Profile for Ted > Reviews

Despicable Me 001 Refrigerator Magnet
Despicable Me 001 Refrigerator Magnet
Offered by CALENDARFORALL

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnets are supposed to stick!, 17 July 2014
Absolutely useless. Although it has a large magnetic strip on the back it is so weak that the magnet just slides down the door and falls off.
I see somebody has given it 5 stars so presumably I have a duff one?
Anyway for me it was a complete waste of money.

Anker® 5200mAh Extended Battery with Black Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9500, I9505, I9506 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT, 15 July 2014
Wow! This has really extended the usability of my phone. I can now use it all day without any worry of the battery going flat on me. Wish I had purchased this sooner.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Royal Purple (will only fit Kindle Paperwhite)

1.0 out of 5 stars Stitched Up By Amazon, 16 Feb 2014
Just bought a second Paperwhite as a present for my wife. Previously we both had the old style Kindles which were both registered to the same account, no problem!

Imagine my surprise when I set it up for her and immediately my collections all appeared on her home page. Now, although we often have the same books we certainly would expect to have different ones as well and certainly we would expect different collections..

Amazon have just confirmed by email that it is not possible to have different collections and suggested my wife opens up an account of her own. This would mean that whenever we both want the same book we would have to purchase it twice.

It certainly is a good idea to be able to synchronise your collections in the cloud, but ONLY IF YOU WANT TO. Amazon obviously have no wish to amend their software as this will bring them in extra revenue.

I am really pissed off, if you haven't already guessed.

Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Kidde 0230 BSI Battery Premium Range Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Rely on this alarm, 25 July 2013
I bought neon these about two years ago.

Great until just recently, then, all of a sudden it keeps showing a reading of 989 when in actual fact it should be showing zero.

I am looking into the possibility of suing Kidde to recover two lots of call out fees charged to me by a boiler engineer.

Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Acctim Acura Smartlite Radio Controlled Alarm Clock
Offered by HARTS

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless clock, 28 Jun 2013
I bought two of these clocks in January. Once for my wife and another for myself.

No problem whatsoever in reading the time or with the brightness of the display.

Big problem is that the clocks do not always pick up the time signal. Unfortunately, when they don't get the signal they just seem to adjust to a random time. Yesterday morning one of them was three hours slows, this morning another was ten hours fast. This really is unacceptable, if they don't clearly pick up the full signal then they should leave the time as I is and just show on the display that it has not been updated.

I do have four other radio controlled clocks in my home and none of them have ever shown an incorrect time. I have one alarm clock which is now over fifteen years old and still shows the correct time with never a problem, only needed to replace it because the backlight is not as bright as it used to be and I have trouble reading it without my glasses.
This item is completely unreliable and you cannot disable the radio controlled feature so they were a complete waste of money.

Hamilton 2 Door Bookcase
Hamilton 2 Door Bookcase
Offered by Biraz Furnishings

2.0 out of 5 stars DISMAYED, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Hamilton 2 Door Bookcase
Firstly, to be positive, the quality of the wood is good. There were a couple of very small chips in a couple of the corners which I wouldn't really expect to find in a piece of furniture of this price.

Now for the negative. How on earth they can say "easy home assembly" and "clear step by step instructions" I have no idea. The only thing clear in the instructions was step 1 which showed how to insert the dowels into the pre-drilled holes (I believe that is called 'stating the bleeding obvious'). After puzzling over the instructions for over an hour (supposedly how long it should take to assemble) we started trying without. I must be honest and say that I am definitely no carpenter or keen DIY enthusiast. However, this was the most difficult piece of flat packed furniture that I have ever had to assemble and it is only a bookcase with two doors on the bottom half. In all it has taken me over 6 hours and I am still left with the doors to be put on. I have no idea how to go about doing this, there are no markings, guide holes, or anything to aid you and I am going to get a carpenter friend to come and do it for me.

