement over thicker nibs., 15 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the Bamboo Stylus pens for my iPad for a few years now. I was very happy to be sent this product for review purposes by Amazon, as this is my first venture away from Bamboo with the Adonit.

I confess that I have a general weakness for gadgets and related peripherals. From the outer packaging of this stylus, you know that you are in for a treat. The packaging is very neat and attractive. When you first hold the stylus in your hand, first impressions are that it has a nice weight and feel, and is a high quality item. Made from metal, there is a weighty feel to the stylus (in a good way). My tech friends have also praised the overall quality and finish. The Adonit can also clip onto your pocket with ease.

Before you can use the stylus, you must attach the flat disc to the tip. This allows you to write in any direction one iPad/iPhone (or any other capacitative touch screen). I have found the writing experience to be much better than the thicker styluses I have been using over the past few years, with more accuracy and precision. The only slight reservation I have to writing on an iPad with a stylus is the feeling of my hand on the screen, but this is not an issue with the iPad nor the Adonit, and I am mentioning this only for suspecting customers who may be new to note-taking on the iPad.

All-in-all, I really like the new Adonit. It is an innovative new approach to stylus writing on tablets, and I am sure that future generations of the Jot Pro will evolve to make the experience even better.

Microbiology For Dummies
Microbiology For Dummies
by Jennifer Stearns

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to microbiology., 12 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am currently doing a PhD in microbiology/immunology, so was very interested to review this product as part of Amazon's Vine program. Although this book was sent to me for review purposes, I still throughly enjoyed going over some of the basics of microbiology, as well as learning a new thing or two.

I may be a tad biased, but am absolutely fascinated with microbes, their relationship with humans (and other species, and in particular the vital role they play in health and disease. As with other "Dummy" series books, the content is varied, but places a significant emphasis on the basics and providing a general overview to the subject. I can imagine the content being fairly comprehensive to a lay reader, going in enough detail for anyone who has a general interest in this subject.

The book begins with a general introduction chapter, before moving onto key topics, including cell structure, metabolism, microbial growth, genetics and the larger impact and significance of microbiology in society. All the main types of microbes receive attention, including bacteria and viruses, which are probably the most interesting, due to their significant role in human disease and media attention.

I particularly enjoyed the chapter on the role of microbes in health and disease, as I feel that that this is a niche area which is beginning to pick-up huge momentum in recent research. In short, evidence for the way in which microbes shape our susceptibility to disease, eating habits, health and even personality and beginning to emerge, and I feel that this is an amazing time to be studying microbiology.

In short, this is a nice introductory text, and will also compliment learning at an A-level/undergraduate level, in combination with a more thorough textbook. If you have general interest in this area, too, I would also definitely recommend picking this book up, as it is very easy to digest in small chunks.

Bayan Soundbook X3 (Black)
Bayan Soundbook X3 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing bluetooth speaker, 9 Mar. 2015
I have reviewed a number of bluetooth speakers over the recent past, and although each has had some positive and negative points, this without a doubt is one of the best that I have tested! I received an email invite from the manufacturers (Bayan) to test this product. Having spent the past few weeks with it, I was very keen to get my thoughts out to prospective buyers who may be contemplating to purchase this speaker.

UNBOXING
From the very unboxing, you know you are in for a high quality product. The packaging has a very Apple-product like unboxing feel, with a minimalistic approach to the packaging and contents. Included in the box is the speaker itself, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack (to attach devices with no bluetooth capability), a charger and instructions. It is also worth mentioning that the out box itself is very attractive and would make for a great gift.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The speaker came with some charge right out of the box, so I was good to go. Pairing with a phone/bluetooth device was a simple affair, and one of the easiest connections I have ever experienced. Simply select the device name from your phone, and it instantly connects (after a 3-4 second delay). I found this process to be quick and simple, with no awkward buttons or codes to go through. This means that it will be easy to switch between different users, particularly useful for small parties/summer BBQs, when we wish to play music from different peoples devices. Simply disconnect from the existing user, freeing the bluetooth connection, and the next users simply selects the Sound Book X3 from their phone/device.

The speaker itself is very attractive and built to a high quality. It is a little weighty (~1.5kg), which adds to the overall quality feel. The Sound Book X3 opens like a book, with the front cover acting as a stand for the speaker. The cover is made of a hardback material and over the past 4 weeks I have tested it, seems to be very durable. After use, simply close the cover, which secures shut with a magnetic catch, similar to the iPad smart cover. There is also a built-in FM radio tuner and AUX socket, which will allow connection of a 3.55mm device directly to the Sound Book X3. Also included is an LCD display, showing what connection is currently open (bluetooth, FM, AUX).

You turn the device on and off from a top button, where there are also options to toggle between the different connections, as well as adjust the volume. I tend to find it easier to keep the volume on maximum from the device, and simple adjust the overall volume using my phone.

SOUND QUALITY
However, without great sounds, the quick connection and positive aesthetics would be a little redundant. Fortunately, the sound is just as good as the other details. I am not audiophile, so my knowledge on the technicalities of speaker sounds are not comprehensive, but like anyone else, I do appreciate good quality acoustics. The Sound Book X3 can be turned to the maximum volume with no distortion. Bass and treble also seem great, having tried the speaker with a number of my favourite music pieces, ranging from hard rock to softer piano music themes. All sounded incredible! I have been listening to a range of different music, just to hear certain pieces again on this device. I also own the Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 speakers for my mac, and would dare say that the sound quality is almost comparable. I should also add that there was no bluetooth drop-outs, despite having my iPhone in my pocket and moving up to 10 metres away from the speaker.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Conclusively, I am finding it difficult to think about any negative points. The Sound Book X3 has exceeded all my expectations from a portable bluetooth speaker. I am really looking forward to summer BBQs with this speaker, and will update my review as time goes on with how things are progressing. Highly recommended. 5/5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20