Profile for Andy Kumar > Reviews

Content by Andy Kumar
Top Reviewer Ranking: 47

Andy Kumar (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DUCO Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Running Cycling Fishing Golf TR90 Unbreakable Frame 6199 Black Frame Gray Lens
Offered by DUCO Network Technology Co., Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running/cycling, 22 July 2016
I am a runner and cyclist, and have been using these sunglasses for both of these sports for a couple of weeks now. They arrived well packaged and come complete with a hard case, cleaning cloth and soft material pouch. A mini screwdriver is also included for minor tweaks. They are fully polarised and have a small image card to help showcase this. They appear to be very solid and finished to a high quality, much better than I was expecting at this price range.

I have been using Oakley half jacket 2.0s up until now, and these sunglasses are very comparable. They fit very comfortable and the black lenses are suitable for a range of different conditions. I do not have a large face, and they felt secure throughout my activities. They are a little larger than my Oakley sunglasses, and I feel they may be a little large for smaller faces for running, but are perfect for cycling where I prefer to have little more eye protection. They are also quite light in weight and the nose pad is well positioned and comfortable.

I would highly recommend these sunglasses to fellow runners and cyclists. 5/5

Note: I received these sunglasses for free to review.

FUNREST Toddler and Kids Pillow, Dunlop Natural Latex Foam Contour Pillow with Cotton Zipper Cover 50x30x9/7cm, Anti-Allergy Pillow for Children, Soft
Offered by Chuzhou Baorui

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 22 July 2016
This hypo allergenic pillow arrived quickly and was well packaged. It is designed foe children but can easily suit adults, too. There is an outer zipper cover included, too. I found the pillow to be very comfortable and the shape retuned to normal in the morning. There is no unpleasant smell form the foam as I have found with some other pillows. I found that I could turn my head easily from side to side with full cervical (neck) support. I would highly recommend this pillow if you are looking for a comfortable memory foam pillow but find some other brands a little to stiff.

Note: I was sent this pillow at nor charge to review.

Keynice Mini USB Clip and Desk Personal Fan, Quiet Operation, Desk Fan, Desk Fans, mini fan, table fan,4 Inch 2 Speed Portable Cooling Fan USB Powered by NetBook, Computer MacBook, Power Bank, and PC, 360° up and down ,for Home Office - Black
Offered by Keynice EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective cooling, 21 July 2016
This USB fan came well packaged and was delivered on-time. It is made from plastic, but is very well designed and feels solidly built. It is quite light in weight. Inside the box is the fan itself, a power cable (one end goes into the fan and the other into a USB port from where it is powered), and instructions.

The fan features a large clip, so you can attached the fan onto a shelf. I have mine located above my desk at work (see attached picture). The turn and swivel rotation of the fan means you can put it at pretty much any angle. The fan is well protected in the housing and will not catch your fingers. There are two settings for the fan; low and high. I was pleasantly by the low noise levels and amount of wind generated. I have been using it in my office at work where it is very hot, and this fan has been immensely useful! So much so that colleagues have asked about where they can get one.

I would definitely recommend this fan if you need a USB powered option one (ideal for working at your desk). I thought this would be more of a novelty, but it has provided outstanding performance so far and I highly recommend it. 5/5
Comment Comment | Permalink

Luxugen Premium Adjustable Dog Saddle Bags Backpack Harness in 3 Size Perfect for Walking Hiking in Black, L
Offered by Luxugen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for long walks, 13 July 2016
I often have to take a bag pack when I go out for long walks with my golden retriever. This normally invoked carrying a small water bowl, water and other bits and pieces. This dog saddle is very convenient to carry these extras, and the saddle bag fits very comfortably over my doggy. At first I thought that some extra weight on him would be uncomfortable, but the bag seems to be very well made, and the weight appears to be evenly distributed. Mylo (my dog) did;'t even notice it was there, apparently. And it looks quite cool, too! The bag is well made and there are different compartments. Zips were also smooth to operate. I definitely wouldn't put anything too heavy in it, as I wouldn't want Mylo to be uncomfortable at all. All-in-all, a great accessory that will make your long walks more enjoyable.

Note: I received this dog saddle for free to review.

