Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Andy Kumar > Reviews

Content by Andy Kumar
Top Reviewer Ranking: 27

Andy Kumar (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neon Electronic® MCB1534D-05 Micro Hi-Fi System with BT CD/MP3/FM+RDS for DAB+
Neon Electronic® MCB1534D-05 Micro Hi-Fi System with BT CD/MP3/FM+RDS for DAB+

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for music playback, 29 Jan. 2016
This is my first experience with a Neon product, and had not previously heard of this brand. However, in a quick word, this an excellent micro hi-fi system. The system comes well packaged and included in the box is the following:

-Neon Micro H-Fi system (consisting of a main unit and volume control unit)
-Two speakers
-Remote
-Cables for power/connection
-Instructions

SET-UP
Setting the unit up was a fairly simple process. All the wires are included. I did not need to read the instructions and if you have previous experience of setting up any hi-fi system, you will find the entire process very straight-forward and simple. A UK mains plug is supplied, as well as a remote (batteries included).

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The unit and speakers are exceptionally well designed. I found the quality to be very good. The main unit is finished in a matt silver metallic. The volume knobs seem to be of a very high quality. Therein an LED screen to tell you what input you are using. The speakers have a black glossy finish (which does attract fingerprints, so beware!) and a material cover to the front of the speakers. The entire system feels well made.

UNIT FEATURES/INPUTS
The system contains the following features:
-CD player
-Bluetooth connectivity
-USB connectivity
-Volume control
-Separate bass/treble adjustment
-Headphone jack
-Remote control

I found connecting the system to my bluetooth (iPhone) very simple. Just select the BT option from the main unit, and select the device from your phone. Once paired, connection was flawless and has a good range. I did no experience any dropouts around my house (and ventured up to 25 metres away). Pairing also occurs automatically, too.

SOUND QUALITY
I am not an audiophile, but do appreciate good quality sound. I own the Bowers and Wilkins MM-1 speakers, which are fantastic, so am used to my music to be of a high quality. The sound from these speakers is very, very good! The volume on maximum is loud, and suitable for medium sized room. Bass was boomy, but not overly done, and treble also sounded great. There was no distortion in sound quality, even on the highest volume setting.

CONCLUSIONS
All-in-all, this is a fantastic system. I am planning to use it with Bluetooth as opposed to the CD function, but having the option for CD playback (as well as other inputs) is a huge bonus. I am very satisfied with both the overall finish and sound quality from this device, and can highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a system that has a range of input options for music playback. 5/5

Note: I received this Hi-Fi system for free in exchange for an honest an unbiased review. My thoughts on this product are genuine.

SALAV 1500W 1.7L User-friendly Commercial & Home Portable Clothes Garment Steamer Vertical Steam Iron Steam Station Dry Cleaner Suitable for Wedding Dress,Suit,Costumes,GS60-BJ
Offered by SALAV Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good steamer, 24 Jan. 2016
This garment steamer comes well packaged and was easy to assemble out of the box. It is built to a high quality and comes complete with a fabric brush, pant press, gloves and hangers.

The main reason I got this was to help clean garments that I wouldn't ordinarily put in the wash, such as blazers, as well as to remove heavy creases. I already own a very powerful Tefal steam iron which is effective at removing creases, too. The steam that comes out of this steamer is very powerful and does an effective job at getting rid of most creases. In all honesty I have got better results from my steam press iron, but this is not far behind. Where the steamer really shines is when I clean my jackets and blazers. They are easy to hang on the hanger stand (as shown in the pictures). I have tried this steamer with number of different fabrics, and had nor problems. The temperature control switch is easy to use and seems to be accurate. The 1.7L detachable water tank is also very large, meaning that I can steam several garments before the water needs to be replaced. I have also cleaned my curtains with this steamer, and it did a very effective job of cleaning them, too, without having to remove them.

All-in-all, highly recommend for cleaning your winter jackets and other garments which may not be suitable for the wash. A great home alternative to dry cleaning.

Note: I paid a discounted price for this item to test it and write an honest review.

Atlas Rope : Speed Skipping Rope w. High-Grade Metal Ball Bearings by Atlas Athlete : The Double Under Power Jump Rope for Crossfit, WoD, Boxing and Fitness Exercise : Featuring Two Adjustable 10 Feet Cables, Carry Case, Extra Spare Screws and a HIIT EBOOK  : 12 Month Guarantee
Atlas Rope : Speed Skipping Rope w. High-Grade Metal Ball Bearings by Atlas Athlete : The Double Under Power Jump Rope for Crossfit, WoD, Boxing and Fitness Exercise : Featuring Two Adjustable 10 Feet Cables, Carry Case, Extra Spare Screws and a HIIT EBOOK : 12 Month Guarantee
Offered by Atlas Athlete

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective cardio workout, well designed, 19 Jan. 2016
I am somewhat of a fitness enthusiast, and like to try new cardio activities. I have not used a skipping rope in a while, so was pleasantly humbled when I was offered this rope to review and report back on with my thoughts.

