Profile for Fireball Dragon > Reviews

Content by Fireball Dragon
Top Reviewer Ranking: 9

Fireball Dragon (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Belkin USB 3.0 Dual Video Docking Station with Elevated Loft Stand for Laptops/MacBooks/Ultrabooks with USB 3.0 Charging Port
Price: 149.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love technology and gadgets. Belkin are a great company and have made some fantastic products. Unfortunately, this is a 'want' item, rather than a need, for most people, especially in today's age of wireless devices.

The logic behind this device is that one connects all their computer peripherals to the stand, including Ethernet (if you still use that...), USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB drives, etc. then simply connect your laptop to this stand by a single USB cable and have access to all other devices!

I tried using this with my macbook, but there are some compatibility issues. However, the main point to raise is that if one connects wireless keyboards and trackpads to their laptop, and uses wireless internet, a lot of intended functionality for this stand becomes redundant.

I can see certain people in certain office environments who may benefit from this set-up. For a person on the ho who uses wireless peripheries, wifi and the cloud for storage, it is not for me.

On the plus side, the stand is beautifully crafted and of a very high quality and finish. Do your research on this expensive docking station before splashing out. 3/5

Ultrasport NavRun 600 GPS Heart Rate Monitor with 2.4 GHz Chest Strap
Ultrasport NavRun 600 GPS Heart Rate Monitor with 2.4 GHz Chest Strap
Price: 107.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs much improvement, 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fit was enthusiast, and was excited when I receive this watch. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations in the ways in which I had imagined.

Firstly, the watch seems to be a little poor in overall finish and quality. It is also a little uncomfortable on my wrist due to the type of buckle system it utilises. I much prefer the stud fasten system implemented in the Nike+ GOS running watches.

It accurately measured my heart rate, no problems there. The display is a little dim and could do with being sharper. And more crisp. GPS signal was quick to connect, but not very accurate. A route I know to be 10km was measured as 7.9km by the watch.

The overall instructions are also not great, and a little difficult to follow. Setting up the watch requires multiple button presses and steps, and this is the last thing I want to do/learn before a run.

Software was a little fiddly and I did not like the cable I have to attach to the watch each time to upload workout data. Wireless syncing would have been great.

Overall, improvements are needs if this watch is to compete in an established market with the likes of Adidas MiCoach, Nike+ and Garmin. 3/5
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 2:08 PM BST

Belkin Felt Wool and Leather Contrast Sleeve with Magnetic Closure for 13 inch Laptop - Grey/Black
Offered by B2B TRADING
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, sturdy case., 17 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used this case for my 13" macbook with retina display. It has a really nice finish and is of a high quality. The case opens and closes with magnetic closure, which works very well with this case. It has proved my macbook with easy and safe transportation. The only downside is that there are some gaps, at the top sides, meaning it will not provide protection as well as some zip cases.

Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
by Amie Clifford
Price: 23.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Good text for junior medics., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those unfamiliar with the “on the move” series of books, they are written by junior medical medics, and contain bit sized information in a small book, which is designed to be easy to carry on the ward.

This book was a good introduction to this subject and covers subnets ranging from history and examination to medical problems during pregnancy. There is also a self assessment section to test your knowledge.

I should stress that this is a pure medical book designed for junior doctors (or medics looking for a refresher) and not for the general public.

Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
by Molly Douglas
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good text for junior medics., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those unfamiliar with the "on the move" series of books, they are written by junior medical medics, and contain bit sized information in a small book, which is designed to be easy to carry on the ward. Psychiatry is one of this subjects I find fascinating, as I am sure many others do, but have no formal knowledge on the subject.

This book was a good introduction to this relatively poorly understood subject area, however does assume some previous knowledge. It is highly focussed on clinical diagnosis and treatment, covering everything from examining patients, substance misuse, as well as some legislation. There are a number of mental health disorders which are also covered in a basic manner.

Haematology at a Glance
Haematology at a Glance
by Atul Mehta
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written book., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a huge fan of the “at a glance” series of books. This latest edition of haematology at a glance does not disappoint, covering a significant number of topics to provide a solid introduction to this somewhat confusing subject area.

The book begins with basic physiology, before moving onto specific disorders, malignancies and treatment procedures. A number of further topics are also covered such as haemostasis, tropical blood borne diseases and transfusion science. As with other books in the series, there are a number of diagrams and pictures which really assist with learning. The pictures of specific blood cells are clear and large, as well as patient images.

The text is written in a clear, legible manner, and is easy to digest. I use this book myself as a reference tool, as it is easy to find information and dive in and out of.

