Profile for Fireball Dragon > Reviews

Content by Fireball Dragon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 17

Fireball Dragon (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GB eye 61 x 91.5 cm Guardians of the Galaxy Groot and Rocket Maxi Poster
GB eye 61 x 91.5 cm Guardians of the Galaxy Groot and Rocket Maxi Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars I AM GROOT!, 22 April 2015
This is a great poster by GB eye. It is high in quality and the poster is accurate to the preview shown on the Amazon product page. Measuring 92 x 61cm, it is a large poster, but very easy to put up with blu-tack. Fast delivery from Amazon and was shipped in a hardened cardboard tube, so no damage during transit. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to any Guardians of the Galaxy fan. 5/5

Scholl Fresh Step Shoe Spray
Scholl Fresh Step Shoe Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps shoes smelling new, 22 April 2015
I have been using the Scholl shoe spray for around 12 months now, and always spray my shoes every few wears. By doing this and strong the shoes in their original boxes, my shoes always remain fresh and clean looking. A single spray in each shoe is sufficient. Highly recommended. 5/5

Le'Xpress Frother
Le'Xpress Frother

4.0 out of 5 stars Velvety foam on my drinks!, 22 April 2015
This review is from: Le'Xpress Frother (Kitchen & Home)
I got this to enhance the quality of my home made lattes and macchiatos. Typically when making a drink, I oould not top it with caramel drizzle, for example, as there was very little foam. Now I can make all my coffee shop drinks with ease. Although a little cheap looking, it functions as it should, providing my drinks with a velvety layer of foamed milk on top. Highly recommend and at under £3, I am very happy.

Mpow® Cheetah Sport Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones with Microphone Hands-free Calling, AptX for Running Work with Apple iphone 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad ipod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3 2 and Android Tablet Phones, Green
Offered by Patuoxun

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for runners!, 22 April 2015
BACKGROUND
I run around 6 days a week, and often listen to music when out for my morning runs. I usually run with an iPod shuffle and a set of wired Apple headphones. Although I can get by with the average sound quality on the Apple headphones, they simply are not designed for sports use, and frequently fall out of my ears. This proved to be a frustrating affair for some months, after which I moved over to some Sony wired headphones. Luck would have it that after a year or so these broke, so I was back to my Apple buds again. Being in the market for a few months now, I tried a few headphones, but could not find anything suitable for my needs. In the end, I simply gave up listening to music whilst on my training runs. Fortunately, I was contacted by Mpow and asked if I would like to try out their new Sport Bluetooth 4.1 Cheetah headphones and write a review for them. They kindly sent me a pair and I took delivery of these on the 18th of April. Having tried them out now for around 10 days, here are my thoughts.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The item is well packaged and comes in a nicely presented box, so would make for a nice gift. Included are the headphones, a usb to mini-usb charging cable, replacement buds of varying sizes (small, medium and large) and a set of instructions. The headphones are bluetooth powered, so there are no fiddly cables to be dealing with. The first thing I noticed about the headphones was the overall finish, which seems to be manufactured to a high standard. They easily wrap around my ears and the back of my head with the flexible wire, as shown in the pictures.

FUNCTIONALITY
There is a main power button which must be held for around 3 seconds to power on or off the headphones. This is great, as it means you won't risk accidentally powering on or off. I really appreciated the audio feedback of "power on" and power off" when turning the headphones on and off, respectively. There are also volume up and down buttons on the headset, which double-up as track forward/back buttons with a long press. The headphones work by bluetooth and need to be charged. I have charged the headset when I first got them, and have used them for around 7 hours in total, and still have ~50% of charge left. The charge is conveniently shown on my iPhone. Pairing with my iPhone was quick and easy, requiring no pass-codes to overcome. As these headphones are bluetooth enabled, I must have my iPhone with my during training runs/workouts, which mean they can only be used (in my case) when I am out running with a hydration vest (which will hold my phone, too) or whilst at the gym. Unfortunately, wearing an armband with an iPhone 6 Plus is a little too cumbersome for me!

SOUND QUALITY
Being fairly lightweight, I was concerned that the sound quality may be less than average. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I am no audiophile, but do appreciate good quality sounds. Bass and treble were both fine and my music all sounded perfect, even when out on the road. Being cautious when out running, I do keep the volume quite low, to be aware of my surroundings, and it was great to be able to hear my music whilst still being able to hear what was going on around me. Overall sound quality works for me, and is very good for the price-point of these headphones. Volume can be maxed out without distortion, too.