I am afraid that I wouldn't recommend this to anybody other than a keen DIY enthusiast. It really is a shame because if the instructions had been a bit clearer I would have given this product a four or five star rating. As it is I feel that the manufacturer should go back to the drawing board and re-write the instructions giving some clear pictures of how the various pieces fix together.

Stairlift to Heaven: Growing Old Disgracefully
Stairlift to Heaven: Growing Old Disgracefully

5.0 out of 5 stars A Scream a Minute, 17 Feb 2013
This is just about the funniest book I have ever read in my entire life.

I have been in tears numerous times and have ached from laughing. Whatever you do don't read this in public if you want to preserve any dignity whatsoever.

From the opening chapter to the finish Terry's brilliant imagination and humour abound.

Imagine Les Dawson (Cissie and Ada), Victor Meldrew and Last of the Summer Wine all mixed together. Give them a cocktail of mind-bending, hallucinating drugs and you have this book.

Apple iPod touch 64GB - 4th Generation - White (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 Jan 2012
This iPod touch is the most amazing piece of electronic kit that I have ever had.

The moment I took it out of its packaging I knew that I was hooked. It just feels right, the weight, the thickness (or should I say thinness) just oozes excellence of design. Within 3 minutes it was up and working, including connected to my wi-fi.

As there are so many reviews for this product I thought I would list some of the things that I could fault it on. The result, just one, and that is that I CANNOT PUT IT DOWN. My desktop computer is just being used to sync itunes and I haven't touched my laptop all week.

The apps available for it are amazing and mostly either free or cost less than £1. My favourite game app is Scrabble, it is very good.

It took literally a couple of minutes to hook up to my googlemail and hotmail accounts so I am getting my emails down on to the iPod touch. The iCloud service is also very good.

The BBC iPlayer is a free app and I have tried that out successfully. Although I thought the small screen would put me off I found it very good as the display is perfect, crystal clear and quite bright.

I would highly recommend this product. However, with one over-rider. I now wish that I had gone for the iPhone when I bought my Blackberry a couple of years ago. Basically the iPod Touch is an iPhone minus the phone and a couple of other things.

Just one more thing, and that is, if you can afford it go for the 64Gb version. You really need it if you want to get a lot of music onto it.

I think I have become an APPLE-ITE.

Mammoth XT Mini Ear Amplifying Aid - For partially deaf / Hard of hearing
Mammoth XT Mini Ear Amplifying Aid - For partially deaf / Hard of hearing
Offered by Mammoth XT Supplements

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE, 26 Dec 2011
I have been hard of hearing for over 20 years. Despite my hearing getting progressively worse the National Health will not give me a hearing aid. Evidently my loss of hearing is not bad enough!!!

When I saw this hearing-aid on Amazon I thought that I might as well give it a try. It arrived the day after I ordered it and within 5 minutes of unpacking it and reading the brief instructions I had fitted it. Wow! What a difference! At last I can hear the TV again without missing three quarters of what is being said. The volume control on the aid goes from 0 - 4 and I have it set at about 1.5. This gives very good amplification without loud sounds blowing your head off.

I don't think it would work well out of doors or in a busy environment as it picks up and amplifies all sounds. Obviously the expensive hearing aids can digitally manipulate the sound and also have several microphones in them so that they can filter out noise coming from behind you and also amplify human voices more than other sounds.

I would recommend this product without hesitation and I hope that it will bring "new life" to many other people who like me have a mild to moderate hearing loss.

Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne battery charger
Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne battery charger
Offered by Nevada

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT CHARGER, 19 Jun 2011
Firstly, although it came all the way from Germany it turned up bang on time.

This is an excellent tool. Take time to read and absorb the instructions because you need to select the correct settings for the battery you are charging. It will charge up to 4 batteries (both AA and AAA) with any mix allowable.

There are a number of programmed entries and as well as charging this device will discharge the batteries also. This means that you can occasionally give your batteries a boost by putting them through vartious cycles.

Although it might seem pricey, for the extra you will get out of your rechargeable batteries it will soon pay for itself.

Page: 1 | 2