Profile for SlimySnail > Reviews

Content by SlimySnail

SlimySnail

Page: 1 | 2
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Handmade Gift Cards: 75 imaginative designs to make, shown in 500 stunning photographs
by Cheryl Owen
Price: 8.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of ideas., 22 Feb 2014
I honestly can't recommend this highly enough. Loads of really good, not overly complicated, but very beautiful ideas in this book that are fully adaptable should you need them to be. If you were to only ever buy one book on card making, I'd look no further than this. Lovely clear pictures and detailed instructions make this book idiot proof. Beautifully laid out and very user friendly. Love it.

The Broons Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
The Broons Annual 2014 (Annuals 2014)
by Dc Thomson Books Ltd
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits nae te like?, 22 Feb 2014
The Broons. Scotland's favourite family. I was brought up reading the broons and their hilarious and often totally relatable antics. Just good old fashioned Scots humour at it's very best.

100 Best-Loved Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
100 Best-Loved Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
Price: 0.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent content but very badly laid out, 22 Feb 2014
I would love to give this 5 stars, the content deserves it. An excellent choice of wonderful poetry, well thought out. But, what lets it down massively is the spacing, the layout and the overall presentation of the content. Some are double spaced, some are single spaced, there's no break between some of the poems. I'm a publisher of poetry and it's really worth taking the time to lay it out properly as it can make or break the entire reading experience. If I could split it, content, 5 stars without a doubt, layout, 1. So sorry but it has the feel of a book that was produced in a terrible rush and seems unprofessional.

Beatha - A Badger's Story
Beatha - A Badger's Story
Price: 2.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 22 Jan 2014
This is a beautifully written story, powerful and thought provoking and very emotive. Once I started reading this, I simply could not put it down until I had read the whole thing. I got totally drawn into the characters and it's written in such a way that you feel you are seeing it through their eyes. Make sure you have time, peace to lose yourself in this and have a tissue at hand.

Great Poems
Great Poems
by Belinda Gallagher

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Great Poems (Paperback)
I am a poet and a great lover of poetry and I refer to this book as my bible. It is beautifully laid out, beautifully illustrated and packed full of wonderful poetry. This is a book for all ages. I read some of these to my two year old and get such enjoyment from it myself. There are lots of categories and as well as being a stunning presentation of poetry, you also get a brief history of the poem/poet too. I can't recommend this highly enough and cannot say enough good things about this. If you love poetry, this is a must have.

The Angel Bug
The Angel Bug
Price: 2.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The Angel Bug, A MUST Read., 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Angel Bug (Kindle Edition)
I love this book, so cleverly written with very realistic, likeable characters. And the setting of the Eden Project really was the making of this fantastic story. One that leaves you thinking and dying to know what happens next. A real page turner that I know I will read again and again. I have already recommended this to friends via my own book group.

A4 Rotary Paper Trimmer
A4 Rotary Paper Trimmer
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Aug 2013
Don't even think about buying one of these. I'm on my 3rd in 3 weeks and and that's including one sent directly from the manufacturer. It won't cut more than two sheets of thin paper, when it does cut it leaves a rough frayed edge, it's stiff, clunky and just really a very poor product. And also, should you need to contact the manufacturer direct, brace yourself for them to be on the rude side. Very bad product made and distributed by rude, deluded people who seem to think their product is wonderful and the customer must be at fault.

Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Indesit IWDC6105(UK) Washer Dryer in White
Offered by Whitebox Europe
Price: 310.63

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste your money, 1 Aug 2013
I have one of these and frankly it's the biggest waste of money ever. Within 3 months of having it I had to ring indesit, who I will also add are hopeless, I was left nearly a fortnight without a washing machine due to HUMAN error and monumental cock ups. This was hell on earth as my daughter was only weeks old and getting through clothes/towels at an astonishing rate. We had no one near by to help us out. Since then it has continued to break down, it now cuts out on a daily basis and I can't afford indesits ridiculous rates to come and fix it on a daily basis. I am now saving for something else but please, do not waste your money on this machine. It only has one star as there isn't an option for none. Awful product and even worse aftercare.

The Moth's Kiss
The Moth's Kiss
Price: 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Moth's Kiss (Kindle Edition)
A collection of short stories, not to be read at night when you're home alone. Wonderfully written, edge of your seat, proper page turners make this book unputdownable. It's one of those I'll read again and again and I have recommended it to family and friends. Thank You Vivienne for giving me another favourite read.

Strangers and Pilgrims
Strangers and Pilgrims
Price: 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this, very real, likeable characters who you can relate to, all facing very different issues. By halfway through the book, you are taken so successfully inside the heads of these people you feel like you know them thus making this a very addictive book. Excellent, clever story and one that gets you thinking and discussing life even with those who haven't read. I have now recommended this to several friends and I have since bought another of Vivienne's books as this one was so enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2