CONCLUSIONS
Overall, I am very impressed with the Mpow Cheetah headphones. I ran home from work with them yesterday (~12km) and not once did they slip off, feeling very comfortable throughout. When you first put them on you are aware of their presence, however, after a few minutes you will not even notice that they are on. I would definitely recommend these to other runners, particularly if you run with a bluetooth gadget on your person. 5/5
Comment Comment | Permalink

Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7
Science in Sport 60 ml Energy Gel Variety - Pack of 7
Offered by Pure Source Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boost for long runs, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Being a keen and long-distance runner, I am often in need of carbohydrate gels to boost my performance on long runs in training, as well as any distance about a half marathon. I have tried a number of sports gels over the years, and firmly stand-by two brands, one of which is SIS. This variety pack is fantastic, as it includes one of each of the following flavours: apple, lemon/lime, blackcurrant, orange, pineapple, pink grapefruit and tropical. All taste fine, although I do like the blackcurrant and lemon/lime ones the best.

Each gel provides 22g of carbohydrate, of which sugars are only 0.6g. The primary carbohydrate source in this gel is maltodextrin, which is a polysaccharide; a more complex carbohydrate, although is broken down a lot more quicker than normal complex carbohydrates such as potatoes/pasta, resulting in a quicker absorption rate more akin to glucose. Personally for me, the SIS gels are not very viscous and are easily digested when swallowed with a sip of water (although not required). Tearing them open from the top is easy whilst running, and even holding them in my hand for a short durations is comfortable.

If you are new to the SIS brand, this is a great starter pack to see if these gels are suitable for you, without breaking the bank. It also allows you to trial all the available flavours before purchasing in bulk.

[New Release]Amir® Portable Selfie Stick Extendable Foldable Bluetooth Self Portrait Monopod with Built-in Remote Shutter for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5s 5c 5 Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Blackberry HTC Sony LG IOS Android(Black)
Offered by Amir UK

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent selfie-stick, 20 April 2015
I only came across the word “selfie” last year, although I was well aware of the concept of people capturing images of themselves using their gadgets. With the dramatic increase in photography power of mobile phones, people taking images of themselves (and others) has increased exponentially. I had also seen people using selfie-sticks to capture photos pf themselves, which I always thought was a very intuitive idea, but never got around to purchasing one. I was contacted by the manufacturers of this particular model, and asked if I would like to try the product out and report my thoughts on it in the form of a review.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The first thing I noticed about this stick was the overall quality. I have seen cheaper looking ones in the shops, but this one is definitely built to a much higher quality. The stick is very portable in it’s collapsed state, (18cm), yet can extend to 82cm, allowing you to take images of yourself and a group of friends with ease. The weight is just under 150grams, meaning it is also light enough to carry in your bag. Furthermore, the shooting angle can also be adjusted, meaning you don’t have to take photos ‘straight on’.

ATTACHING YOUR PHONE
I have an iPhone 6 Plus, which is one of the largest smartphones currently available, and had no problems clipping this in. The stick has a secure mount, which is pulled back and firmly grasps your phone (protected by rubber), so your phone will not get scratched. I had some concerns about taking pictures with my phone almost one metre away on a stick, but am happy to report that everything felt very secure. The only slight negative point is that in order to release the grasp, the only part to pull on is a small rubber take, which can be a little fiddly.

BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY
The thing that sets this selfie stick apart is the ability to easily take photos with the click of a button on the handle. I have seen other sticks which require the user to set a timer on their phone, as the user cannot reach their phone when it is so far from them. This stick has a single button on the handle, which is an extension of the “+” physical button on my iPhone (which clicks the picture). Pairing with bluetooth was quick and easy, taking a few seconds.

CHARGING
As this is a bluetooth operated device, it requires charing. There is a USB to micro-USB cable supplied in the box. I have charged the stick once since I received it, just over a week ago, and have not run out of power just yet, despite using it a few times. The manufacturers report standby time of 3 hours and using time of 20 hours, so as long as you turn it off after each session, I am sure the battery will last a while!