Canary All-in-One Home Security Device - Black
Canary All-in-One Home Security Device - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best home security camera on the market, 11 July 2016
There are a number of home surveillance cameras available on the market, and as a tech reviewer, I am often invited to review these. The only one which has worked well for me, with minimal effort, is the Philips inSight, which I have in my living room. This allows me to view live footage, but nothing more. Quality is also mediocre at best. I have recently purchased a Canary “all-in-one” home security device. In short, this is a camera from which live footage can be viewed, as well as a history of footage, along with a plethora of additional features. It is these other features which make this probably one of the best home security cameras available to consumers today. Here are my thoughts.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
From the very unboxing, I knew that this was going to be a high quality product. Reviews have been generally positive, and the ease of setting up the Canary has been well documented. Included in the box is the Canary itself, UK wall plug, USB to Micro USB cable, connection cable, instructions and some stickers. The Canary is very well designed and looks so discreet, you may be forgiven for not noticing that it is a camera. As it is (almost) completely wireless, you have a lot more choice for placement options. I set mine up in my home study, neatly on my desk. It only requires power from a USB device, and I connected mine to a USB hub, although a wall plug is also included. The bottom of the device gives out a soft light blue/white LED light to show that it is on.

SET-UP / FUNCTIONALITY
Setting up the Canary was a very straight forward process. I simply downloaded the official app from the app store (iOS) onto my phone, and followed the on-screen instructions. This involved connecting to my home wifi network. I also needed to briefly physically connect the Canary to my iPhone using the supplied cable (basically a 3.5mm headphone jack). Once set-up, everything was operational. The app is very nicely designed, simple to use, and allows me to view my home office from anywhere in the world! I did notice that there is around 8 seconds of lag with live viewing, and I believe that this is because the Canary servers are located in the US. I am not entirely sure how this makes a difference, but this is what I have read.

The app itself features a timeline, allowing the user to view footage from the past 12 hours. This is with the ‘free’ plan, but you can upgrade to a paid plan which will allow for more hours (up to 30 days) and unlimited downloads, whereas free plan has a limited number of downloads. Also note, you can connect the Canary directly through an ethernet connection, although the wireless option has been flawless for me.

FEATURES
What sets the Canary apart from other home monitoring devices are a number of unique features. The Canary connects to your phone via bluetooth, and can detect when you are at home and when you leave.

Notifications: When you leave the house, the Canary can arm itself to ‘away’ mode’. This means that if it detects movement, you will receive a notification allowing you to view what is going on at home. Sound quality is also decent.

Siren: The Canary features a 90dB alarm, which the user can activate if they see any suspicious activity. The emergency services number is also located within the app, so you can quickly dial it, if required. The alarm is much louder than a smoke alarm, and surprisingly loud from such a small device, but not like my ADT alarm.

Temperature / humidity: This is another unique feature, which I probably won’t use much, but is good to check once in a while. A carbon-monoxide sensor built-in would have been a welcome addition, with the ability to see your atmospheric levels in some sort of graph.

MULTIPLE DEVICES: You can connect up to four Canary devices in a single home.

PROS
-Discreet and good aesthetics
-Wireless (almost!)
-Very easy to set-up
-Good quality HD footage
-Wide viewing angle
-Good night vision
-Notifications

CONS
-Only records up to 12 hours worth of footage (with the free plan)
-Around 8 seconds of lag with live viewing
-Cannot send voice message back through the device (as with Philips inSight)

CONCLUSIONS
To summarise, I personally love the Canary. Yes, it is one of the more dearly priced home cameras on the market, but also one of the most well designed, simple to use and aesthetically pleasing. The Canary would look great in any home, and the extra features really do set it apart. Ideal not only for home security, but also monitoring y our children/pets, too. If you want quality, be prepared to fork-out for the premium. I think investing in your home security is a wise-move, and there is no price you can put on a sound piece of mind. Allowing me to view live footage of my home whilst I am away, and replay footage is a huge advantage, and one I am happy to pay for.

