Profile for JMJ > Reviews

Content by JMJ

JMJ

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mistitled, 27 Jan 2014
This book was a disappointment. It is about Michael, the boy Philomena gave up for adoption against her will. The first section was very promising but then it became Michael's very prolonged biography with rather too much detail of his homosexual activities. I was longing to know more about Philomena's life but there was nothing there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 7:35 PM BST

Amplicomms Powertel M7000 GSM Sim Free Mobile Telephone - Silver
Amplicomms Powertel M7000 GSM Sim Free Mobile Telephone - Silver
Offered by Hearing Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for elderly parent - might get one for myself!, 15 Jan 2014
I was looking for a mobile for Dad(95) who was finding his old one too fiddly. I chose this because he can't press the keys inadvertently and it had keys of the right size. The screen is a good size too and it is really user friendly.Also LOUD!! Had to take it to Vodafone shop to get it set up as his existing Sim would not work but that was free. All in all, excellent product. My only criticism is it would be good to be able to affix a carry strap like he had before.

Mozart: Requiem
Mozart: Requiem

4.0 out of 5 stars different, 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Mozart: Requiem (Audio CD)
This is a beautiful recording of this stunning work. I wasn't expecting the soloists to be drawn from the choir however and for the treble and alto to be youngsters. This did not detract from my liking of this recording but if it was to be my sole experience of this work, I would probably choose a more conventional recording.

Medina 12 plastic bath seat enabling easy access to the bath
Medina 12 plastic bath seat enabling easy access to the bath
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars safe bathing, 19 Jun 2011
I bought this for my 93 year old Dad who ws finding getting in and out of the bath difficult and standing under the shower tiring. He has used it several times now and has regained his confidence. The height is just right for the bath and it is stable and secure. Very good price too.