Profile for Fireball Dragon > Reviews

Content by Fireball Dragon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 12

Fireball Dragon (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The North Face Unisex Adult Gtd Visor - TNF White/TNF White, Small/Medium
The North Face Unisex Adult Gtd Visor - TNF White/TNF White, Small/Medium
Offered by BlackLeaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for runners!, 2 Oct 2014
This is a well designed, light-weight and comfortable visor. I have worn it during training runs and for 2 half marathons now and it has been very comfortable to wear, even with shades. I can recommend this highly for other runners or sports people. 5/5

Belkin QODE Thin Type Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Autowake and Smart Sense for iPad Air - Grey
Offered by Ballicom International

3.0 out of 5 stars There are better alternatives..., 2 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used to own the Logitech Ultra Thin keyboard for my iPad3, but have not yet purchased one for my iPad Air. I was very excited to receive this item, hoping it would enhance my iPad productivity. Unfortunately, this Keyboard leaves a lot to be desired.

First, the positives. It is aesthetically pleasing, well constructed and fairly light-weight, complimenting the iPad Air's design. It boasts an (almost) full sized keyboard and typing was comfortable and snappy. The only slight drawback to trying was that the keys are not as pleasing to press as they are a little more "clicky" compared to the MacBook and even Logitech's keyboard. Battery life is good, providing me with around 2 weeks from a single charge, and the auto-on/off was a nice touch. Also, no backlight.

The main drawback of this keyboard is that is made of aluminium, with some fine edges. This kept me cautious, as I had to attach my MacBook Air during transportation to the metal hinge. I was not happy to do this as no-doubt, the potential for scratching the chamfered iPad Air edge is great. If not for this, I would have rated the product much more highly.

All-in-all, I would recommend the Logitech Ultra Thin Keyboard over this.

Ultrasport Unisex Adult Multifunctional Fitness Mat, PVC   - Black ,Small
Ultrasport Unisex Adult Multifunctional Fitness Mat, PVC - Black ,Small

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality mat, but a little thin., 2 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a keen runner and in the summer usually stretch out post-run in the garden. As I have tough decking, I like to place a mat down to save my back! This PVC mat is all made and I have been using it after almost every run for the past 2 months now. It is a little thin, so probably not ideal for very hard surfaces, but it has so far been durable and anti-slip. Overall, I am very happy and can recommend this mat for general stretching in and out of the house.

Anaesthesia at a Glance
Anaesthesia at a Glance
by William Fawcett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 21 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The at a Glance series are a really good set of book designed for medical students. I now work in research and seldom do I get time to read topics outside of my area of research. To be honest, I really miss my undergraduate days, where I had the leisure of covering a diverse range of topics!

This latest offering on anaesthesia is no exception to the high standards of this series. The book begins with a sound introduction and history to this fascinating aspect of medicine, before moving onto key topics including; physiology, pain, drugs, emergency medicine, paediatrics and trauma. Among others.

As this is a subject with diverse terminology, the abbreviation list came in very handy. Other positive features of this book include the simple legibility of text, layout and key pictures/diagrams to aid understanding. This book provides a sound overview and is excellent for undergraduates studying medicine or life science related courses. Highly recommended. 5/5

Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe
Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Bunch of A-Holes!, 10 Aug 2014
I love Marvel Movies (well, most of them!) and after watching Guardians of the Galaxy last week, it immediately became one of my favourite movies... Ever!

Acting, direction, story... everything was awesome! I normally get very easily distracted in the cinema, but this movie had me hooked from start to finish. The movie excelled at combining serious themes with humour, and the music played a huge part in making this experience possible.

The "mixed tape" concept was very well executed and made me really appreciate some songs I had admittedly never heard of before. Cherry Bomb!! And really take me back to the movie scenes when I listen to them now. The main theme is also a classic!