The skipping rope itself is well constructed, very light . The handles are long and try comfortable during skipping session. The wire seems to be very durable and I have not noted any wear, despite skipping outdoors. The length of the rope is also adjustable, meaning it will suit users of different heights, a problem I have had with other ropes in the past. An ATLAS drawstring pouch is also included, meaning the rope can be neatly (and safely) stored away when not in use.

I have been using this skipping rope (on and off) for a few weeks now to complement my running/cycling. It provides a really effective cardio workout, particularly when time is an issue (i.e. early mornings). I am mostly a runner, so this has added an interesting twist to my training. I have also picked up a few books on different skipping activities.

All-in-all, a great training aid which I can definitely recommend to other runners and cyclists wishing to engage in some cross-training. 5/5

Bionaire Dehumidifier, 12 L
Bionaire Dehumidifier, 12 L

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective dehumidifier, 17 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an amazing humidifier. I have placed it in my garage where I experience a huge moisture build-up, particularly on the windows in the winter. This is largely due to the washing machine and tumble drier being in the garage. Unboxing the humidifier was quick and easy, and I was set-up in a couple of minutes. Everything is very clear, and you will only briefly need to skim the instructions. The humidifier is fairly large, but dos have wheels on the bottom so can easily be moved. It features a 3 Litre water collection tank, so does not need to be emptied very often.

From an operational perspective, it is very quiet. There is a power indicator and 3 power settings, as well as a top flap. After turning on and leaving the room for a few minutes and then returning, you definitely notice a improvement in the quality of the air. Almost like a refreshed smell lingering in the room. There is also a digital timer built-in, so you won't have to leave it on all the time or remember to turn on in rooms where condensation build-up is an everyday issue.

Emjoi MICRO Pedi Gift Set with Manicure and Pedicure Kit
Emjoi MICRO Pedi Gift Set with Manicure and Pedicure Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective micro pedi set, 17 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice pedicure set. I do a lot of running and also have an active job, which means spending a lot of time on my feet. This micro pedi set is one of the best I have come across. There are quite a few accessories included; toe separators, filer, clippers, manicure kit and of course the micro pedi unit itself. I have found it to be very effective at removing dry skin, and the process was painless. Results were very good and I can highly recommend to others. As bonus the entire contents ship in a bag, and would make a very nice gift.

Pushingbest 14.5V 1.5A USB C Hub USB 3.1 Type C Male to USB 3.0 Type A Hub Charging adapter with 1 USB C charging port and 1 USB 3.0 Data Sync transferring port -Gold
Offered by PushingBest Direct Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the new retina MacBook, 6 Jan. 2016
This adapter works flawlessly with the new 12" retina MacBook. It is well made, small and portable. Made from aluminium, it is also strong and sturdy. There is a asap which comes off exposing a male USB-C end. This plugs into your computer, and you can then attached a further USB-C device (ideally charging cable) and a standard USB device simultaneously. This is very convenient with the new MacBook which features a single USB-C port.

I have had no issues with it working on the new MacBook and tried it would a number of USB devices, all which work. This inlaced hard drives and peripherals. I did not notice a decline in read/write speeds with my hard drives (although my computing needs are quite light). I can also confirm that it backed up my computer via standard USB through time machine okay, too.

Highly recommended (and essential) if you own a USB-C computer.

Note: I received this item for free to provide an unbiased review.

Disney Frozen: New Best Friends Secret Diary with Lock
Disney Frozen: New Best Friends Secret Diary with Lock
Offered by Canenco

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice gift for Frozen fans, 6 Jan. 2016
My 6 year old niece absolutely loves Disney's Frozen. I have not watched an animated movie in years, and last Christmas finally watched this with her and it really was very good! There is also a lot of Frozen merchandise on the market, owing to the movie's overwhelming success. This secret diary ships in a nice outer packaging and would make for a great gift. Included in the box are two secret diary complete with locks. Each diary is based on the main characters of Frozen; Elsa and Anna. This makes it an ideal set for two friends who can share secrets with each other. My niece really liked this item. There is also a sticker sheet and some sticky jewels included in the pack. The diaries themselves are well made, ruled and have a frozen theme/artwork throughout. They are hardback, so ideal for not getting damaged.

All-in-all, a great gift idea for any child who loves Frozen. 5/5

Note: I was sent this item for a discounted price to provide an honest and unbiased review.

Umenice Automaitc 9-Rib Travel Umbrella Windproof With 210T Fabric Teflon Black
Umenice Automaitc 9-Rib Travel Umbrella Windproof With 210T Fabric Teflon Black
Offered by Umenice UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and functional umbrella, 5 Jan. 2016
This is a very compact and lightweight umbrella, so easy and convenient to carry around. It measures around 12" in length when folded, and comes complete with a cover. Operation is simple. You remove the outer cover and undo the velcro fastening which keeps the umbrella tight. Then press then automatic button and the umbrella opens. It is big enough for up to two people to huddle under.