CONCLUSIONS
All-in-all, I am very impressed with my first use of a selfie-stick. This has definitely propelled me to take more group photos, particularly in situations when I would not have done so before, purely due to the difficulty in doing so. I would definitely recommend this to any potential buyers in the market for a well designed, secure and convenient selfie-stick. 5/5

Abco Tech Flexible Goose Neck Clip-on Cell Phone Stand for EVERYWHERE-Bed Kitchen Desk Table Car Chair Bathroom Exercise ETC. compatible with iPhone 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 5C / 6 - Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 - Motorola moto x droid HTC One, Nexus 5, Blackberry and all smartphones (Black) (Black)
Offered by AbcoTech Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical and stylish phone holder., 8 April 2015
I kindly received this mobile phone holder from the manufacturers to review. All thoughts are my own based on the product I received.

Like most people, I often check my calendar, emails, weather, etc on my phone before going to bed. Sometimes my hands are also preoccupied with a hot beverage, and I have often wished my phone could just magically be hanging in front of me somehow. This flexible mobile phone holder definitely helps at times like this.

The device itself has a strong spring class that can securely attach to any bedside unit. The flexible gooseneck wire is also very strong, and can bend to be adjusted in any direction. The mobile phone itself is held securely in place by another clasp. It is wide enough to hold my iPhone 6 Plus, which is one of the largest smart phones on the market. The phone holder is held in place by a ball and socket clamp, allowing for rotation of the phone in any direction. The clasp itself is strong enough to hold the phone in a portrait mode, too. Furthermore, the clasp contains rubber endings, which means that there is no damage to your phone whilst in the holder. With reference to the overall finish and quality, I am highly impressed.

The only slight negative point I should add that there is a little bit of bounce when tapping my phones screen, but this is not too inconvenient. However, having tried other holders, this is somewhat of a universal issue and not a fault in the design of this particular stand.

Although I use this holder whilst in bed, it can be used safely in a variety of settings such as your car, at a workstation, etc. All-in-all, I am very impressed with it and will be also using it whilst I am working on my computer, as it is a lot more convenient to have my phone at eye level than simply resting on the desk. A great gadget with a practical purpose. 5/5

CSX Dual Ab Roller Exercise Wheel with Extra Thick Knee Pad Mat and Comfort Foam Handles - Double Pro Abdominal Exercise Wheel - Great Fitness Workout for Abs |18 Month Warranty
Offered by CSX Direct | Aspire Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Ab Roller I have used., 19 Mar. 2015
I purchased this Dual Ab Roller, purely based on all the other positive reviews. Suffice to say, I agree with them. I have been using this Ab Roller since July last year, and have seen a huge improvement in my core, which has assisted significantly in achieving significant PBs in all my running events last year.

The Ab Roller comes unassembled, but is very easy to put together, taking under a minute. There is a foam mat included, to protect your knees when rolling on a hard surface. In the past 8 months of use, I have not noticed and wear or tear; the Ab Roller is very well constructed.

Conclusively, I would recommend this device for anyone in the market for this product who is looking to either shape their core, or improve the athletic performance, as a strong core is essential for almost every sport! 5/5

Lego Lights DC Super Heroes Batman Keylight
Lego Lights DC Super Heroes Batman Keylight
Offered by filmandtvstuff

5.0 out of 5 stars First try!!, 19 Mar. 2015
This is a great keyring which I initially saw around Christmas 2014 in the shops, but did not purchase. Since then, I could not find it anywhere, so was very excited to see it appear on Amazon!

I am a huge Batman and lego fan, so this Keylight novelty keyring was a great purchase. It is of a very study and high quality finish, and bigger than normal lego figure, with a few nice touches. Pressing the button on Batman's chest will make his feet light up, which contain LED lights. Now these are 'very' bright, and I would not recommend looking directly at them! A few other nice features include a material cape and pulling up The Dark Knights helmet will show his eyes!

A great little keyring I would highly recommend to Batman fans as a lovely gift. 5/5

Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre
Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre
Offered by The Cheshire Coffee Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Costa at home!, 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Monin Honeycomb 1 Litre (Misc.)
My favourite signature hot drink at Costa coffee is the honeycomb latte (skinny, extra hot!). Unfortunately, my local Costa have been running very low on this, and it is normally a hit-or-miss as to whether I will get my favourite morning drink. I have also noticed that many Costas simply don't even stock this particular syrup, so was ecstatic to find it here on Amazon.

The Monin syrup range are very good, and the quality has always been high. This is a 1 litre bottle, and I normally only add a single shot to my drinks, meaning that this bottle will last a very long time for me. The taste is authentic and when I make my hot drink at home now with Costa Tassimo pods, the taste is almost identical to my local.

A very nice syrup, but a little sweet, so do use with caution! Will be ordering more in due course. 5/5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20