Profile for SDHPill > Reviews

SDHPill

Millwall
Millwall

3.0 out of 5 stars Two thirds good, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Millwall (Kindle Edition)
Millwall was passed onto me by friend who was given it by the author at a market in Somerset who asked him to read/review and pass on.
I enjoyed most of the book but thought it lost it's way towards the end and just faded away.
I was surprised there was no mention of Millwall's infamous followers. That's all I know about Millwall F.C.
I did laugh out when I read that the current England manager was Henning Wehn.!
I will pass it on again.
Good luck Duncan

Wasted!: The Incredible True Story of Cricket's First Rock 'n' Roll Star
Wasted!: The Incredible True Story of Cricket's First Rock 'n' Roll Star
by Paul Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 4 Oct. 2013
What always jars me off is when books about people who have had problems with drugs don't say how much/quantity they were taking. It's very important to the reader to know this. Just to say you were taking coke/E means nothing. How much? This was not explained so it was difficult to understand your habit/problem.

Crossing the Line: Losing Your Mind as an Undercover Cop
Crossing the Line: Losing Your Mind as an Undercover Cop
by Christian Plowman

2.0 out of 5 stars Someones got to do it. But not me thanks, 4 Oct. 2013
Crack dens and dodgy pikeys are wrong, we all know that. But I was expecting undercover police to be infiltrating a more serious type of criminal. Big respect for anyone who does this job. But i found the cases he was working on a little trivial in the grand scheme of things. Sorry I was expecting more. Easy for me to say.

Cockney Reject
Cockney Reject
by Jeff Turner

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, how sad, never mind, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Cockney Reject (Paperback)
Liked the music. Hated the book. Punching people is NOT the answer. The only excuse is that you were so young.

A Series of Unrelated Events
A Series of Unrelated Events
by Richard Bacon

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit lazy, 4 Oct. 2013
I really like Richard Bacons show on 5live. But didn't think a lot of this. A couple of the yarns were very funny. A couple he had already told on his radio show. And the rest were just ok. Why not say who the Sky Sports presenter was? it's all over the net. Why not say how much gear you were doing? Give us the full story. But I still think he's a great presenter

Blood and Sand
Blood and Sand
by Frank Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars What a man, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Blood and Sand (Paperback)
I thought i was going to enjoy this book before I bought it after listening to interviews with Frank while he was promoting it. And i wasn't wrong. Read it in 2 days on the beach last week. It was fantastic. What an inspiration he is and what a life he has had.
I'll let people make they're own mind up but if you're not moved and affected by the aftermath of his shooting then there must be something wrong with you.Totally inspirational. The only book that has ever made me cry.