I have tried it out in moderately rainy conditions, and it has kept me dry. The umbrella itself is very well made and stitched, and even is gusty conditions, not once did the umbrella invert. The material also does a very good job of reeling water. To close the umbrella, you simply press the automatic switch again. The handle is very comfortable to hold, and I have even walked around bust central London on a rainy day for a couple of hours in the crowds with it.

All-in-all, a very nicely made umbrella and comparable to some of the more recognised brands such as Fulton. Highly recommended 5/5

Note: I received this umbrella in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Garmin Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Black (Small)
Garmin Vivosmart Activity Tracker with Smart Notification - Black (Small)
Offered by You Want One

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic if you run with Garmin, 30 Dec. 2015
My first fitness/activity tracker was the Nike+ Fuelband, back in summer 2013. It was an interesting and motivational product at the time, and I used it for the better part of over a year. In the fall of 2014, I started to log my runs with Strava, and left Nike+ behind, purely due to their lack of software updates. As a result, my interest in the Fuelband also dwindled, and I subsequently stopped using that, too. I lead a fairly active lifestyle, and did not consider another activity tracker until fairly recently. I am actually still unsure whether to refer to such devices as "fitness" or "activity" trackers(!), but I digress.

I use a Garmin watch (fenix 3) to record my runs, which does doubles-up as a fitness tracker. However, it is not convenient/practical to wear it 24/7. The fenix 3 is a heavy and fairly bulky watch, and I spend around 50% of my my time wearing it, with the other time using an Apple watch. To this effect, the consideration of a dedicated fitness tracker on my other (right) wrist was a thought that I had been pondering over for a few months, but did not act upon. However, after Christmas this year (2015), I decided to check out what fitness trackers were available. My first thoughts were to get a Fitbit Charge HR, however, the Fitbit software is fairly restricted, and data cannot be shared with Garmin connect or Apple health. A little more browsing led me to the Garmin range, which made a lot of sense as my fenix 3 and Edge 1000 already use Garmin connect.

My first inclination was to go for the newly released Garmin Vivosmart HR, however, I was sceptical about the reliability/accuracy of wrist-based heart rate monitoring, having a negative experience with the Tom Tom Cardio Sport. Aesthetically, I was also less than impressed with the Vivosmart HR. As a result, I decided to purchase last year's Vivosmart, which was slightly less expensive, has better battery life (up to 7 days, compared to 5 with the HR), around 10g less in weight (19g, verses 29g on the HR) and much more minimalistic in design (which I prefer). The device is not always on, and to wake it you need to tap the screen twice. It also boasts an OLED touchscreen, and you can swipe to see different parameters. I should add that it secures to your wrist using pin-lock clasp, as opposed to the buckle on the Vivosmart HR and Fitbit Charge HR. I may be in the minority here, but do not prefer buckles on activity trackers.

The Vivosmart is a fantastic device, and despite being released in 2014, fits all my needs. The biggest plus points and reasons for getting the Vivosmart are as follows (in no specific order):

-Track steps
-Overall daily distance travelled
-Sleep tracking/silent alarm
-Notification alerts
-Control music on iPhone
-Sync with Garmin connect (and other apps)

I probably don't need the motivational aspect of a fitness tracker, and the overall purpose is to simply ensure I know just how active I have been, rather than having sketchy data from the fenix 3, which I do not wear 24/7. The sleep tracking is also a huge bonus. I have slept with the fenix 3 on my wrist, and have also slept with the Apple watch on throughout the night. Neither are particularly comfortable, and the discreet and lightweight Vivosmart are a welcome situation.

First impressions are very positive. I got the small size, and was slightly concerned about this. However, my wrists are fairly small, and it fits around the mid-point of the clasp, which is perfect. It is also very light and comfortable to wear. Set-up was moderately easy, and did require a few tries, but everything was eventually up and running. Conclusively, there is an overwhelming choice of activity trackers on the market. The Vivosmart appears to be a very solid device, and if you are interested in a notification device, too, can highly recommend this.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Garmin ANT CHIP
Garmin ANT CHIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with 12" retina MacBook, 29 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Garmin ANT CHIP (Electronics)
I am using this ANT+ chip with my 12" retina MacBook. As my MacBook only has USB-C, I am using this chip through a USB to USB-C adapter and can confirm that it works fine. It recognised my speed/cadence sensors, as well as HR monitor. Like many others, I purchased this sensor to use Zwift with my indoor turbo trainer. An absolutely fantastic way to enjoy turbo sessions. I now find myself using my turbo a lot more. An essential piece of kit and highly recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink