Profile for SlimySnail > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Angel Bug
The Angel Bug

5.0 out of 5 stars The Angel Bug, A MUST Read., 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Angel Bug (Kindle Edition)
I love this book, so cleverly written with very realistic, likeable characters. And the setting of the Eden Project really was the making of this fantastic story. One that leaves you thinking and dying to know what happens next. A real page turner that I know I will read again and again. I have already recommended this to friends via my own book group.

A4 Rotary Paper Trimmer
A4 Rotary Paper Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Aug. 2013
Don't even think about buying one of these. I'm on my 3rd in 3 weeks and and that's including one sent directly from the manufacturer. It won't cut more than two sheets of thin paper, when it does cut it leaves a rough frayed edge, it's stiff, clunky and just really a very poor product. And also, should you need to contact the manufacturer direct, brace yourself for them to be on the rude side. Very bad product made and distributed by rude, deluded people who seem to think their product is wonderful and the customer must be at fault.

Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Offered by Whitebox Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste your money, 1 Aug. 2013
I have one of these and frankly it's the biggest waste of money ever. Within 3 months of having it I had to ring indesit, who I will also add are hopeless, I was left nearly a fortnight without a washing machine due to HUMAN error and monumental cock ups. This was hell on earth as my daughter was only weeks old and getting through clothes/towels at an astonishing rate. We had no one near by to help us out. Since then it has continued to break down, it now cuts out on a daily basis and I can't afford indesits ridiculous rates to come and fix it on a daily basis. I am now saving for something else but please, do not waste your money on this machine. It only has one star as there isn't an option for none. Awful product and even worse aftercare.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2014 8:42 PM GMT

The Moth's Kiss
The Moth's Kiss

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Moth's Kiss (Kindle Edition)
A collection of short stories, not to be read at night when you're home alone. Wonderfully written, edge of your seat, proper page turners make this book unputdownable. It's one of those I'll read again and again and I have recommended it to family and friends. Thank You Vivienne for giving me another favourite read.

Strangers and Pilgrims
Strangers and Pilgrims

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Mar. 2013
I really enjoyed this, very real, likeable characters who you can relate to, all facing very different issues. By halfway through the book, you are taken so successfully inside the heads of these people you feel like you know them thus making this a very addictive book. Excellent, clever story and one that gets you thinking and discussing life even with those who haven't read. I have now recommended this to several friends and I have since bought another of Vivienne's books as this one was so enjoyable.

The Incredibly Misguided Rantings Of Fudgecrumpet
The Incredibly Misguided Rantings Of Fudgecrumpet

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny as ..., 10 Sept. 2012
Best read whilst sat on the loo as you will probably wet yourself laughing. Very funny, laugh out loud stuff. If you haven't got it yet, I highly recommend it.

Sworn Secret
Sworn Secret
by Amanda Jennings

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Sworn Secret (Paperback)
An exceptionally well written book about the tragic death of Anna and her younger sister's struggle to not only come to terms with such an awful thing, but also with the awful circumstances surrounding it and her journey to find her own identity. Amanda has taken you inside her mind and the into the tortured mind of her poor Mother Kate too and her battle with her loss and struggle to come to terms with everything. This was so well done that come the end of the book, I felt like I was reading about people I knew, I shed tears for these characters, a wonderfully emotive book. I have recommended it to my friends and will continue to do so and it's one I WILL read again.
Thank you Amanda for this wonderful book and I wish you all the very best with your next and eagerly look forward to it.

Page: 1 | 2