Enkeeo 11pcs Set of Resistance Bands, 5 Exercise Bands, Portable GYM Quality Resistance Tubes with 2 Ankle Straps, 2 Handhelds, 1 Door Anchor and 1 Carry Bag, Personal Home and Office Use
Offered by MEILANDEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for runners, 7 July 2016
I am a runner and cyclist. Since picking up a running related injury (pirformis syndrome) last summer (which has now finally almost resolved!) I have begun to incorporate a much greater amount of flexibility and stitching into my routine, particularly after a run. This includes foam rolling and a range of stretches. I often seek the assistance of someone else to push and hold certain stretches, however, these resistance bands help solve the requirement for another person. There are five resistance bands include in this pack, each of a different resistance. They come packed in a bag for easy storage/transportation. I found the bands to be easy to hold and they also seem very durable and strong. I would imagine that they will last a long time and not break easily at all. One of the stretches I do is when I lay on my back, extend my leg straight, so it is at 90 degrees with my torso, and this resistance band helps with this. Not only have they made my stretches feel easier, but I have noticed an increased amount of flexibility since incorporating them into my post workouts. My partner has also been using them to assist with her planter fascitits.

Irwin Visegrip 10505518 Cable Cutter
Irwin Visegrip 10505518 Cable Cutter

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuts brake cables fine, 5 July 2016
I purchased this to cut brake cables on my road bike. Appear to be well made and are quite heavy for their size. They work well, and my hand felt safe whilst cutting.

VECELO Eames Style DSW Eiffel Plastic Retro Dining Chair/ Lounge Chair, Set of 2(white2)
Offered by VECELO

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and stylish set of chairs, 4 July 2016
These chaines were delivered on time and securely packaged. The box is large. Assembly was quick and easy. instructions are included, but I did not need to consult these. The top part of the chair (the seat) silly attaches to the base, which is pre-assembled. Screw and fixings are provided. From unboxing to assembly took around 10 minuets in total. You only need an allen key, which is included.

The chair is aesthetically pleasing and true to the pictures shown. The seat is made from a plastic material, and say to clean. It seems to be very durable and tough. We are currently using them in the garden during the summer. I have had a number of people use the chair, ranging from 50kg to 80kg, and had no problems so far. The legs are made from a wood, and look very nice in person. I found the chair to be comfortable to sit in, and the chair is moulded shape helps with this, despite there being no cushioning.

All-in-all, highly recommended if you need a comfortable and stylish looking set of chairs this summer. 5/5

Note: I received these chairs for free to review. All thoughts are my own.

Estarer 3 set Luggage Organiser Travel Bags Cloth Packing Cubes (Blue)
Estarer 3 set Luggage Organiser Travel Bags Cloth Packing Cubes (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient for frequent travellers, 29 Jun. 2016
This is a very handy item to have when going on holiday. This set is comprised of 3 luggage organisers. Made from an easy clean/wipe material, they each feature a zipper to close and are light in weight, and contain a part mesh top so your clothes can breathe. There are 3 different sizes in this set. Each one also contains its own separate handle, so is easy to remove from your suitcase, even when filled. Often when I go on holiday, I have trouble organising my clothes in my suitcase, and they are no way near as organised after the plane journey as I had originally packed them. I have travelled with this set of travel bags, and could easily organise my clothes. They were also very handy for sorting clean clothes from dirty clothes. No more putting clothes in carrier bags and stuffing them anymore. I cannot recommend this set highly enough. 5/5

Note: I received this item for a discounted price to review.

MIER Travel Duffel Bag Overnight Weekend Holdall Bag with Shoes Compartment and an extra Make Up Bag for Men and Women, 2 pc set (Gray)
Offered by Mierlife Co,.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides a lot of storage space, 29 Jun. 2016
This is a very attractive bag. It came well packaged and was delivered quickly. It is made from a hard wearing outer material and contains a main zipper compartment, handles with fastening and a main longer single strap (which is removable). The colour is accurate to the stock pictures shown. The zips operate smoothly and did not get stuck.

The bag measures 52 x 28 x 29cm. I found this to be sufficient to hold 2 pairs of jeans, 2 T-shirts and a number of other items (with still space to spare) for a weekend away. Inside there is a separate zip compartment for smaller objects like your phone, wallet, etc. There is also a compartment at the bottom for your shoes, which I found to be very useful, as I don't like to keep my shoes with my clean clothes. I would highly recommend this bag to anyone who travels and needs a convenient way to organise their belongings whilst on the move. 5/5

Note: I received this bag for free to provide an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20