All in all, a fantastic book. I would encourage a quick flick through this book before purchase. 5/5

Medical Sciences at a Glance
Medical Sciences at a Glance
by Michael D. Randall
Price: 26.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic overview!, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anyone studying for a medical degree or related subject has surely come across the “at a glance” series of books. I have been using them for years now, and have never been disappointed with the level of detail and easy to read text. This latest edition of medical sciences at a glance does not disappoint.

This book covers most bodily systems in some details, providing a solid overview of human physiology. The opening chapter, as with many medical text books, greets you with cellular structure and function, before moving onto metabolism and some basic genetics before moving onto the physiology side of things. Everything from the respiratory system, renal system and digestive system are explored. There is also a concluding chapter on infection and immunity, covering some basic immunology.

There are plenty of diagrams and pictures, and text is written in a legible and comprehensive manner. Although this book is great for an overview, I would definitely supplement with a more detailed text for areas you are particularly interested in. Great for undergraduate degrees or to refer back to later. All in all, an excellent guide and introduction reference text. 5/5

Pocket Guide to GastrointestinaI Drugs
Pocket Guide to GastrointestinaI Drugs
by M. Michael Wolfe
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book., 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am doing a PhD related to gastrointestinal disease, and have a keen interest in the subject. This book is an excellent reference companion for anyone interested in the range of gastrointestinal drugs available.

My primary research interests are in the lower gastrointestinal tract, however, this book does a fantastic job of covering everything from the upper GI tract, liver and pancreas, too. I am no pharmacologist, but still found the content easy to read and digestible (slight pun intended!).

The book is conveniently divided into sections on the upper GI tract, small and large intestine, liver and pancreas, antimicrobials and vaccines, and finally nutrition and probiotics. Each chapter opens with an introduction, and subsequently explore the range of drugs available for conditions associated with specific regions of the gut.

The pharmacology in this book is extensive, with the pharmacodynamics explored in enough detail to satisfy readers, yet not so complex to put one off the subject. Some essential physiology is also covered, where required. Clinical use, dosing and adverse effects are also covered in some detail.
One further aspect of the book I believe helped was the frequent use of tables and figures to assist understanding.

All in all, I am really enjoying this book, which I will continue to use as a reference guide. 5/5

Vax H86-GA-P Gator Pet Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 0.3 L, White and Red
Vax H86-GA-P Gator Pet Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 0.3 L, White and Red
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly convenient vacuum. 5/5, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a Golden Retriever, who although I love to bits, have real issues with his hair! This Vax Gator pet vacuum is a life saver, and has really helped with excess hair on dark coloured rugs and sofas alike.

I will start with the plus points. The vacuum is fairly light, comfortable to hold and feels like a solid build. It is rechargeable and cordless, and I typically get around 15 minutes of solid suction power from a full charge. The vacuum does a fantastic job at lifting pet hair, and other crumbs, etc, from furniture and is quick to do so. It is also very quick and easy to empty the dust collection container.

I really would like the battery life to have been a little longer, which is my only slight concern. Although I appreciate that this is a fully mobile and cordless device, which is highly convenient.

I have extended usage of this vacuum also to the stairs and car, for which it is also perfect.

All in all, I am very pleased with this nifty vacuum which has been very helpful and quick, particularly when I do not wish to pull out the large vacuum cleaner and fiddle around with leads, etc. Highly recommended. 5/5

Velini ladys ring R6888, sterling silver, micro pave setting, AAA quality cubic zirconia 45 stones, shines like diamonds.
Offered by Velini
Price: 44.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ring!, 7 Jun 2014
I must start this review by bold confessing that I am not know much about jewellery. I was contacted by the manufacturers of this ring to write a review for this item, which they kindly provided. I gave this ring to my girlfriend who has been wearing it for the past week or so now, and I gathered her thoughts to compose this brief review.

The ring itself is beautifully crafted. One would expect the price of the ring to be a lot higher than what it is being sold for. The finish and quality are of a very high standard. The silver colour is quite shiny, so the ring is quite easily noticed. The ziconia stones are also attractive and seem well placed, so hopefully will not become displaced.

I have worn a few items of jewellery myself personally in the past, and usually only go for silver coloured items like this ring (not a big fan of yellow metal!). One problem I noticed was that silver coloured items quite easily pick up scratches, regardless of the price-point. I was happy to notice that this ring did not suffer from the same fate, and despite being worn everyday for over a week, still looks brand new!

Conclusively early days with this ring, but I could definitely recommend this as a gift to anyone interested. A well crafted, beautiful looking piece of ladies jewellery. 5/5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20