Profile for Keenie > Reviews

Content by Keenie

Keenie (North London)

Persuade Me (Choc Lit) (Darcy & Friends Book 2)
Persuade Me (Choc Lit) (Darcy & Friends Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms Archer, when can we expect the next fabulous book?, 26 Dec. 2011
I have admit my guilty secret - I own 'Persuade Me' twice - a hard copy, and on my kindle. I gobbled down the paperback version but wanted to linger on my second and third reading so bought the kindle version for trips to work. I adored Ms Archer's take on Emma, but this is even better. Juliet manages to balance comedy and romance perfectly - some laugh out loud moments on the tube with Mona and Lisa, and although I know the original backwards I was still on tenterhooks in case the happy ending wet awry. I know I will be lynched by fans of the original but I preferred this Anne to the Austen version - I always thought Ann was really terribly wet and whiny but this modern take makes her decision as a teenager to turn her back on her true love quite credible. There is a lightness of touch about Juliet's writing which makes her work easy to read and hard to put down - does anyone out there know when we can expect another book?

Good Things To Eat
Good Things To Eat
by Lucas Hollweg

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that lives up to its name!, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Good Things To Eat (Hardcover)
I love this utterly delicious book by Lucas Hollweg - the recipes are easy to follow and the ones I have tried have turned out beautifully. My favourite so far is the chocolate marmalade slump cake. Good range of savoury and sweet and some basics all written as if Lucas is standing in the kitchen having a chat as you go.

The Importance of Being Emma (Darcy & Friends)
The Importance of Being Emma (Darcy & Friends)
by Juliet Archer

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Delicious original take on a classic, 4 Jan. 2009
The Importance of Being Emma
A real 21st century dilemma, get supper ready or carry on reading this delightful, witty version of Jane Austen's Emma? Thank goodness for ready meals which allowed me to gobble up this surprisingly modern love story. Juliet Archer skillfully manages to build suspension, whipping the Austen basics into a light confection which is not without its darker moments. A complete treat - when is the next in the series published?