All in all, if you enjoyed Guardians, you will love this soundtrack. Cannot wait for the home release of the movie now! 5/5

UPDATE: Okay, I have been listening to the mixed tape now for almost two weeks! The songs really work well with the movie and bring back classic scenes. Groot's dance to "I want you back" was legendary! No wonder the mixed tape has reached no.1 in the charts!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2014 1:28 AM BST

Belkin USB 3.0 Dual Video Docking Station with Elevated Loft Stand for Laptops/MacBooks/Ultrabooks with USB 3.0 Charging Port

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love technology and gadgets. Belkin are a great company and have made some fantastic products. Unfortunately, this is a 'want' item, rather than a need, for most people, especially in today's age of wireless devices.

The logic behind this device is that one connects all their computer peripherals to the stand, including Ethernet (if you still use that...), USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB drives, etc. then simply connect your laptop to this stand by a single USB cable and have access to all other devices!

I tried using this with my macbook, but there are some compatibility issues. However, the main point to raise is that if one connects wireless keyboards and trackpads to their laptop, and uses wireless internet, a lot of intended functionality for this stand becomes redundant.

I can see certain people in certain office environments who may benefit from this set-up. For a person on the ho who uses wireless peripheries, wifi and the cloud for storage, it is not for me.

On the plus side, the stand is beautifully crafted and of a very high quality and finish. Do your research on this expensive docking station before splashing out. 3/5

Ultrasport NavRun 600 GPS Heart Rate Monitor with 2.4 GHz Chest Strap
Ultrasport NavRun 600 GPS Heart Rate Monitor with 2.4 GHz Chest Strap

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs much improvement, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fit was enthusiast, and was excited when I receive this watch. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations in the ways in which I had imagined.

Firstly, the watch seems to be a little poor in overall finish and quality. It is also a little uncomfortable on my wrist due to the type of buckle system it utilises. I much prefer the stud fasten system implemented in the Nike+ GOS running watches.

It accurately measured my heart rate, no problems there. The display is a little dim and could do with being sharper. And more crisp. GPS signal was quick to connect, but not very accurate. A route I know to be 10km was measured as 7.9km by the watch.

The overall instructions are also not great, and a little difficult to follow. Setting up the watch requires multiple button presses and steps, and this is the last thing I want to do/learn before a run.

Software was a little fiddly and I did not like the cable I have to attach to the watch each time to upload workout data. Wireless syncing would have been great.

Overall, improvements are needs if this watch is to compete in an established market with the likes of Adidas MiCoach, Nike+ and Garmin. 3/5
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 2:08 PM BST

Belkin Felt Wool and Leather Contrast Sleeve with Magnetic Closure for 13 inch Laptop - Grey/Black
Offered by B2B TRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, sturdy case., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this case for my 13" macbook with retina display. It has a really nice finish and is of a high quality. The case opens and closes with magnetic closure, which works very well with this case. It has proved my macbook with easy and safe transportation. The only downside is that there are some gaps, at the top sides, meaning it will not provide protection as well as some zip cases.

Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
by Amie Clifford

4.0 out of 5 stars Good text for junior medics., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those unfamiliar with the “on the move” series of books, they are written by junior medical medics, and contain bit sized information in a small book, which is designed to be easy to carry on the ward.

This book was a good introduction to this subject and covers subnets ranging from history and examination to medical problems during pregnancy. There is also a self assessment section to test your knowledge.

I should stress that this is a pure medical book designed for junior doctors (or medics looking for a refresher) and not for the general public.

Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
by Molly Douglas

4.0 out of 5 stars Good text for junior medics., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those unfamiliar with the "on the move" series of books, they are written by junior medical medics, and contain bit sized information in a small book, which is designed to be easy to carry on the ward. Psychiatry is one of this subjects I find fascinating, as I am sure many others do, but have no formal knowledge on the subject.

This book was a good introduction to this relatively poorly understood subject area, however does assume some previous knowledge. It is highly focussed on clinical diagnosis and treatment, covering everything from examining patients, substance misuse, as well as some legislation. There are a number of mental health disorders which are also covered in a basic manner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20